Which Hoosiers will show up? Players ...

Which Hoosiers will show up? Players say they have refocused

There are 219 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 13, 2008, titled Which Hoosiers will show up? Players say they have refocused. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Dreyer & Reinbold BMW VW Great Deals at Dreyer & Reinbold Greenwood on New and Pre-Owned Certified BMW, Infiniti, Volkswagen and now Subaru!. Click for Details! Tom Wood Lexus Lexus Certified Pre-Owned includes ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

Willowbrook, IL

#210 Mar 14, 2008
Glad you are a boiler wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how you could possibly think the pu/ui game will be close. pu is at the top of their game, their players are all saints, and they work harder than any team in history. With all that being said, over and over and over mind you, anything short of a 40 point win would be a choke job.
Your boys lost to a #10 seed! A team that had over twenty turnovers and couldn't hit a free throw if their life depended on it. I don't call that being on top of their game. Zero field goals in OT!
Purdue gags

Monon, IN

#211 Mar 14, 2008
Purdue choked again. Awful.
Never can win any type of meaningful tournament game.
So sad.
Alex B

Indianapolis, IN

#212 Mar 14, 2008
They call this refocused? This is like a kid with ADHD that just got into a big bag of sugar
wow

Indianapolis, IN

#213 Mar 14, 2008
Refs tried to give the precious little punk hosers the game and they still blew it. Minnesota deserved this one... they are the better team even without Spencer Tollickson...
Fire Dan Dakich

Indianapolis, IN

#215 Mar 14, 2008
3-3 since taking over.

Thanks Hoosier nation, great job pushing out KS.

59-58 Losers

And they won't win another this year. Say goodbye Eric.

Over what....phone calls!
Denver Hoosier

Colorado Springs, CO

#216 Mar 14, 2008
Dan Dakich is a POS!!!!!!
Merrillville Hicky Hicks

Chicago, IL

#217 Mar 14, 2008
Purdue gags wrote:
So sad.
ummmm hello, don't you think you should wait until IU actually wins their game before you start berating others... Whoopsie, IU CHOKED even though the referees did everything in their power at the end of the game to give IU the game.

can you say CHOKITY CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!

IU THE TEAM THAT KEEPS ON LOSING!!!

You stupid IU fans thought you were going to the Final 4 this year, and you can't even make it to the Final 4 of the Big Ten Tournament.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHHAH!!!!
giddyinillinilan d

Springfield, IL

#218 Mar 14, 2008
Purdue gags wrote:
So sad.
IcheatU was an even bigger choke.Y'all ain't no good. The refs tried to give you the game and you still sucked.Good luck watching Purdue make it further in the tourney than your one and done. Just like Gordumb.

Tell Gordumb to keep jacking up the 3's. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha
giddyinillinilan d

Springfield, IL

#219 Mar 14, 2008
Denver Hoosier wrote:
Dan Dakich is a POS!!!!!!
So's your lousy team.

1.5 seconds and you couldn't get a stop. Pitiful.
Pitiful pitiful pitiful. You will be an embarrassment to the Big 10 in the tournament.

Oh, and by the way, I've seen better Freshmen in the Big 10 on the Purdue and Penn State teams than Gordumb. Freshman of the year. What a joke and a slap in the face to the freshmen in this league who are all-around better players than Gordumb.

IcheatU and Gordumb: EXPOSED!!!!!

LOL
IU LIFER

Bremen, IN

#220 Mar 14, 2008
Man I am a life long Hoosier fan, but I must say this team is lost for this year. Dakich has no control over this team that is very evident. And as for Mr. Gordon, he is a total disappointment, and quite frankly I am sick and tired of all you people that wanna have his back. He is out of control and if Bob Knight were here, he would have his little A$$ sitting on the bench GUARANTEED. Dakich will not and should not be brought back next year to coach this team. We just witnessed a total meltdown of a Big Ten school.
giddyinillinilan d

Springfield, IL

#221 Mar 14, 2008
firedude wrote:
<quoted text>Your boys lost to a #10 seed! A team that had over twenty turnovers and couldn't hit a free throw if their life depended on it. I don't call that being on top of their game. Zero field goals in OT!
1.5 seconds.
dfish

Indianapolis, IN

#222 Mar 14, 2008
The Hooisers didn`t choke they just don`t want to play for Dakich. Do they have to play in the NCAA tournament if selected? if they do I would bench the starters except DJ & Taber because they are the only ones that really care about winning. What a bunch duds with EJ the biggest one. No offence, no defence, no teamwork. One more game before they can transfer. Go IU bring in some players who want to play for IU and become real Hoosiers.
Denver Hoosier

Colorado Springs, CO

#223 Mar 14, 2008
giddyinilliniland wrote:
<quoted text>
So's your lousy team.
1.5 seconds and you couldn't get a stop. Pitiful.
Pitiful pitiful pitiful. You will be an embarrassment to the Big 10 in the tournament.
Oh, and by the way, I've seen better Freshmen in the Big 10 on the Purdue and Penn State teams than Gordumb. Freshman of the year. What a joke and a slap in the face to the freshmen in this league who are all-around better players than Gordumb.
IcheatU and Gordumb: EXPOSED!!!!!
LOL
F-you you meth using in-bred.
nfe

Montgomery, IN

#224 Mar 14, 2008
I feel sorry for DJ having his career come to a end like this. He is the only player on the team that plays consistently. I realize they played better the second half, but the first quarter was pure non effort, with no energy or emotion. The only way this team will get better is if they can flip that switch in their brain since Sampson left and start to make better decisions. NO, Gordon is not ready for the NBA. You would think this team would have tried 100 % like Minnesota did to get this win for DJ and the IU fans
giddyinillinilan d

Springfield, IL

#225 Mar 14, 2008
Denver Hoosier wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently articulation isn't one of your strong suits.
giddyinillinilan d

Springfield, IL

#226 Mar 14, 2008
Denver Hoosier wrote:
<quoted text>
Not tonight, dear brother. I have a headache.
Florida Jim

Port Orange, FL

#227 Mar 15, 2008
This Indiana Team has been a huge bust! Gordon has been overhyped and underperformed. Gordon continues to make inexcusable turnovers[5 last night] from his stupidity-going wildly into the middle with no one to pass to and charging.I think I.U. should give up on this sorry bunch-Thomas a bull in a china-shop, Ellis all hat and no cattle, Bassett is a mouth-breather who dribbles incessantly and cannot play basketball, I could go on but why? Dakich has blown his big chance as he shows no leadership skills and his basketball judgement is suspect-guarding the in-bound passer leaving four-on-four to contest the ball and watch the game lost on this debacle. Try to get the Butler or Gonzaga coach not Dakich or anyone on this staff, please. I am embarrassed at this group.
The B-Ball Judge

Chicago, IL

#228 Mar 15, 2008
Eric Gordon is an exceptional basketball player... against mediocre talent. His stats during the Big Ten show that he is no where near as talented as most IU fans have preached all season. Remember the Big Ten is having a down year, so EJ is struggling against mostly middle of the pack competition.

I've never seen such an inconsistent player with such a high turnover ratio hyped so much in the Big Ten. I guess the media at the beginning of the year decided to proclaim him a superstar, but take any other freshmen guard who isn't afraid to penetrate, and can shoot free throws and I'm sure they will put up the same numbers as EJ.

Gordon's head has been inflated way too big, and he can not deliver.

The Verdict is....

Bracey Wright Part II if, and only if, he sticks around another year or 2. Otherwise he will get drafted 2nd round, and will soon find himself in Europe after a couple of years of sitting on the bench
No respect

Franklin, IN

#229 Mar 15, 2008
Merrillville Hicky Hicks wrote:
<quoted text>
ummmm hello, don't you think you should wait until IU actually wins their game before you start berating others... Whoopsie, IU CHOKED even though the referees did everything in their power at the end of the game to give IU the game.
can you say CHOKITY CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!
IU THE TEAM THAT KEEPS ON LOSING!!!
You stupid IU fans thought you were going to the Final 4 this year, and you can't even make it to the Final 4 of the Big Ten Tournament.
BWAHAHAHAHHAHHAH!!!!
We have been there fso many times though it is not a big issue like you big losers who name your court after a guy who only got you to final 8.
So hilarious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Hanner Mosquera-Perea Headed to the Bench? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mike Williams 1
News Iu Ad Glass lays down the law on misbehaving ba... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Marv 1
News Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Indiana Basketball: Mixed Preseason Predictions... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Sheehey To Begin Professional Career in Europe (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
More from around the web