Which Hoosiers will show up? Players say they have refocused

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Dreyer & Reinbold BMW VW Great Deals at Dreyer & Reinbold Greenwood on New and Pre-Owned Certified BMW, Infiniti, Volkswagen and now Subaru!. Click for Details! Tom Wood Lexus Lexus Certified Pre-Owned includes ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 219 Comments Last updated Mar 15, 2008
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Old Roy

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

This team is now focused and will roll through the Big Ten tournament. This will prime them for the real tournament coming next week.

Go Hoosiers!
tberry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

I certainly hope they are ready to play and not just saying the right things. I know they want to win but after what the end of the season has been I'm doubtful.

I hope I'm wrong but I predict and early exit from both the Big Ten and NCAA tournaments. I think our next big excitement will be getting our new coach and hoping the NCAA thinks firing Sampson was enough.
IU 4 EVER

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

This game and tourney will set the tone the end of the season. If they play well and win at least runner up they might have a great run in the NCAA. After all its almost like a home game for them. If they come out flat the season is over with a one and done in each tourney.We will see if the leaders can turn the babies into team players.
Lindy from Indiana

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

gone is the time for proving a point to the IU administration. gordon, who is said wants to declare himself eligible for the nba draft, has, undoubtedly, put some question in the minds of scouts, as to his maturity level. as for white, there might be some doubt, in the minds of scouts, regarding TEAM loyality (not COACH loyality). it seems funny that ellis didn't have a problem until after IU's last home game, when white declared himself and gordon, a dynamic duo. there is just enough ego on that team to create a monster and i think we're witnessing it first hand. as much as i hope i'm wrong, tonights game will tell the story. can they come together as a team, or, will they continue their televised implosion?
your answer

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Old Roy wrote:
This team is now focused and will roll through the Big Ten tournament. This will prime them for the real tournament coming next week.
Go Hoosiers!
OH NO! An old roy prediction!!! He thinks he is Ms. Cleo, but is always wrong...sorry, IU loses tonight.
TN Hoosier

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

I hope White's leadership can bring this team together, but I'm doubtful we can get by Purdue even if we pull out a win against MN tonight. This will not be an easy game especially if we continue to shoot so poorly from the perimeter.
TN Hoosier

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Lindy from Indiana wrote:
gone is the time for proving a point to the IU administration. gordon, who is said wants to declare himself eligible for the nba draft, has, undoubtedly, put some question in the minds of scouts, as to his maturity level. as for white, there might be some doubt, in the minds of scouts, regarding TEAM loyality (not COACH loyality). it seems funny that ellis didn't have a problem until after IU's last home game, when white declared himself and gordon, a dynamic duo. there is just enough ego on that team to create a monster and i think we're witnessing it first hand. as much as i hope i'm wrong, tonights game will tell the story. can they come together as a team, or, will they continue their televised implosion?
I think it was fairly obvious Ellis had a problem the second Sampson resigned. I don't think it has anything to with White. It's more a lack of respect for Dakich. Let's hope whatever it is, he's decided he'd rather play, than sit at home in front of his TV.
TN Hoosier

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

your answer wrote:
<quoted text>
OH NO! An old roy prediction!!! He thinks he is Ms. Cleo, but is always wrong...sorry, IU loses tonight.
But Miss Cleo is always wrong as well, so maybe he is Miss Cleo. Anyway, I think your prognostication skills may be called into question as well. IU has to be the odds-on favorite tonight if they show up ready to play which, I admit, is a big question mark.
Who knows

Warsaw, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

There's no more time to ponder if IU will come together, etc., since it's now one and done. I suspect IU will win 1 B10 game, lose the next, win 1 NCAA game, and then lose the next. But who knows? Anything can happen this time of year (see IU, 2002). IU may well fall apart, or the players might rally around each other and go deep. At the least I hope they make it interesting!
Black and Gold

Goshen, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

The team that will show up will probably not be the one who beat Purdue and waxed MSU since that team barely ever showed up all year.

Good luck, it's going to be a tough close game as I expect the Purdue - Illinois game to be also. I am praying that they both win so we can watch a great game on a neutral court for bragging rights.
Black and Gold

Goshen, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

By the way, does anyone know for sure if IU and Purdue do meet, if it is going to be on another channel than the BTN?
Glad you are a boiler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Black and Gold wrote:
The team that will show up will probably not be the one who beat Purdue and waxed MSU since that team barely ever showed up all year.
Good luck, it's going to be a tough close game as I expect the Purdue - Illinois game to be also. I am praying that they both win so we can watch a great game on a neutral court for bragging rights.
I don't see how you could possibly think the pu/ui game will be close. pu is at the top of their game, their players are all saints, and they work harder than any team in history. With all that being said, over and over and over mind you, anything short of a 40 point win would be a choke job.
thipp

Estero, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

This is going to sound like I'm a Gordon hater, but I'm not. He is NOT ready for the pros. His shooting is horrendous. When he drives the middle the best outcome is he gets fouled, the majority of the time he turns it over, travels, or charges. cbs sportsline nameing him first team all american is a joke. He should have figured out before conference play began early in the year that he's not playing against highschool kids anymore.The fact that he hasn't adjusted proves he needs another year in college. IU's hopes ride on DJ,s shoulders thru March this year. Not Gordon's.
new shoes

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

It would help if they would erase the "KS" off of their shoes and focus on the future, not the past....
Matt

Collinsville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Oh gawd.
1) NBA drafts on potential, that's why he's still top five. If you're not a nutjob you're fine (thus the reason the best player, Beasley, isn't a consensus #1 pick, because he's a nutjob).
2) DJ's loyalty? I assume you're basing that on the time half the team wanted to boycott? Did you ever read the follow up article where Dakich told the players they didn't have to show up to that practice? So really, he was never concerned.
3) Ellis is crazy, whether it's for Sampson or Dakich or DJ or EJ, Ellis is crazy. And not like, "that dude's crazy awesome," but more like, "that dude's wacko crazy."
Lindy from Indiana wrote:
Matt

Collinsville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

I know what you're saying but also admit that the chances he drops from the #3 pick far outweigh the chances he moves up to the #1 or #2 pick so there's no real reason to stay.
thipp wrote:
This is going to sound like I'm a Gordon hater, but I'm not. He is NOT ready for the pros. His shooting is horrendous. When he drives the middle the best outcome is he gets fouled, the majority of the time he turns it over, travels, or charges. cbs sportsline nameing him first team all american is a joke. He should have figured out before conference play began early in the year that he's not playing against highschool kids anymore.The fact that he hasn't adjusted proves he needs another year in college. IU's hopes ride on DJ,s shoulders thru March this year. Not Gordon's.
Dave the Oracle

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Well, everyone knows that Purdue plays better on paper. Tournaments are not their thing. But IU, on the other hand, will go deep into both tournaments. Good luck to all the teams in Indiana.
cjay

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Black and Gold wrote:
By the way, does anyone know for sure if IU and Purdue do meet, if it is going to be on another channel than the BTN?
That semifinal game is scheduled for 4:05 PM on CBS.
Lets go Hoosiers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

START KYLE FRICKING TABER!!!!

Alright just had to get that out there. Stemler has no business starting if he isnt going to hit threes or even shoot them. That is all he does. Taber is a better defender, better rebounder, better screener, better passer, better mover on offense and a better post player.

We need the defense to show back up. Ever since KS has been gone, this team has lost its defensive identitiy. Giving up over a hundy to MSU, giving up over 80 to Northwestern. If they can get that back and someone can knock down some outside shots, IU is very formidable. DJ should touch the ball every time down. I swear sometimes he is posted up open in the paint, but the guards are hesitant to get it to him. They are going to double him all game, so someone else will need to step up. Be that Bassett, Crawford, or Ellis someone other than EJ and DJ need to make serious contributions each game left for IU to make a run.

START KYLE FRICKING TABER!!!!!

AB
EJ
Ellis
Taber
DJ

Open your eyes Dakich!!!
Jintara Poonlarp

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

"...Hummel and Martin will be little more than role players in college, guys who will struggle to ever average double figures. I know they both have a lot of hype surrounding them but good high school players do not always translate to good college players. From what I've been told, Hummel and Martin are kids who need a lot of really good players around them for them to shine. Moore will help in that regard, but Purdue needs a couple of others, too.

I just find it funny that Purdue fans are getting all excited today. But then again, I guess it has been a while since PU fans have had much to be excited about with regards to basketball."

i just find it funny that iu fans are getting all excited

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Indiana University NCAA Discussions

Search the Indiana University NCAA Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Oakville basketball stars choosing different paths May '14 Stephen Sutton 1
NBA Rookie Projections: Cody Zeller (Sep '13) Mar '14 arja4444 2
Beat writers discuss Indiana-Purdue game Feb '14 arja4444 1
College basketball roundup: Northwestern cashes... (Jan '14) Jan '14 LTW 2
Indiana Basketball: Biggest Lessons Learned in ... Jan '14 LTW 1
Rookie Projections: Trey Burke (Aug '13) Aug '13 Alien Truth 3
NBA Draft: What Philadelphia 76ers Fans Are Hop... (Jun '13) Jun '13 King Dyce 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••