IU's Ellis to play Friday

IU's Ellis to play Friday

There are 63 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 13, 2008, titled IU's Ellis to play Friday. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Indiana University junior guard Jamarcus Ellis, who missed Sunday's game with Penn State because of a disciplinary suspension, practiced today and will play in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
adl

Argos, IN

#1 Mar 13, 2008
That's good news!
IndyWest

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Mar 13, 2008
Yea......
Bong hits for everyone.

Did anyone really think that the all mighty, tradition rich IU would keep him out of a tourney game?
(Only if we was in jail and they couldn't post bond since they spent all their money buying out Sampson)
Eric

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Mar 13, 2008
IU must lead the country in 1 or 2 game suspensions
Harry

Fishers, IN

#4 Mar 13, 2008
That's right. IU doesn't put up with crap, like other programs do... I.E. Did you know 4 boilermakers(3 starters) were caught smoking weed in the team hotel. Painter did nothing to them.. Suprised??
Old Roy

Wheaton, IL

#5 Mar 13, 2008
purcrap fans sound worried. They know if they have to play us with all of our players we will clean their clocks again. I hope you make it to Saturday's game boils, so we can put the three sweep on you.
IOU-NLV

Covington, OH

#6 Mar 13, 2008
I told coach that I would slap him silly if he kept me from playing. I also told him that I would not hit any refs at that game.
what i heard

Lexington Park, MD

#7 Mar 13, 2008
Harry wrote:
That's right. IU doesn't put up with crap, like other programs do... I.E. Did you know 4 boilermakers(3 starters) were caught smoking weed in the team hotel. Painter did nothing to them.. Suprised??
Please name these players, the date, and your source. That would possibly give you some credibility. In other news, did you hear that EJ got Britney Spears pregnant? That's the word on the street...
Eric

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Mar 13, 2008
Oh, Im sure
Harry wrote:
just wait

Elwood, IN

#9 Mar 13, 2008
Old Roy wrote:
purcrap fans sound worried. They know if they have to play us with all of our players we will clean their clocks again. I hope you make it to Saturday's game boils, so we can put the three sweep on you.
I hope so too, Roy, with the way the Hoosiers are playing the Boilers will humiliate them.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHA

Elwood, IN

#10 Mar 13, 2008
Harry wrote:
That's so funny, let's divert attention to where it isn't warranted- typical IU... did you also hear that Painter made all of Sampson's illegal phone calls. Geez, no wonder IU's school rankings keep plummeting, look at the idiots that come on these forums.
nfe

Montgomery, IN

#11 Mar 13, 2008
If that is true regarding Purdue players with weed that is ridiculous that a suspension is not forthcoming. Could be just rumors. I am glad Ellis is playing. I just hope the team gets their heads on straight. They are a very fragile team right now. It just seems that the time Sampson played his last game the team did also. I am totally upset with Sampson that he had no more respect for IU, the players or fans. I just hope we have a good showing. We are capable.
LinWoodyHarelson

Anderson, IN

#12 Mar 13, 2008
the punishment fit the crime. Ellis jerked away from Dakich when Coach was admonishing him, so he was suspended for a game. End of story. & now for something completely different...
Abe Martin

Monon, IN

#13 Mar 13, 2008
IndyWest wrote:
Yea......
Bong hits for everyone.
You know, if anyone had ANY evidence to back this oft-repeated slander, they'd have posted it by now.

The comments of Dakich made it clear that he was suspended for his attitude and behavior in practice.

Having seen him in games, I'm sure it was well deserved.
QUIT COMPLAINING

Hartford, CT

#14 Mar 13, 2008
what i heard wrote:
<quoted text>
Please name these players, the date, and your source. That would possibly give you some credibility. In other news, did you hear that EJ got Britney Spears pregnant? That's the word on the street...
HAHAHAHA..
Feeling disgruntled

Winburne, PA

#15 Mar 13, 2008
Eric wrote:
Oh, Im sure
<quoted text>
Anyone can say anything today.
Give your source or keep quiet.
That is a ridiculous and liable statement.
IndyTom

Carmel, IN

#16 Mar 13, 2008
Not that I condone misbehavior.

But, if I were 21 years old, a very talented basketball player with opportunities, and went through what these players have been through, I can say my behavior would likely be somewhat erratic, too.

Yes, as an outsider, we say he's playing for the University, the fans, and the free education, and he should be grateful. But for Mr. Ellis, he may have been playing for Sampson. Mr. Dakich is not a player's coach. Mr. Ellis earned this opportunity for himself, and he's feeling a little duped. I get it.

Hoosier men, I'll ask you to band together and make a name for yourselves. You don't deserve the turmoil of this season, but you do have the opportunity to do something great, and I would love if you did it with Indiana across your chests. Good luck.
Black and Gold

Carmel, IN

#17 Mar 13, 2008
Old Roy wrote:
Wait a minute. Better hope IU doesn't face Northwestern again. It could be another close one.

Seriously, you're coming off a crappy loss to a wounded Penn State.
excuses

Edison, NJ

#22 Mar 13, 2008
nfe wrote:
I am totally upset with Sampson that he had no more respect for IU, the players or fans.
Why does everyone act like IU was a victim? IU went after a cheater, hired him, defended him a second time, and only forced him to resign to save face. They took a risk knowing exactly what they were getting with Sampson. If anything, you should be upset with IU not having more respect for its players or fans.

“Who is John Galt?”

Since: Mar 07

Carmel

#23 Mar 13, 2008
Black and Gold wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute. Better hope IU doesn't face Northwestern again. It could be another close one.
Seriously, you're coming off a crappy loss to a wounded Penn State.
Seriously, you lost to Wofford, Iowa State, Ohio State, and oh yea INDIANA.
Dave the Oracle

Dayton, OH

#24 Mar 13, 2008
Hey, B & G...at least IU beat Purdue.

IU has had some serious ups and downs this year. But, now Ellis, who gets loads of rebounds and assists each game, is back! Bassett is feeling better. Crawford has practiced his entry passes to DJ. Taber is practicing picks and rebounds. Dakich has gotten some of the kinks out.

Onward to the B10 championship and deep into the NCAA tourney!

And then IU picks up Bennett or Miller to coach.

Bye the way...to Purdue, Butler and Notre Dame...gratz on the great year! See you in the tourneys, and gluck. Wofford!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tarrant County Constable Precinct 8 Democrats (Feb '08) Jun '17 CountyPhart 4
News Is Hanner Mosquera-Perea Headed to the Bench? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mike Williams 1
News Iu Ad Glass lays down the law on misbehaving ba... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Marv 1
News Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Indiana Basketball: Mixed Preseason Predictions... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
More from around the web