I.U. police called to confrontation b...

I.U. police called to confrontation between Crean and player

There are 26 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from May 2, 2008, titled I.U. police called to confrontation between Crean and player. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

Police had to be called to a meeting between a member of the I.U. basketball team and their new head coach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jrs

United States

#1 May 2, 2008
Hey Eli dont let the door hit you in the rear end on the way out.....
Lily

West Manchester, OH

#2 May 2, 2008
Oh, let him go. He is so full of himself is the reason all of this happens. That is why so many athletes get by acting out. They need to be taught how to act in a civilized matter and be taught lessons. THE SPORTS realm has become so UNPROFESSIONAL that it causes the goog ones to look bad.
There is a God

United States

#3 May 2, 2008
Another sign of the breakdown in our culture. Bob Knight fought the breakdown, you threw him out in favor of a more liberal culture. Looks like Creane is bitter medicine. Of course if enough degenerates throw stuff at him you'll throw Creane out too, eventually.
Indy - East

United States

#4 May 2, 2008
with an attitude like that I bet the Pacers would love to have you on there team, are you old enough to carry a gun and to get into the titty bars yet??? Go play with sombody else IMMATURE LITTLE BOY.
macus17

Antioch, IL

#5 May 2, 2008
Let this FOOL go,this ignoramous is not coachable
& he'll be TROUBLE for any coach & team that ends up with him,let him go to the NBA like that no talent Gordon the great BIG 10 scoring leader that was good for only 5 points against Arkansas
when I.U. needed him,these players forget that GOD ALMIGHTY gave them the talent to play basketball & they also forget that GOD givith, & GOD taketh away,but these ungreatfull so called talents probably don't beleave in GOD anyway.
dale

Bloomington, IN

#6 May 2, 2008
oh well if he does not want to play then oh well good bye and good luck
Regular Jo

Lake Mary, FL

#8 May 2, 2008
Let him go, we can get another big man. I don't think there was that much potential there anyway. throwing a planter? Really? I guess it is the NBA or nothing for him. too bad I don't think he has what it takes to make the NBA. I hope he grows up and gets educated he will have a better life.
Jeremy

Indianapolis, IN

#10 May 2, 2008
jrs wrote:
Hey Eli dont let the door hit you in the rear end on the way out.....
Bingo.
whocares

Greenwood, IN

#11 May 2, 2008
Just another "Sampson" protege'!
mac

Chicago, IL

#12 May 2, 2008
this is the calibur of individuals that
make up most of the team in recent years i fear...either in trouble..poor
grades...or volatile..what happen to
some structure in this program...&
THEY CRITIZIED KNIGHT!!! give me a break IU ATHELETIC DEPT..LETS CALL BRAND & get his opinion on the fall &
destruction of IU's basketball program-
a sad discouraged fan
longindy

Indianapolis, IN

#13 May 2, 2008
These comments were extraordinary hateful and ugly. It is too bad this situation has ended this way, but presumably this is just a matter of a young man having some difficult issues in his life and losing control of his emotions for a few moments. I expect it had absolutely nothing to do with race or basketball. Why can't we simply give the kid a break and wish him well.
Whatever

Kendallville, IN

#14 May 2, 2008
Did it ever occur to anyone that the high-strung Mr. Crean might have contributed to the problem with HIS attitude or comments?
Branch

Kenosha, WI

#15 May 2, 2008
whocares wrote:
Just another "Sampson" protege'!
You mean thug?
CORNBREAD

Bloomington, IN

#16 May 2, 2008
W.H.O.C.A.R.E.S.
are you nuts

Muncie, IN

#17 May 2, 2008
Whatever wrote:
Did it ever occur to anyone that the high-strung Mr. Crean might have contributed to the problem with HIS attitude or comments?
This kid was suspended in California for bumping a Ref when he didn't like the call. The only one with an attitude is Eli
twgilles

Chicago, IL

#18 May 2, 2008
I would like to say Bye! Bye! Bye! I am a 2nd semester freshman this fall after being out of school for 32 years and I don't want to go to scholl with As-----es! Hit the Road Jack!!! or should I say Eli!!!!!!!!!!
tlc

Indianapolis, IN

#19 May 2, 2008
how long is the contract for Crean and how much is it? I sense another buy-out in a few years, when is IU going to wise up and fire the staff (A.D) that keeps making these lucrative contracts.. meanwhile I pay increasing tuition costs for my 2 kids to attend IU

Since: Oct 07

Indy

#22 May 2, 2008
tlc wrote:
how long is the contract for Crean and how much is it? I sense another buy-out in a few years, when is IU going to wise up and fire the staff (A.D) that keeps making these lucrative contracts.. meanwhile I pay increasing tuition costs for my 2 kids to attend IU
A player goes off on a coach and it's the coach's fault? How do you figure that?
McGinte

United States

#23 May 2, 2008
BOILER UP!
Captaink

Columbus, IN

#24 May 2, 2008
Let`s hope coach Crean now concentrates on recruiting the talent we have here in Indiana. Program has had enough of these ghetto thugs. Goodbye Eli, and take Basset and Ellis with you, we hardly knew ya, or really wanted to. As for McGinte and BOILER UP, whats that, some kind of drink for sissies?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tarrant County Constable Precinct 8 Democrats (Feb '08) Jun '17 CountyPhart 4
News Is Hanner Mosquera-Perea Headed to the Bench? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mike Williams 1
News Iu Ad Glass lays down the law on misbehaving ba... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Marv 1
News Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Indiana Basketball: Mixed Preseason Predictions... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
More from around the web