IU won't say if Ellis will play

IU won't say if Ellis will play

There are 318 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 11, 2008, titled IU won't say if Ellis will play. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Dreyer & Reinbold Infiniti Great Lease Offers on the Infiniti FX35, G35x AWD and M35x AWD.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Don Fisher

Yeoman, IN

#308 Mar 13, 2008
Oh my God,Northwestern is going to back door us more times than Spitzer does Cinnamon at the Mayflower.

When will this nightmare end?

Northwestern 69 - iu 40
Don Fisher

Yeoman, IN

#309 Mar 13, 2008
Buckner wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not JDK4781.. He and I work at the same place and are on the same forum.. He was just using my comp while his was updated.
They caught you,fess up. I'm actually a Purdue fan. We all know this is a bad time for you now. Your shrink is doing the best he can. Were you in that movie "The three faces of Eve"? How about "Psycho"? Maybe it was "One flew over the Coo coo's nest".

I seriously hope you get the help you need

.....before next season.
StillA500Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#310 Mar 13, 2008
Dear JDK,
Please stop making an A S S out of yourself. You are giving all IU fans a bad name. You are just egging the Boiler fans on. Instead of reading good, factual, educated opinions and statements on here, we all have to read a bunch of grade schoolers go back and forth about being on a "buddies computer". Shut your A S S up, go back to work, get your head out of your rear end and bring educated comments. If you can't tell, they are laying into you because you sound (and probably are a j******.
Sincerely,
Every IU fan that doesn't want to be lumped in with you
JDK4781 wrote:
Its sad that Purdue fans have nothing else to do except post discussion on IU forums.. Sad that they relish more in IU failure than they do having a good team.
Fell Down Funked Up

Broomfield, CO

#311 Mar 13, 2008
Neither IU nor Purdue has a snowball's chance in hell of defeating Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, or UCLA in the tourney. Frankly, I'm hard pressed to think of any school outside of Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, or UCLA that will be cutting down the nets in San Antonio. So, go on, Hoosiers, argue over the purity of basketball the way it was played in the 1950's. It won't matter, because the real basketball players don't play here anymore.
JackM

Los Angeles, CA

#312 Mar 13, 2008
Wow! 300+ comments about Ellis playing or not. Well - not all were about Ellis. But, I could only stomach about 50 comments by the 12-year-olds who were spouting their moronic comments. Were there any intelligent comments made by the REAL fansafter #100? Sad - really sad.
StillA500Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#313 Mar 13, 2008
I'll go with you on three of the four. But Duke, really? I will admit that I hav only watched a couple of the Dukies games this year. With that being said they are a chuck and duck team if I have ever seen one. I am an IU fan. Do I think IU has a snowballs chance in hell, absolutely not. WIth that being said, a team like Purdue that D's up in your face and plays hard just like Duke does (that IS how they win) has a great chance of beating Duke in the tournament. When Duke goes down to a 4 or 5 seed (such as Purdue or Butler could be) I will point you back to this post.
Fell Down Funked Up wrote:
Neither IU nor Purdue has a snowball's chance in hell of defeating Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, or UCLA in the tourney. Frankly, I'm hard pressed to think of any school outside of Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, or UCLA that will be cutting down the nets in San Antonio. So, go on, Hoosiers, argue over the purity of basketball the way it was played in the 1950's. It won't matter, because the real basketball players don't play here anymore.
Fell Down Funked Up

Broomfield, CO

#314 Mar 13, 2008
StillA500Fan wrote:
I'll go with you on three of the four. But Duke, really? I will admit that I hav only watched a couple of the Dukies games this year. With that being said they are a chuck and duck team if I have ever seen one. I am an IU fan. Do I think IU has a snowballs chance in hell, absolutely not. WIth that being said, a team like Purdue that D's up in your face and plays hard just like Duke does (that IS how they win) has a great chance of beating Duke in the tournament. When Duke goes down to a 4 or 5 seed (such as Purdue or Butler could be) I will point you back to this post.
<quoted text>
I don't necessarily think Duke will win it all, but I have a gut feeling they'll be in the Final Four again. They shoot the ball awfully well, better than Butler in my opinion. Much like Butler, they don't have much of an inside game.

Either way, none of the Indiana teams are going to make it past the Sweet 16. They simply don't have the horses. If you look through the past seven or so national champs, most of them have multiple NBA 1st round draft picks on the roster. So, while idealizing team ball and 1960's motion offenses sounds cool and all, to win in the NCAA tourney you have to have speed and athleticism.
doubter

Odon, IN

#315 Mar 14, 2008
Redman wrote:
and can't play a lick of defense. I guess not playing defense will make him a decent pro player.
I guess this is where the peyote kicked in? Much of the rest of what you say is true, although I would not compare Jeffries to Wright, but you must be trippin not to notice the D EJ can play.
doubter

Odon, IN

#316 Mar 14, 2008
yawn wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to play a rematch in W. Laf.?
You know as well as everyone that the "home" court in that series is worth 10+ points to the home team.
So, get off this high-horse of "we won / you lost".
As an IU alum. I can honestly say that Purdue does a much better job of representing the State of Indiana than IU has in recent years.
Hopefully that will change sometime in the near future and I can take my diploma out of the drawer.
In the meantime, Go Butler!
Yawn, indeed. 10+ points is it? Convenient number you pulled out of your...um...

In the meantime and beyond, stick with Butler. You can go with them to their NCAA Graves.:rolleyes:
Boiler Down

Brownsburg, IN

#317 Mar 14, 2008
Boiler UP wrote:
JDK4781,
You can spout all the numbers and banners till your sick. It simply doesn't matter to anyone outside of IU fans. Sure, historians know IU has had success in the tournament but that is of little RELEVANCE to PURDUE fans. What you think is "Fodder for envy" (yack) is simply stats to stroke yourself with.
Stroke yourself with this stat:
107+ to 77+ PURDUE
You may be better than other teams you play, but not PURDUE. You want history, this is the only one that matters. When you pass us head to head, come talk about "envy"....ridiculous .
Now I don't know which is more laughable; the fact that you think Purdue fans have envy or the fact that you have the ability to spout out irrelevent IU "Hero" lists on a whim.
You are so right. If I am a high school basketball player I am much more concerned with the record of one team vs another team than whether they have a track record of making it to the final four. Please feel free to include PU's record against all other schools to make yourself feel better. Because which team won in the 50's relates so much to now. On the other hand, the last time PU made it to a Final Four was when? 1980? Seems like just yesterday. I am sure that is a big drawing card.
actually

Elwood, IN

#318 Mar 14, 2008
Boiler Down wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right. If I am a high school basketball player I am much more concerned with the record of one team vs another team than whether they have a track record of making it to the final four. Please feel free to include PU's record against all other schools to make yourself feel better. Because which team won in the 50's relates so much to now. On the other hand, the last time PU made it to a Final Four was when? 1980? Seems like just yesterday. I am sure that is a big drawing card.
Right now I would think that high school kids would be concerned with where the program is headed in the near future during which they would be playing. Purdue obviously is the upper choice after the debacle going on at IU. Recruits that are allowed are jumping ship, it will be tough to find a good, honest coach to step up considering they couldn't find one 2 years ago, players that can will flee after this year. But you are right, banners that hang in Assembly Hall from before the time high-schoolers were born will probably draw them to IU really soon.
doubter

Odon, IN

#319 Mar 14, 2008
Banners Rule wrote:
<quoted text>
Bassett and Crawford suspensions (for failing drug test)
Since you asked for a link, I will ask for one in return. Do you have any proof of the reasons for their suspensions?

The "rumors" I heard was that Bassett had blown off a class or two and was late for practice. Ellis was being Ellis, and Dakich suspended him for his crappy attitude.

Prove me wrong, PUke.
doubter

Odon, IN

#320 Mar 14, 2008
Boiler UP wrote:
JDK4781,
You can spout all the numbers and banners till your sick. It simply doesn't matter to anyone outside of IU fans. Sure, historians know IU has had success in the tournament but that is of little RELEVANCE to PURDUE fans.
Of course it is of little RELEVANCE to PUKES. You PUkes have never won an NCAA championship, so you have no idea what it feels like.

Boink!
Elvan

AOL

#321 Mar 14, 2008
Recruits that are allowed are jumping ship, it will be tough to find a good, honest coach to step up considering they couldn't find one 2 years ago, >>actually

From what I read, they didn't look for one two years ago. Herbert and Greenspan had decided on Scofflaw, and so it was. How can the trustees at IU let Greenspan be involved in the search for a new coach? Greenspan should be dismissed....without a huge severance package!
doubter

Odon, IN

#322 Mar 14, 2008
Don Fisher wrote:
<quoted text>
And,he and John NEVER,I repeat NEVER cheated,or had to cheat to achieve those lofty goals.
Go Boilers!
In the strictest sense of the words, you are correct, but only in the strictest sense.

You have conveniently forgotten Sam Gilbert and all of the "incentives" players were given to come play for Mr. Pyramid?

True, you cannot take anything away from Wooden's coaching of all of those star players...he knew how to keep them all happy. Send 'em to Sam, but don't let John know anything about it. RRiiigggghhhhhttttt.

Circular logic at its PUke best
Banners Rule Nothing

Sterling Heights, MI

#323 Mar 14, 2008
doubter wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you asked for a link, I will ask for one in return. Do you have any proof of the reasons for their suspensions?
The "rumors" I heard was that Bassett had blown off a class or two and was late for practice. Ellis was being Ellis, and Dakich suspended him for his crappy attitude.
Prove me wrong, PUke.
Don't know what a PUke is, but here's the link.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7831220/Sa...

"In addition, FOXSports.com was told that there are issues involving the holdovers. Bassett and Crawford both received three-game suspensions earlier this season after failing drug tests."
So, I guess the next step for you is to go ask FOXSports.com to prove you wrong. And when they do, you can just say "oh ya? well we got 5 banners! what you got?"
Glad you are a boiler

United States

#324 Mar 14, 2008
Banners Rule Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know what a PUke is, but here's the link.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7831220/Sa...
"In addition, FOXSports.com was told that there are issues involving the holdovers. Bassett and Crawford both received three-game suspensions earlier this season after failing drug tests."
So, I guess the next step for you is to go ask FOXSports.com to prove you wrong. And when they do, you can just say "oh ya? well we got 5 banners! what you got?"
Just curious, what exactly do you mean that "banners rule nothing"?
StillA500Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#325 Mar 14, 2008
Yeah that has rung true the last few years. My point is that Purdue and Duke are not to far apart as far as style of play and talent. Yeah I know they got the "five star recruits". With that being said, I would argue that Purdue has the better freshman. That could ultimately be Purdue's downfall though. I guess never count out Coach K. Hell, if you have a court and a campground named after you (while you are still coaching), you should never be counted out.
Fell Down Funked Up wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't necessarily think Duke will win it all, but I have a gut feeling they'll be in the Final Four again. They shoot the ball awfully well, better than Butler in my opinion. Much like Butler, they don't have much of an inside game.
Either way, none of the Indiana teams are going to make it past the Sweet 16. They simply don't have the horses. If you look through the past seven or so national champs, most of them have multiple NBA 1st round draft picks on the roster. So, while idealizing team ball and 1960's motion offenses sounds cool and all, to win in the NCAA tourney you have to have speed and athleticism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Hanner Mosquera-Perea Headed to the Bench? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mike Williams 1
News Iu Ad Glass lays down the law on misbehaving ba... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Marv 1
News Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Indiana Basketball: Mixed Preseason Predictions... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Sheehey To Begin Professional Career in Europe (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
More from around the web