IU won't say if Ellis will play

IU won't say if Ellis will play

There are 318 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 11, 2008, titled IU won't say if Ellis will play. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Dreyer & Reinbold Infiniti Great Lease Offers on the Infiniti FX35, G35x AWD and M35x AWD.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Prof DK

Athens, OH

#1 Mar 12, 2008
discipline....good for Coach.
The Hoosier Prophet

Dayton, OH

#2 Mar 12, 2008
This team is a complete joke. Until the university cleans house from the AD on down IU is destined to be the bottom dweller of the Big Ten in both football and basketball.

Delusional IU fans have no clue how far they are going to see these programs fall. The funny thing is you Mr Hutchens are as out of touch as those fans.
Greg Popovich

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Mar 12, 2008
Coach Sampson sends his best.
hoos got the weed

Plainfield, IN

#4 Mar 12, 2008
Do you think Ellis, Crawford and Bassett have been hang’in with Mary Ann?
Franklin

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Mar 12, 2008
hoos got the weed wrote:
Do you think Ellis, Crawford and Bassett have been hang’in with Mary Ann?
Does Mary Jane have a new name?
Slim

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Mar 12, 2008
Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Mary Jane have a new name?
Mary Ann (69 years old) from Gilligan's Island just got busted for Mary Jane. Read the news!!!
Carson Lies

Palo Alto, CA

#7 Mar 12, 2008
Just like February... we have no representation in congress.

For the 54% in the 7th district -- thanks for not looking at the issues -- only the name
Air-One

Ingalls, IN

#9 Mar 12, 2008
Carson Lies wrote:
Just like February... we have no representation in congress.
For the 54% in the 7th district -- thanks for not looking at the issues -- only the name
I think your Post was entered for the wrong article or you might need another cup of coffee.
wish upon a star

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Mar 12, 2008
Gordon should take advise from DJ White.
Dumbest Comment Ever

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Mar 12, 2008
Mowgli wrote:
"...Hummel and Martin will be little more than role players in college, guys who will struggle to ever average double figures. I know they both have a lot of hype surrounding them but good high school players do not always translate to good college players. From what I've been told, Hummel and Martin are kids who need a lot of really good players around them for them to shine. Moore will help in that regard, but Purdue needs a couple of others, too."
Okay this quote is getting old. At least post on a page that it belongs on. And, if I'm not mistaken, Hummel and Martin do have a couple others contributing to Purdue's success. I doubt if Moore, Johnson, Crump, Grant, Kramer, etc. weren't on Purdue, then the quote would be dead on balls accurate.
Tom

Jackson, TN

#13 Mar 12, 2008
The Hoosier Prophet wrote:
This team is a complete joke. Until the university cleans house from the AD on down IU is destined to be the bottom dweller of the Big Ten in both football and basketball.
Delusional IU fans have no clue how far they are going to see these programs fall. The funny thing is you Mr Hutchens are as out of touch as those fans.
Another pU fan in hiding! But agree it would be a good time for Greenspan to move on.
Tom

Jackson, TN

#14 Mar 12, 2008
Mowgli wrote:
"...Hummel and Martin will be little more than role players in college, guys who will struggle to ever average double figures. I know they both have a lot of hype surrounding them but good high school players do not always translate to good college players. From what I've been told, Hummel and Martin are kids who need a lot of really good players around them for them to shine. Moore will help in that regard, but Purdue needs a couple of others, too."
What does this have to do with IU. Go post on a pU site.
Former Indiana Student

West Lafayette, IN

#15 Mar 12, 2008
Boy, is Indiana out of touch. First Miles Brand persecutes Bob Knight for a few minor incidents, then Simon and Bird bemoan the Pacers having a little late-night fun, now Dakich expects teenagers to have discipline. Get with the real world, Hoosiers, these are Stars in the World of Sport and they HAVE NO RULES.

I'll bet some of you are out there thinking, "Tony Stewart would be winning races if he got a shave and a haircut like Mark Martin." So very twentieth century.
Air-One

Ingalls, IN

#16 Mar 12, 2008
I think one of the problems is that we need to start recruiting kids that really want to play for IU. Let's go after kids that value an education as well as playing basketball. Maybe we can keep those kids around for 4 years.
Hopefully, Greenspan will look hard at the next coach that is hired and bring back the tradition that IU once had.
Purdue Fan alum

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Mar 12, 2008
Greg Popovich wrote:
Coach Sampson sends his best.
Get over it
toxicprof

Briarcliff Manor, NY

#18 Mar 12, 2008
"I'll talk with my family, and some of it will be based on how we do this year." --Eric Gordon

Translation: If we exit early and my stock falls far enough that I could be drafted by the Pacers, I will return for my sophomore year.
Observer

Mosherville, MI

#19 Mar 12, 2008
Air-One wrote:
I think one of the problems is that we need to start recruiting kids that really want to play for IU. Let's go after kids that value an education as well as playing basketball. Maybe we can keep those kids around for 4 years.
Hopefully, Greenspan will look hard at the next coach that is hired and bring back the tradition that IU once had.
Let's hope Greenspan is gone and a new AD will help make that decision.
fan

AOL

#20 Mar 12, 2008
I hope he goes pro.What a joke.I wouldn1t pay money to see him play.No team player.ME ME ME.
Redhat60

Melrose Park, IL

#21 Mar 12, 2008
Why is Greenspan still the AD? Why hasn't he been fired? Are we going to let him pick another head coach in basketball? I don't think so!
toxicprof

Briarcliff Manor, NY

#22 Mar 12, 2008
The Hoosier Prophet wrote:
This team is a complete joke. "
I fail to see how a team that is 25-6 after a year of serious distractions can be considered a "complete joke." At most they would be a quip or a subtle irony.

Your comment on the other hand is a certified pie-in-the-face!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Hanner Mosquera-Perea Headed to the Bench? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mike Williams 1
News Iu Ad Glass lays down the law on misbehaving ba... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Marv 1
News Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Indiana Basketball: Mixed Preseason Predictions... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Sheehey To Begin Professional Career in Europe (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
More from around the web