Going Pro - Tonight on News 8 at 11 p.m.

Going Pro - Tonight on News 8 at 11 p.m.

There are 49 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Apr 28, 2008, titled Going Pro - Tonight on News 8 at 11 p.m.. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

One of Indiana's brightest basketball stars talks with 24-Hour News 8's Anthony Calhoun in an exclusive interview.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dshoosier

Tulsa, OK

#2 Apr 28, 2008
abc wrote:
Eric Gordon Sucks
NO ONE LIKES purdue
James Thorpe

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Apr 28, 2008
i am in love with eric gordon
Dee

Troy, MI

#4 Apr 29, 2008
I really like Eric Gordon and I hope he has a great career in the NBA. It's too bad his year at IU ended so badly.
FiveNationalChan pionships

United States

#6 Apr 29, 2008
The Illini? The lies? He wanted to play for IU, a real basketball school, a powerhouse,......."becaus e it's Indiana". He came very close to making what could have been the worst decision in his basketball history. Thank goodness he changed his mind. Anything, would be better than playing for Weber, where they love to complain, where they got no game, try to find the blame, out there in them cornfields of Urbana-Champaign.
chisler

Green Bay, WI

#7 Apr 29, 2008
sck rj wrote:
Poor little Eric...what a victim.
Maybe in part 2 of the interview they will discuss he and his father's 6 months worth of lies to the Illinois coaches.
I won't hold my breath.
Come on. Get over the Illinois thing already. But, even if you can't let it go, you will soon be able to appreciate how much of a bust Eric Gordon will be in the NBA. He can't dribble so how will he be able to create shots going to the basket against athletes three times the caliber he faced at IU??? Won't it be interesting to see how he is able to get his shot off, assumably playing the two guard, against a defender that will usually be three to four inches taller, more athletic, faster and just as strong as he?

I would rather have to listen to more continuos nonsense about Danica Patrick than stomach the ridiculous garbage about a barely better than average Eric Gordon.
chris

United States

#8 Apr 29, 2008
Chisler....

I hope that crow tastes good in a few seasons... Probably will taste a lot like your foot.
TexasHoosier

Dallas, TX

#9 Apr 29, 2008
This guy completely checked out when KS was dismissed. His performance was beyond awful at the end of the season–which the stats indicate–and it was a disgrace that he let down his University by letting the circumstances affect his play as much as it did. Bad things happened, you have to move on and play your best and it was clear that did not happen in this case. DJ was the only guy on that team still playing for something at the end (namely, pride).
Bucks

Carmel, IN

#10 Apr 29, 2008
FiveNationalChanpionships wrote:
The Illini? The lies? He wanted to play for IU, a real basketball school, a powerhouse,......."becaus e it's Indiana". He came very close to making what could have been the worst decision in his basketball history. Thank goodness he changed his mind. Anything, would be better than playing for Weber, where they love to complain, where they got no game, try to find the blame, out there in them cornfields of Urbana-Champaign.
Yeah, because his tenure at IU ended up so well-

-Coach fired before the end of season...check
-Team collapsed in postseason play...check
-Impending sanctions from NCAA...check
-Draft stock dropping like a rock...check

Everything looks dandy to me.
Scan

Culver City, CA

#11 Apr 29, 2008
He ranked 448th overall in Div. 1 NCAA with his 33% shooting from three point range and only 13th overall in the VERY weak Big 10.

The REAL question to ask him is if his wrist has healed enough to be waving a towel from the end of a bench in Europe!
James Thorpe

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Apr 29, 2008
abc wrote:
Eric Gordon Sucks
He does?
JMS

Middletown, OH

#13 Apr 29, 2008
I'm tired of hearing about poor Kelvin Sampson. How the team lost direction "because of what happened to Sampson." Sampson's not a victim...the guy cheated! And he got paid extra for it.

I'll lose all respect for Scott Skiles if he hires him.
KHIU77

Kalamazoo, MI

#14 Apr 29, 2008
OK Just Go, OK
Clean start with Crean

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Apr 29, 2008
Anthony Calhoun, give it a rest. Stop treating Gordon, as the secong coming of the Messiah! Anyone who watched how Gordon handled the situation at IU, can see that he is a quitter. What happens IF he goes to NBA & a coach is fired 4 weeks into the season, will Gordon fold up his little pup tent again!!! I agree with "Scan", and I hope Eric has fun passing out the gatorade to the players working up a sweat!!!!!!!
gocolts

Carmel, IN

#16 Apr 29, 2008
Why is there so much negativity towards this kid. Although his stats were not as good at the end of the year, he still played with a lot of effort. I was always impressed with his demeanor and politeness. I've met the kid a couple of times, and he always was friendly and almost shy....Let's hope that he has a great career in the NBA and represents the state of Indiana well
Hoosier Fan

New York, NY

#17 Apr 29, 2008
"I was always impressed with his demeanor and politeness."
Did he ever have a foul called on him where he didn't whine and make an ass out of himself afterwards?
nottaericfan

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Apr 29, 2008
Hoosier Fan wrote:
"I was always impressed with his demeanor and politeness."
Did he ever have a foul called on him where he didn't whine and make an ass out of himself afterwards?
He whined and pouted all through high school too, every foul called on him and any time he wasn't hogging the ball.
Mike Lovelace Columbus

Bloomington, IN

#21 Apr 29, 2008
Mr Gordan is not famous,Why waste your time on this interview ?
Bret

Heltonville, IN

#22 Apr 29, 2008
Heck, IU is glad to see him leave for the NBA. Now we have a chance to actually build a "team". For the first time in my life I was jealous of Purdue and how good of a "team" they were. Last year could of been a banner year, but when Sampson left the rest of our games looked like pick up games you find at the HPER.
hepeden

United States

#23 Apr 29, 2008
I saw the "lost look" in Eric's eyes on tv. Honestly, I think the young man has some growing up to do; and, unfortunately, he has thrust himself into the NBA without meeting and finishing this "growing up" process. Whatever happened to putting academics before the almighty dollar!?!?!? The NBA career is but a portion of life. Education carries one well beyond the NBA. The NCAA should commission Bobby Knight to write a book on his philosophy in this area, and it should be required reading for all college freshman basketball players, and their possibly over-zealous parents.
MPmike

Springfield, IL

#24 Apr 29, 2008
abc wrote:
Eric Gordon Sucks
Another PUke fan. Envy kills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Hanner Mosquera-Perea Headed to the Bench? Jan '15 Mike Williams 1
News Iu Ad Glass lays down the law on misbehaving ba... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Marv 1
News Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Indiana Basketball: Mixed Preseason Predictions... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Sheehey To Begin Professional Career in Europe (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
More from around the web