Widow recalls Hoeppner's faith

Widow recalls Hoeppner's faith

There are 13 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 6, 2008, titled Widow recalls Hoeppner's faith. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Jane Hoeppner, wife of the late Indiana University football coach Terry Hoeppner, said today her husband's faith and determination served to inspire others.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Aim High

Palo Alto, CA

#1 Mar 6, 2008
Great lady!!!!
Brownsburger 2

New York, NY

#2 Mar 6, 2008
Amazing grace personified in a woman of faith.
If you ever have the chance, listen to her story!
Unbelievable

United States

#3 Mar 6, 2008
What a wonderful person she is for sharing her story. Indiana should be very proud to call her one of their own.

Bless you, Mrs. Hoeppner
Santa and Easter Bunny

Portsmouth, NH

#7 Mar 6, 2008
Smarter Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true...so please don't push your "there is no God" fantasy world on those of us who know better.
There's a reason why our species can only get so far in terms of knowledge about us, the universe, and our place in it. That limit is set by reproduction of the dim-witted such as yourself. Go on believing in elves or unicorns, spaghetti monsters or whatever other made up stories you think have the time and desire to get you to and from work safely every day; it doesn't effect me. But know that you are less meaningful than the average rat, because rats don't need to invent concepts to supress their own fear.
Beth

Greenwood, IN

#8 Mar 6, 2008
Santa and Easter Bunny wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a reason why our species can only get so far in terms of knowledge about us, the universe, and our place in it. That limit is set by reproduction of the dim-witted such as yourself. Go on believing in elves or unicorns, spaghetti monsters or whatever other made up stories you think have the time and desire to get you to and from work safely every day; it doesn't effect me. But know that you are less meaningful than the average rat, because rats don't need to invent concepts to supress their own fear.
How very intelligent you are and how much you feel to share your knowledge with us; however, check out the use of "effect" when you should have used "affect" one is a verb the other a noun! Haaaaaa You just blew your credibility!
Beth

Greenwood, IN

#9 Mar 6, 2008
My sister worked with Coach Hep his last year at IU for her master's program. He brought so much sanity and integrity to the program.
He brought a fresh perspective and instilled a drive and a chance to dream and see goals fulfilled.
She was honored to have known him.
Thank you Mrs. Hoeppner for sharing your amazing story with us today. You are an inspiration and a great example for those of us who have not been married as long as you were, but now know what a great marriage should look and feel like.

God bless you and your amazing family.
The Commissioner

Rockford, IL

#11 Mar 6, 2008
bill cook wrote:
wow move on he is dead
Thanks for your worthwhile contributions.
faithful

Portage, IN

#12 Mar 6, 2008
I feel bad for her and her family, but relying on fairy tales to get you through your day is not the answer, nor is pushing fantasy on others.
I am well aware that nothing that I will type here will convince you to reconsider your "fantasy" slam. However, do you really feel that every single person who has real faith is worthless or stupid? Have you ever considered exploring the Bible for yourself and doing a little research? If you pride yourself on being an intelligent person, don't you ever examine and test beliefs on your own? Or do you prefer to blindly have faith that the Bible is a fairy tale meant to pacify the weak-minded and the hopeless. I wonder if you have met people who claim to have faith, or perhaps have a genuine faith that you dislike or have no respect for. However, condemnation of faith based on a person you know versus the God that you don't seems short-sighted and lazy. People can and will fail tests, but God is more than willing for you to "take Him on". Go for it...it is too important to dismiss w/o a genuine exploration. Good luck to you.
teacher

Avon, IN

#13 Mar 6, 2008
I agree with Faithful.
outsider

Kokomo, IN

#14 Mar 6, 2008
I feel bad for her and her family, but relying on fairy tales to get you through your day is not the answer, nor is pushing fantasy on others.
if you know what the answer is not, you must know what the answer is..........or even the question

please, do tell

these heoppner folks are folks i would want in the fox holes of life with me.......we bet our lives on the same things..........
Rural Resident

Park Forest, IL

#15 Mar 6, 2008
Thank you to "Mrs. Hep" for allowing us to share "The Coach" with her. The Hoeppners (were) are refreshing people with a passion that extends far beyond football. They taught students and fans how to live, love and die with dignity. Coach Hep had an exuberance that will live on in the minds and hearts of those who knew him.

Our world needs more "Mrs. Heps", Judy O'Bannons and other such wonderful people who can see beyond their own grief to help others with everyday struggles. God Bless!- yes, I said GOD BLESS!!
Hoosierwynn

Flagstaff, AZ

#16 Mar 6, 2008
Even tho I live in Flagstaff Arizona......I felt every bit of the pain that the Hoeppners went thru follolwing the Hoosiers to their goal of playing 13....I bought at least 20 of the HEP books which show what a great family and tribute they have been to the Hoosier Nation
Kirk Gould

Scottsdale, AZ

#17 Mar 6, 2008
I did not know he was a Christian man, but I see how his team responded to him. They seemed to sense he had something real to play for. I am thankful his wife's faith is helping her now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tarrant County Constable Precinct 8 Democrats (Feb '08) Jun '17 CountyPhart 4
News Is Hanner Mosquera-Perea Headed to the Bench? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mike Williams 1
News Iu Ad Glass lays down the law on misbehaving ba... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Marv 1
News Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Indiana Basketball: Mixed Preseason Predictions... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
More from around the web