Purdue's Moore settles in, heats up

E'Twaun Moore acknowledged he probably was trying to do too much too soon. Ball State at Purdue * When: 7 p.m. * TV: Big Ten Network. Full Story
Lets go Hoosiers

United States

#1 Dec 5, 2007
PU should destroy Ball St. tonight.

Nice time for PU to pick up a Ball St. team in shambles.
BOILERBRETT

Bensenville, IL

#3 Dec 5, 2007
I THINK WHEN ITS ALL SAID AND DONE , E'TWUAN WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST ALL-TIME IN PURDUE HISTORY!
BoilerUP

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Dec 5, 2007
I am really enjoying PU bball this year! I was not expecting much at the beginning of the year because of so many freshman, but I have been able to watch the past two games and it is a lot of fun to watch! I just wish they would take more 3 pointers but their defense is strong and they are doing a great job! Keep up the good work Boilers!! GO PURDUE!
JC after thought

Antioch, IL

#5 Dec 5, 2007
I read this same story yesterday in the Lafayette JC. I wish they would at least start running these stories on the same day...why does the star always have it a day later?

I am excited about this team and they are fun to watch. I also think that Kramer should look to score a little bit more...he has had several good looks at threes this year and has passed them up.
How bout dem Boilers

Springfield, MO

#6 Dec 5, 2007
BoilerUP wrote:
"I am really enjoying PU bball this year!"
Me, too! My expectations were dirt low at the start of the season, and I am really, really happy with the way they've played so far.

They definitely are not one of the better teams in the Big Ten yet, and I expect they will struggle when the non-conference season ends.

Nevertheless, it's been a really fun ride so far and I'm really excited about the future. I was a doubter in painter when he was selected, and have been nothing less than shocked by his success. He's recruited well and done a good job coaching.

If I had to pick one moment to pinpoint his style and why I'm so impressed, it would be the moments after the Clemson loss. God knows that wasn't the final shot he'd drawn up and the kids really fumbled the ending. Was Hummel supposed to throw up an off-balance three? I doubt it. All that matters is ... Matt didn't explode and crush his players ego. He was obviously disappointed but unlike Keady, didn't vent in destructive ways. I respected Keady, but he had a propensity to make a mistake worse.

Kudos to painter and the kids. I'm one happy fan, and these will be remembered as good times in Purdue Basketball.
Nathan

Noblesville, IN

#7 Dec 5, 2007
IU might have an upper hand this year, but Purdue definitely has an advantage over the next few years. We got a glimpse of how bad IU might be in the upcoming years when Eric Gordon went down with the injury. They could barely handle Tennessee State in the second half. And the only players to step up? DJ White and Lance Stemler, who will be gone after this year.

So kudos to Purdue, who will be the best team in the state in the next couple years. Even better than Butler.
Jay W

Pasadena, CA

#8 Dec 5, 2007
God I love the way these men "grind it out on defense." That is Purdue basketball.

The way they play is so unselfish; it is refreshing. Keep making this alum proud, men.
Old Roy

Lexington, KY

#9 Dec 5, 2007
purdon't fans, don't get too excited yet. You will be crying when you have dropped 12 straight in the big ten. Another cream puff tonight.
getreal

Fort Wayne, IN

#11 Dec 5, 2007
Old Roy wrote:
purdon't fans, don't get too excited yet. You will be crying when you have dropped 12 straight in the big ten. Another cream puff tonight.
Do I hear Cellvin Sanctions trying to call Xavier and schedule them again for you loosiers?
Kramer

Pryor, OK

#12 Dec 5, 2007
Is Kramer due to play tonight?
Matt

Collinsville, MS

#13 Dec 5, 2007
2008 - Devin Ebanks.
2009(hopefully)- Lance "Born Ready" Stephenson

That covers your boy through his junior year who, if as good as you all hope him to be, will be in the NBA no later than his junior year.
Nathan wrote:
IU might have an upper hand this year, but Purdue definitely has an advantage over the next few years. We got a glimpse of how bad IU might be in the upcoming years when Eric Gordon went down with the injury. They could barely handle Tennessee State in the second half. And the only players to step up? DJ White and Lance Stemler, who will be gone after this year.
So kudos to Purdue, who will be the best team in the state in the next couple years. Even better than Butler.
BOILERBRETT

Bensenville, IL

#14 Dec 5, 2007
Kramer wrote:
Is Kramer due to play tonight?
HE IS SITTING OUT THIS GAME TO HEAL.BALL STATE IS 0-6 AND WE HAVE MISSOURI AND LOUISVILLE COMING UP.
dave

Carmel, IN

#15 Dec 5, 2007
Matt wrote:
2008 - Devin Ebanks.
2009(hopefully)- Lance "Born Ready" Stephenson
That covers your boy through his junior year who, if as good as you all hope him to be, will be in the NBA no later than his junior year.
<quoted text>
The problem with IU is they build 1 year at a time. They are happy to recruit one year wonders.

Matt is thinking longterm.

But I guess that makes sense when you have a short time coach like sampson you need to only worry about the now, since you cant promise recruits you will be there for 2 - 3 years.
Gene K Dee

Columbus, OH

#16 Dec 5, 2007
Another HUGE game tonight. Is Ball State a 4A school? Are they in the same conference as Carmel?
I wouldn't walk across the street to see these two teams play! I'll go watch a junior high game and learn much more.
YouSpeakTheTruth

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Dec 5, 2007
Gene K Dee wrote:
I'll go watch a junior high game and learn much more.
I don't doubt that... I'm sure you could learn a lot from Jr. High kids as most of them are far more intelligent than you are.
Woody Boyd

Bloomington, IN

#18 Dec 5, 2007
BOILERBRETT wrote:
I THINK WHEN ITS ALL SAID AND DONE , E'TWUAN WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST ALL-TIME IN PURDUE HISTORY!
****Don't always believe what you THINK!*****
Hoosier mornon

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Dec 5, 2007
Gene K Dee wrote:
"I'll go watch a junior high game and learn much more."
Please do go to junior high, you might learn something!
DemBoilers

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Dec 5, 2007
Old Roy wrote:
"Another cream puff tonight."
hey, Testicle Tech is no slouch. They may not be twelve deep in McDonalds all-Americans like Tennessee Tech, but I was impressed.

First, I am glad Purdue plays the in-state schools. There are times when it's better to schedule a Tennessee State than Butler, but I'd rather foster a rivalry with a local school than a joke for an easy win. Indiana State and Ball State are both fine schools, and I'm glad they're on Purdue's schedule. If it was up to me, they'd be there every year with Butler, Valpo, and Evansville. We'd take our lumps some years, but it would mean more than a fluff win over nowheresville U.

How is this Ball State team 0-7? They were really limited on depth, but they gad some players! The coaching was pretty good, too. They ran out of gas at the end, but they had a few golden moments. The freshman from Maryland was a bright spot.

Ball State has some issues, but they weren't the "program in disarray" mentioned earlier. Yes, they've got some work to do, but they looked good at times tonight. On a neutral court and with more even officiating ... things mights been different.

By the way ... Xavier?
Dawgs

San Francisco, CA

#22 Dec 5, 2007
DemBoilers wrote:
<quoted text>
hey, Testicle Tech is no slouch. They may not be twelve deep in McDonalds all-Americans like Tennessee Tech, but I was impressed.
First, I am glad Purdue plays the in-state schools. There are times when it's better to schedule a Tennessee State than Butler, but I'd rather foster a rivalry with a local school than a joke for an easy win. Indiana State and Ball State are both fine schools, and I'm glad they're on Purdue's schedule. If it was up to me, they'd be there every year with Butler, Valpo, and Evansville. We'd take our lumps some years, but it would mean more than a fluff win over nowheresville U.
How is this Ball State team 0-7? They were really limited on depth, but they gad some players! The coaching was pretty good, too. They ran out of gas at the end, but they had a few golden moments. The freshman from Maryland was a bright spot.
Ball State has some issues, but they weren't the "program in disarray" mentioned earlier. Yes, they've got some work to do, but they looked good at times tonight. On a neutral court and with more even officiating ... things mights been different.
By the way ... Xavier?
You guys are in no way ready to even think about playing Butler this year, next year, or ever. Your so-called big recruiting class is a one hit wonder, and next year you're back to scraping the barrel for 2 star players again.
Old Roy is a butwipe

Springfield, MO

#23 Dec 6, 2007
Dawgs wrote:
"Your so-called big recruiting class is a one hit wonder... "
A one-hit wonder? Like Butwipe? Bulldogs have been a ranked team for how long? a coupla years .. and that runs gonna end soon.

Butler did a great job of grabbing some underrated in-state talent, and they're reaping the rewards. However, the're almost done squeezing all they can get outta that luck, and they're headed back to their rightfull place as a second-class team.

Question: What's the reward for being a successful coach at Butler?

Answer: A better job at a real basketball school.

Sad fact. They're pretenders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana State Sycamores NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iowa to face Indiana State in NIT opener (Mar '13) Mar '13 King Fish 2
Sycamore players thrilled wait is over (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jake Kelly Fan 1
Illinois State loss to Indiana State lowers cha... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Cheech 2
Illinois State loses in OT (Jan '09) Jan '09 Butterflywithsore... 1
Indiana State guard Cole Holmstrom taken aback ... (Jun '08) Dec '08 Lost Program 4
1st game was the best (Dec '07) Nov '08 GUNNER 38
Indiana State loses fifth straight (Feb '08) Feb '08 Old Roy 1
More from around the web