Butler basketball returns to Top 25

Butler basketball returns to Top 25

There are 15 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 12, 2007, titled Butler basketball returns to Top 25. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

It didn't take long -- one week -- for Butler to return to The Associated Press Top 25 in college basketball.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Hot Diggity Dog

Louisville, KY

#1 Nov 12, 2007
Go Butler!
Rooting for the Hoosiers too...good to see local teams doing well.
Alumni

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Nov 12, 2007
GO BULLDOGS!
Bob Nite

Westerville, OH

#3 Nov 12, 2007
Does anyone know where Purdue is rated?
Ben

Lafayette, IN

#4 Nov 12, 2007
Well, Purdue's top two scorers graduated, so they obviously weren't ranked despite their top flight recruiting class. But just be patient, they'll get better every year for at least the next 3 years.

But enough fighting against those morons (Bob Nite, and all those people similar to him... there's gotta be hundreds of them on these boards, it seems). This article is talking about the Bulldogs! One comment that I feel like making about them: they lost their coach, but the replacement is from their system. Now, this doesn't necessarily indicate future success at most schools. However, this particular system has carved out a niche reputation that should help them keep recruiting the kinds of players that this stacked team already has! Undersized, shoot-the-lights-out, hard working players are surely taking note of how well they would be utilized at Butler. I'm looking forward to great success this year, along with (possibly after a year or two to reload) more in the future!

Go Butler!
iSU student

United States

#5 Nov 12, 2007
GO SYCAMORES!!!!!!!!!!
Mr Whipple

United States

#6 Nov 12, 2007
Hey, great job beating Ball State -- a program spiraling downward so fast it couldn't get out of the Muncie sectional this season. "Oh, but we beat IU and played real good againt Florida in the tourney!" Good little mid-major. Now take your Nerf and go home.
Dear Mr Wipple

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Nov 12, 2007
Dear Mr Wipple (aka, IU fan):
Keep drinking your cream-and-crimson kool-aid and get over yourself. Sounds like you can't handle the simple fact that the Butler program has had MUCH more success than your beloved cheatin' hoosiers over the past few years.
1994 DAWG

Newport, KY

#8 Nov 12, 2007
GO DAWGS!!! Nice to see you get some respect and in the Top 25!!
Bball Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Nov 12, 2007
Great to see the Indiana teams moving up! Hopefully Purdue can get up there soon and we can have 3 schools representing the state of Indiana in the top 25 of college hoops. Good to see all of the in-state schools working to put Indiana basketball back on the map.

GO DAWGS!!!
not a fan

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Nov 12, 2007
Perhaps the new coach can clean up the off court behavior that cost them a 7 foot center
Sycamore Sam

Milford, OH

#11 Nov 12, 2007
Too bad it will all be irrelevant after the Sycamores destroy Butler next week. Just like last year.
tynisa

Brunswick, GA

#12 Nov 13, 2007
i need help
nope

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Nov 13, 2007
not a fan wrote:
Perhaps the new coach can clean up the off court behavior that cost them a 7 foot center
What on earth are you talking about?
IndyDawg

Nashville, TN

#14 Nov 13, 2007
Nice to see the recognition, but now we need to take care of business to stay there. Whipple, I guess Sweet 16 berths don't mean much, huh? Way to go, Dogs...
Dawg Father

Montvale, NJ

#15 Nov 14, 2007
Nice showing ISU, I see that this year you didn't resort to poking Graves in the eye to get a win.

And Not a fan: the 7-foot center wasn't any good, with BU or WVU. What decent center thinks he should be shooting 3's all day?? His offcourt problems were just an indication of the fact that he is a moron and belonged with other idiots in the wonderful state of West Virginia, not a reflection on Butler Basketball as a whole.

Glad to see BU in the top 25, looking forward to when OSU comes to town as Matta's favor to the program that jumpstarted his career.

Go Dawgs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana State Sycamores NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iowa to face Indiana State in NIT opener (Mar '13) Mar '13 King Fish 2
News Sycamore players thrilled wait is over (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jake Kelly Fan 1
News Illinois State loss to Indiana State lowers cha... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Cheech 2
News Illinois State loses in OT (Jan '09) Jan '09 Butterflywithsore... 1
News Indiana State guard Cole Holmstrom taken aback ... (Jun '08) Dec '08 Lost Program 4
News 1st game was the best (Dec '07) Nov '08 GUNNER 38
News Indiana State loses fifth straight (Feb '08) Feb '08 Old Roy 1
More from around the web