Hawaii's outlook bleaker after rare l...

Hawaii's outlook bleaker after rare loss to Idaho - Hawaii Sports

There are 42 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Oct 19, 2009, titled Hawaii's outlook bleaker after rare loss to Idaho - Hawaii Sports. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Going in at Idaho, it really did look like a win for Hawaii to me. It appeared the Warriors had some good matchups they could exploit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
AZWarrior

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Oct 19, 2009
Hawaii seems to have forgotten how to win. The leaned on Brennan, got by with Alexander last year, but seem to always be waiting for the other shoe to drop after one mistake this year.
Moniz was outstanding. Very poised, accurate, on top of things. the defense is SLOW.
BAD DOG

AOL

#2 Oct 19, 2009
They are headed for a losing season. They will loose the remainding game but maybe a win against Utah, maybe. Get rid of the head coach and his cast members.
AZWarrior

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Oct 19, 2009
BTW- What the heck was that move by Wright-Jackson? He had momentum going outside (On the fake field goal play) and did a '360' back to the inside. He probably would have made the TD if he kept going with his mo.
Barry O

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Oct 19, 2009
I predict a 78-3 blowout by BSU.

UH doesn't have a player on either side of the ball who can make plays.

3 weeks in a row the UH defense can't stop the run?! That's not just on the players, that's on the pathetic coaching staff too.

BCS rankings just came out and look to Boise to CRUSH the "warriors" to climb the poll.
Tony Santos

Salem, OR

#5 Oct 19, 2009
Boise State will do some serious damage to UH. I concur that the score will be a blast off to impress the BCS pollsters.
huh

San Diego, CA

#7 Oct 19, 2009
BAD DOG wrote:
They are headed for a losing season. They will loose the remainding game but maybe a win against Utah, maybe. Get rid of the head coach and his cast members.
Utah isn't on the schedule
yep

San Diego, CA

#8 Oct 19, 2009
Tony Santos wrote:
Boise State will do some serious damage to UH. I concur that the score will be a blast off to impress the BCS pollsters.
maybe ... but Boise State will get crushed in their bowl

#4 ranking is way to high
washingtonwarrio r

Mineral, WA

#9 Oct 19, 2009
Did they even have football when you were born? What was your quote? "Idaho is the worst 5-1 team...." Now I guess that they are the worst 6-1 team.
WhatsGoingOn

Honolulu, HI

#10 Oct 19, 2009
Mack Van Oppen
Locoboi -East Side

San Clemente, CA

#11 Oct 19, 2009
Dave-

Your comments is fair.I predicted a 4-9 season with UH wins over Utah St. and New Mexico. I expect this downward trend is going to continue for the next couple of years. Need to get better recruits in all phases of the game-ain't easy seeing what other schools have to offer.
Poi

San Francisco, CA

#12 Oct 19, 2009
Hawaiis fare weather fans will now run for the exits.

Season ticket holders will now have something really important to do on Saturday nights so they "can't" make it to the game.

All the Hawaiian wannabees who sang the song that they have no idea what they are singing, Hawaii Aloha, at the Sugar Bowl will now be silenced. No more singing the song you don't understand just to pretend to be a "Hawaiian" in front of the popoloz and the Haole in Georgia.

Hahahahahhahahahha.

Hawaii fans are funny. All about the identity crisis.
agapito

Pearl City, HI

#13 Oct 19, 2009
poi, well, Hawaii fans aren't like Tennessee's for sure. I mean, the Vols draw 100,000 fans win or lose.

Then again, the games aren't free and there's no law that says people must go to the football games.

Oh, and if Hawaii went 0-13 for three years, I wonder if you would become a "fare" weather fan.
wendell

Milpitas, CA

#14 Oct 19, 2009
Locoboi -East Side wrote:
Dave-
Your comments is fair.I predicted a 4-9 season with UH wins over Utah St. and New Mexico. I expect this downward trend is going to continue for the next couple of years.

Need to get better recruits in all phases of the game-ain't easy seeing what other schools have to offer.
I agree about the trend. I can see calls for caoching changes after next year.

I don't think the current Hawaii coaches are good recruiters. Of course, the fact that Hawaii is geographically isolated makes it harder, not to mention the small athletic budget, when compared to the BCS schools.
million dollar coach

Honolulu, HI

#15 Oct 19, 2009
AZWarrior wrote:
BTW- What the heck was that move by Wright-Jackson? He had momentum going outside (On the fake field goal play) and did a '360' back to the inside. He probably would have made the TD if he kept going with his mo.
You're right! That play along with Moniz's fumble cost us big time. Thought Moniz did a lot of good things though. Bradley getting hurt is a huge loss for UH.
million dollar coach

Honolulu, HI

#16 Oct 19, 2009
Poi wrote:
Hawaiis fare weather fans will now run for the exits.
Season ticket holders will now have something really important to do on Saturday nights so they "can't" make it to the game.
All the Hawaiian wannabees who sang the song that they have no idea what they are singing, Hawaii Aloha, at the Sugar Bowl will now be silenced. No more singing the song you don't understand just to pretend to be a "Hawaiian" in front of the popoloz and the Haole in Georgia.
Hahahahahhahahahha.
Hawaii fans are funny. All about the identity crisis.
Truly Hawaii fans buy season tickets EVERY YEAR and totals nearly 30,000. That's not bad at all! So before you knock the fans, get your facts right.
Poi

San Francisco, CA

#17 Oct 19, 2009
agapito wrote:
Oh, and if Hawaii went 0-13 for three years, I wonder if you would become a "fare" weather fan.
Eh, tanks ah spell check. I went public school maybe.

Oh and I meant Hawaii Ponoi, not Hawaii Aloha although I'm sure they sang that one too and also had no idea what they were singing cuz everybody sing Hawaiian but nobody speak Hawaiian.

Funny?
boinker barker

Honolulu, HI

#18 Oct 19, 2009
Give it 3 more years. By then Manti Te'o will be done with his mission and his heart will change and he'll want to be the man who turns the downtrodden Uh program around.

He will too.
local

Kailua, HI

#19 Oct 19, 2009
It's time to clean house at UH and get rid of the high school coaches, you know who I mean. They can't recruit, nor coach,and panic all through the game. People who watched their practices said the UH defensive coaches do not practice against the run. it shows, all they pratice is throwing the ball.
alice

United States

#20 Oct 19, 2009
TEo has done poorly at USC we are told. No surprise there.
kulafan

Kaneohe, HI

#21 Oct 19, 2009
I'm still going to the game to support the Warriors. It's been a tough year, but that's college football. Some years are good and some years are bad. Moniz will be a star in the future and UH will rise from the ashes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Idaho Vandals NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders UDFA player profile: P Bobby Cowan (May '13) May '13 Trent 4
News Idaho Football| Week 7 Preview: New Mexico Stat... (Oct '11) Oct '11 jerry rodich 1
News Idaho-Boise State: Ita s still a rivalry "If it... (Nov '10) Nov '10 jimmy boy 1
News Aggies weary of Vandals' big-play ability (Oct '10) Oct '10 IDbeetfarmer 7
News Aggies weary of Vandals' big-play ability (Oct '10) Oct '10 MadHatt77 3
News Defense dogs Falcons (Jan '10) Jan '10 Visigoth 1
News Vandal-ish finish: Idaho converts 2-point conve... (Dec '09) Jan '10 Amber C 2
More from around the web