Doom in dome - Hawaii Sports

Doom in dome - Hawaii Sports

There are 52 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Oct 18, 2009, titled Doom in dome - Hawaii Sports. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

MOSCOW, Idaho>> In the fading light of early evening, the Hawaii football team trudged out of the Kibbie Dome and toward the buses to begin a long-night's journey home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
H E Pennypacker

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 18, 2009
We need a major shakeup on the O-Line. I would dump the ENTIRE line (even the over-rated Estes) and start a bunch of underclassmen so that they can get some game experience to prep for next year. Neva gonna happen but...
joe

Hampden, ME

#2 Oct 18, 2009
the foundation has completely crumbled. unfortunately not on the coach. Next week Boise, final score will be ugly. Game will be over by second quarter. This team has no heart and the coach s--ks
from the mainland

Grand Canyon, AZ

#3 Oct 18, 2009
Sorry for the loss Warriors, I guess you will have to settle for the basement in the WAC this year.
On the other hand I don't feel for the coaches that have not done their job this year to even give this team a chance to win.
It all starts with you Mac, your "don't worry" attitude has put the Warriors in this situation.
Mac you are a joke, and really not a head coach, maybe you should try coaching "POP WARNER FOOTBALL" if they will except you.
The AD of the Universtiy is another idiot for even excepting Mac as a head coach.
Yea but

Wailuku, HI

#4 Oct 18, 2009
We have Wahine volleyball!! The senior citizens favorite night out at in Manoa.
Barry O

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Oct 18, 2009
Is it too late to put Coach Mac on furlough?
b yamamoto

Honolulu, HI

#6 Oct 18, 2009
Furlough Sat. maybe. State workers all getting paycuts. He should get paid by the number of games the team wins, and quality of opponents.
Maa

Chesterfield, MO

#7 Oct 18, 2009
Boise State is going to put a serious 'beat down' on the rainbow boyz. I recommend UH should throw in the towel right now to save the pain and humiliation!
Cool Dewd

Pearl City, HI

#8 Oct 18, 2009
UH's play calling was better, but they just can't stop the run. You'd think for $1.2 million a year Mack would come up with something that would work on defense.
He also doesn't seem to inspire the team. Looks like they just go through the motions, no heart.
Barry O

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Oct 18, 2009
Maa wrote:
Boise State is going to put a serious 'beat down' on the rainbow boyz. I recommend UH should throw in the towel right now to save the pain and humiliation!
I recommend everyone bet every last penny they have on Boise State over UH. It's better than investing in the stock market right now.
Barry O

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Oct 18, 2009
Yea but wrote:
We have Wahine volleyball!! The senior citizens favorite night out at in Manoa.
That's true and funny!
OneKanaka

Honolulu, HI

#11 Oct 18, 2009
The problem appears to lie with the offense. If you look at the current standings in the WAC, all of the team with .500 or better have 179 points against. UH has 178 points allowed. But when you look at points for, they fall in the the bottom half.

If the offense can keep them in the game, the defense may have something to play for.
Maa

Chesterfield, MO

#12 Oct 18, 2009
UH pays Mack $1.2 million per season.
BSU pays Coach Pete $870 thousand per season.

Looks like the BSU brain-trust are masters of positive economics and sound investments! They also have that intangible element seldom seen in collegiate coaching ...

LOYALTY!

Anyone remember that fella named JJ?
College Football Fan

Hilo, HI

#13 Oct 18, 2009
I think JoJo Dickson is a HP Baldwin High School grad who played in the Maui Invitational League. I wonder if this is the same one. I think this vandal forced a UH fumble by sacking the quarterback. That's a big play worthy of mention

“Bleed Blue and Orange”

Since: Oct 08

Boise

#14 Oct 18, 2009
HA HA HA HA lolololololol hawaii freakin sucks!!! one hit wonder ahhh you must miss colt. it looks like the rainbows are right back where they belong at the bottom sry pearl necklace i hope u read this all the crap u talk on our forum and you lose to the vandolls lololololol!!!! better get ready 4 NMSU, and USU good luck your gonna need it! GO BRONCOS!!!!
Maa

Chesterfield, MO

#15 Oct 18, 2009
Hey Smurfturf, take your low-rent comments and shove 'em where the sun don't shine!

I was born and raised in Boise. Got my education @ BSU.

Unlike you, I bleed 'genuine' orange and blue.

We don't need (or want) some wantabee clown like you making asses out of BSU fans!

Speak for yourself if you absolutely must. But you sure as h*ll don't speak for the BSU faithful...
Desert Warrior

Mesa, AZ

#16 Oct 18, 2009
Some thoughts...
First, as painful as this season has become, JJ's 2nd season wasn't all that great, either. We need to give Mack a third season to fairly evaluate his performance (recruiting, coaching -- especially the defense).
Second, his $1.2M salary is the going market price for a Div I-A head coach. I'd like to see who would be interested in the job if it "only" paid $870k. Maybe we'd get that former Michigan St coach (John L somebody).
Third, in general, Boise St fans have been classy. Maa appears to fit that mold. SmurfTurd doesn't.
Mana

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Oct 18, 2009
This has to be the worse defense EVER to be honest! Smurfturf shut up The WARRIORS were always one of the teams on top of the WAC along with ur boise team,so i don't know what ur talking about how we belong on the bottom of this conference,last time i can recall being towards the bottom was June Jones first year!You must still be hurt from the Colt brennan years!lol BRONCOS SUCK!P.S. Also your boise defense looked real suspect last week!
alice

United States

#18 Oct 18, 2009
As weak as the WAC is, Mack is way overpaid. This season is over.

“Bleed Blue and Orange”

Since: Oct 08

Boise

#19 Oct 18, 2009
Maa wrote:
Hey Smurfturf, take your low-rent comments and shove 'em where the sun don't shine!
I was born and raised in Boise. Got my education @ BSU.
Unlike you, I bleed 'genuine' orange and blue.
We don't need (or want) some wantabee clown like you making asses out of BSU fans!
Speak for yourself if you absolutely must. But you sure as h*ll don't speak for the BSU faithful...
hey by the way maa whatever that means its bleed blue and orange and if you were a true fan and not some band wagon wannabe you would no that. and i bet you got your coll. ed. from appollo coll. that doesnt mean u went to bsu....
alice

United States

#20 Oct 18, 2009
BSU will toy with the the UH. Their 4th string will play by half time if not sooner. Moniz simply does not have it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Idaho Vandals NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders UDFA player profile: P Bobby Cowan (May '13) May '13 Trent 4
News Idaho Football| Week 7 Preview: New Mexico Stat... (Oct '11) Oct '11 jerry rodich 1
News Idaho-Boise State: Ita s still a rivalry "If it... (Nov '10) Nov '10 jimmy boy 1
News Aggies weary of Vandals' big-play ability (Oct '10) Oct '10 IDbeetfarmer 7
News Aggies weary of Vandals' big-play ability (Oct '10) Oct '10 MadHatt77 3
News Defense dogs Falcons (Jan '10) Jan '10 Visigoth 1
News Vandal-ish finish: Idaho converts 2-point conve... (Dec '09) Jan '10 Amber C 2
More from around the web