Irish survive against short-handed Ho...

Irish survive against short-handed Hornets

There are 26 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 19, 2008, titled Irish survive against short-handed Hornets. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

By the time Cathedral outlasted a spirited effort from undermanned Howe for the 69th City Tournament championship, both teams had reason to feel they had accomplished something significant Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Howe

Maryland Heights, MO

#23 Jan 22, 2008
The Hornets are awesome. Cathedral barely won with all their starters playing at 100% full power while Howe was short handed playing without 6'8" Jordan Manuel.

Jordan Manuel is ranked as the #13 high school player in Indiana - overall - regardless of class - by Bolus High Potential.

Can any 3A team in the state possibly stop this Howe Hornet juggernaut?
ahhh

Louisville, KY

#24 Jan 22, 2008
I didn't say they weren't ready to play, YOU did. You said their morale was down. I said thats on the coaches and the players. It still doesn't matter because Howe has played Cathedral at 100% correct? Can anyone tell me a different result then a 17 point loss? I mean I know i saw that score with Jordan in the lineup. Hey but they might have won the tip off that night.
YouKnowWhat

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Jan 22, 2008
naptown wrote:
an i know everyones gonna argue with this but if howe had been able to have jordan manual play they would have won the game cause they didnt have anyone taller than 6'4" except for him..howe would have won by 10 or more is my guess
Considering Cathedral beat them 100-83 with that kid in the lineup and the game at Howe I think your logic is a bit off.
Bobby Hill

Cincinnati, OH

#26 Jan 23, 2008
Howe wrote:
The Hornets are awesome. Cathedral barely won with all their starters playing at 100% full power while Howe was short handed playing without 6'8" Jordan Manuel.
Jordan Manuel is ranked as the #13 high school player in Indiana - overall - regardless of class - by Bolus High Potential.
Can any 3A team in the state possibly stop this Howe Hornet juggernaut?
Um.... Batesville?
Hornets

Maryland Heights, MO

#27 Jan 23, 2008
Bobby Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.... Batesville?
The same Batesville team who lost to 1A Jac-Cen-Del and barely beat Franklin County 45-42 ???
Bobby Hill

Cincinnati, OH

#28 Jan 24, 2008
Hornets wrote:
<quoted text>
The same Batesville team who lost to 1A Jac-Cen-Del and barely beat Franklin County 45-42 ???
Yeah, they probably lost the jump ball to start the game, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hot shooting lifts Howard over Coppin State 70-60 (Jan '13) Jan '13 COPPIN EAGLE 1
News Colonials regain touch in 2nd half, top the Bison (Jan '10) Jan '10 Concerned 1
News Butler basketball team wins with 3-pointers (Nov '07) Mar '09 MEEE 4
News State college basketball roundup: Navy beats Ho... (Nov '08) Nov '08 rtyh 3
News Howard's dirty work saves Butler (Dec '07) Oct '08 teamwork1 41
News Overtime payoff (Oct '08) Oct '08 Gary 1
News Freshman linebacker playing like a veteran for ... (Sep '08) Sep '08 Sean Brown 3
More from around the web