Six Decades Later, Fisher's Got Game

Full story: Hartford Courant
Bernie Fisher is in his element at Apricots, a restaurant of both elegance and cheer on Route 4. He takes a seat in the pub area and pushes a menu aside, explaining that at this point in his life, time is no ... Full Story
Steve Berson

Carlsbad, CA

#1 Jan 8, 2008
I grew up next door to Bernie Fisher and your article couldn't have been more dead on. He once took me and his daughter Diane to a Harlem Magicians game, introduced me to the Marques Haynes, world's best dribbler and then donned a Magicians uniform and played with the team, which in the 1960's was similar to the Harlem Globetrotters. Bernie did it all, and as an impressionable young kid who played with his kids, he was quiet about his accomplishments, but obviously passionate about UCONN and sports in general. I've lost touch with Bernie, so thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Kyle Fisher

Windsor, CT

#2 Feb 16, 2008
That's my dad!^-^;;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot shooting lifts Howard over Coppin State 70-60 (Jan '13) Jan '13 COPPIN EAGLE 1
Colonials regain touch in 2nd half, top the Bison (Jan '10) Jan '10 Concerned 1
Butler basketball team wins with 3-pointers (Nov '07) Mar '09 MEEE 4
State college basketball roundup: Navy beats Ho... (Nov '08) Nov '08 rtyh 3
Howard's dirty work saves Butler (Dec '07) Oct '08 teamwork1 41
Overtime payoff (Oct '08) Oct '08 Gary 1
Freshman linebacker playing like a veteran for ... (Sep '08) Sep '08 Sean Brown 3

Howard University NCAA People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE