Bulldogs fall 2 back in loss column

Bulldogs fall 2 back in loss column

There are 70 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 18, 2008, titled Bulldogs fall 2 back in loss column. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Don't reserve Hinkle Fieldhouse for the Horizon League basketball tournament yet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
IU Class of 1977

Glendale, AZ

#65 Jan 18, 2008
One word, Bulldogs: WOOF!!!

Look who's overrated... AGAIN!
IU Class of 1977

Glendale, AZ

#66 Jan 18, 2008
IU is a joke wrote:
I hear at IU they only have coed dorms but they doesn't help the low life loser IU guys meet women.
Really come on why would a guy go to IU other than for the ratio of women.
IU enjoy one year of possibly getting past the first game, after that forget about it. Gordon has already said "yeah if I knew IU sucked this bad I wouldn't have attended, it was a big mistake".
who is freaking 1-4 in the conference? I-L-L D-U-I... the Carp strikes again
WBrown Memphis

Memphis, TN

#67 Jan 18, 2008
I believe Purdue people should not be allowed to speak about hoops until their team is in the top 25, until then, they are just outsiders looking in trying to make themselves feel better. Look, Butler had a terrible night, and hopefully they will bounce back, but we need AJ to show up every game and we need to get more minutes for Veasley, Hahn, Jukes, Van Zant. Period. Last night, this team looked slow and tired, why not mix it up a bit? Better kill YST tomorrow and go on a run. This loss was ugly and will sting for awhile
Russ Koenig

Darien, IL

#69 Jan 18, 2008
Wizard of Westwood wrote:
I have said this countless times-I'll say it again: Butler will go as far as AJ Graves takes them. When AJ plays well, Butler can beat ANYBODY! When he doesn't, Butler is vulnerable. Listen to these disturbing but telling #'s:
In Butler's 7 losses last year, Graves was:
FG 3 PT Pts
37-109 34% 19-64 30% 14.3 Pts/gm
This year's 2 losses:
4-22 18% 1-12 8% 5.5 Pts/gm
In the 1st 6 games this year (thru Alaska), Graves shot equal to or better than 50% on both FG and 3 Pt shots 5 times.
36-73 49% 29-56 52% 18.5 Pts/gm
In the last 12 games, he has NOT ONCE shot 50% or better from either.
44-137 32% 25-87 29% 11.8 Pts/gm
Last 6 "true" road games (not Neutral sites)
14-56 25% 7/34 21% 8.8 Pts/gm
Bottom line, this is a good basketball team regardless of any one individual, but Graves has not shot the ball well since Alaska. Butler will not achieve or realize its potential until Graves gets out of this slump.
Wizard, a positive post, very nice. Thanks for not dragging down DuPage County as you have a knack for, you're making us look bad. I wish this forum was to discuss basketball and not trash other schools wherever possible, or I'd probably participate more.
Now, that said, and I can't take credit for this but a friend of mine from BU said it's time to start Hahn. I said, why not, he is the future, as we lose AJ and Green next year. Let AJ be the Ben Gordon (Chi. Bulls), the 6th man off the bench. Hahn gets the starting experience because he is all we have next year at point, and AJ comes in fresh to score. What do you think about that plan?
Bob Sanders

Nineveh, IN

#68 Jan 18, 2008
Hey, I heard the Dawgs need some help with their energy and punch-the-mouth play. I've got some time now - give me a call.

Bob
Roger

Avon, IN

#70 Jan 19, 2008
Its always a good idea for a team to improve over the course of a season. Butler peaked early and knocked off some teams as they were getting their feet under them. I'd say that Butler would have a tough time with Florida State right now. Butler rained in the three pointers early in the season and now they seem to be sputtering.
Lafayette Hoosier

Otterbein, IN

#71 Jan 19, 2008
BoilerDawg wrote:
As always, IU fans have no idea what's happening in the world outside of Bloomington.
BoilerDawg...there are plenty of IU fans that know what's going on outside of Bloomington. Don't talk about how sad it is that Purdue fans make idiotic comments then make one yourself. Come on now...Every school has it's fair share of idiots, and they love to post on message boards and ruin it for people who can actually make intelligent posts. Let's not act like IU is incapable of having fans with a brain.
IU is a joke

United States

#72 Jan 21, 2008
IU Class of 1977 wrote:
<quoted text>
who is freaking 1-4 in the conference? I-L-L D-U-I... the Carp strikes again
It is obvious they don't teach research at IU. It is also obvious they don't teach common sense.

Let me see how an IU brain works: Hey this person lives in Illinois therefore they went to Illinois, therefore IU Class of 1977 must have went to University of Arizona.
Not a hick

Racine, WI

#73 Jan 21, 2008
"The longer Cleveland St. stays on top of the conference standings the worse the horizon looks."

What kind of backwards-a$$ thinking is this? Would it look better for the HL if Butler was whooping everybody?

As long as CSU keeps beating teams like Florida State, South Florida, and Butler,(and does not take a bad loss - they have yet to take a loss outside of the Top 75), they will stay in the Top 50 where they are right now. They may even move up into the Top 30!

BTW, where is Purdue standing today?
Locutus

Bloomington, IN

#74 Jan 22, 2008
Not a hick wrote:
...BTW, where is Purdue standing today?
Out standing in their field?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hot shooting lifts Howard over Coppin State 70-60 (Jan '13) Jan '13 COPPIN EAGLE 1
News Colonials regain touch in 2nd half, top the Bison (Jan '10) Jan '10 Concerned 1
News Butler basketball team wins with 3-pointers (Nov '07) Mar '09 MEEE 4
News State college basketball roundup: Navy beats Ho... (Nov '08) Nov '08 rtyh 3
News Howard's dirty work saves Butler (Dec '07) Oct '08 teamwork1 41
News Overtime payoff (Oct '08) Oct '08 Gary 1
News Freshman linebacker playing like a veteran for ... (Sep '08) Sep '08 Sean Brown 3
More from around the web