Miners take on co-leader Houston

Miners take on co-leader Houston

There are 27 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 21, 2011, titled Miners take on co-leader Houston. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

And then there were four ... four teams with just one loss, four teams with a 3-1 record at the quarter-pole of the Conference USA basketball race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steve El Paso-Rockport

Aransas Pass, TX

#22 Jan 22, 2011
Danny - Read my first post again

DID I produce scores or not?

Read though it again- see if there are ratings and scores... and yes I wasn't afraid to put my name behind my post
The only polls that go that low are Sagarin where Houston is ranked #182 and CBS where its ranked #168- its strength of schedule is #280 and #262 in the nation. Someone once asked why do I even mention CBS ( or sagarin)- only because they go that low.

Houston is ranked below Presbytarian (who??), Wofford, Quinnipiac and New Mexico State.

Knight says they "dismantled a solid Rice team" LOL maybe he meant they were so solid they couldn't move up and down the floor . Rice is ranked #193 and #203 respectively.

UCF has fallen apart losing 3-4 games in row now.

I just wish I could trust Knight to have honest objective reporting, so I could read who our Minors are playing without having to do my own research.

Who has Houston beaten at home this year? Nichols State, Alcorn State, the powerhouse Northwestern Oklahoma State (quick what's their nickname) and the mighty Rogers State Hillcats! as well as the 6-13 Nevada Reno team (well at least we heard of them). Their best win might have been a 2 point beating of Sam Houston who lost all but one of its stars and is having its worst season in many years.

-------

Do you see any scores Danny? Can you read on a first grade level Danny Are you a chickens--t YES
Danny

El Paso, TX

#23 Jan 22, 2011
OH NO - Texas with an RPI of 25 beats Kansas, the #1 RPI team - what happens now Steve?

You must believe that the RPI means everything so why play games? We can just appoint winners based on RPI.
Mild Bill

Bradenton, FL

#24 Jan 22, 2011
Miners Crank Up the Defense, Dunk Shasta, equals a Major road win in Houston. Go Miners think 4-1, 16-4 Baby Yes 16-4 & 4-1 C-USA.
ohnoyoudidnt

El Paso, TX

#25 Jan 22, 2011
Steve El Paso-Rockport wrote:
Danny - Read my first post again
DID I produce scores or not?
Read though it again- see if there are ratings and scores... and yes I wasn't afraid to put my name behind my post
The only polls that go that low are Sagarin where Houston is ranked #182 and CBS where its ranked #168- its strength of schedule is #280 and #262 in the nation. Someone once asked why do I even mention CBS ( or sagarin)- only because they go that low.
Houston is ranked below Presbytarian (who??), Wofford, Quinnipiac and New Mexico State.
Knight says they "dismantled a solid Rice team" LOL maybe he meant they were so solid they couldn't move up and down the floor . Rice is ranked #193 and #203 respectively.
UCF has fallen apart losing 3-4 games in row now.
I just wish I could trust Knight to have honest objective reporting, so I could read who our Minors are playing without having to do my own research.
Who has Houston beaten at home this year? Nichols State, Alcorn State, the powerhouse Northwestern Oklahoma State (quick what's their nickname) and the mighty Rogers State Hillcats! as well as the 6-13 Nevada Reno team (well at least we heard of them). Their best win might have been a 2 point beating of Sam Houston who lost all but one of its stars and is having its worst season in many years.
-------
Do you see any scores Danny? Can you read on a first grade level Danny Are you a chickens--t YES
steve, i like the fact the you post facts and not just opinions like many others posting.. as far as trying to get danny to understand your point, don't even bother, seems like he can't see the big picture and doesn't really understand sports and statistics..
Danny

El Paso, TX

#27 Jan 22, 2011
If we can't beat Houston easily - its a bad sign.
Oh No Steve - the Miners (not minors as you call them) are down by one at half. I guess it's all over and they need to turn in their uniforms and wait until next year.

Those silly RPI ratings. Houston has no right beating the Miners at half. They have a 'bigger' RPI number.
Danny

El Paso, TX

#28 Jan 22, 2011
That darn (solid) RPI 203 Rice just beat RPI 37 UCF. What is going on Steve?
build it

El Paso, TX

#30 Jan 23, 2011
UCF lost to East Carolina.
Danny I'll make you a deal if Houston wins the tourney or even gets in the NCAA's I will never post again. You do the same if they don't.
What a bunch of cowards! Put your name behind your posts.
Build it- If I went to UTEP and was student body president I have a right to root for the Miners -in fact I can root for each college I attended. Unfortunately you -while hiding behind your anonymous screen name can't tell others who their team is.
I wish people would post some FACTs- scores results or anything else to provide information about the upcoming game, but instead they get courage when they can hide and say things they would never dare to a person's face.
Max El Paso, feel better? Answer MY question, whats up with the "MINORS"? Hard to believe that was a typo. I'm not telling anybody who to or not root for, but to claim to be behind UTEP and call them the Minors? Sorry, but you lose cred right there. And judging by the number of posts that rag on you, Uh why don't you get the hint? And as for your precious stats, yeah thats right, look them up at the team's web site. Thats what I do. You just sound like a petty crybaby criticizing Knight for the same thing every single game. Want his job? Go get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Houston NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The recruitment of Case Keenum: How the Vikings... Oct '17 SFB Field Phart 3
News Vikings sign backup QB Case Keenum (Apr '17) Apr '17 Could pharts 4
News The good, bad and weird of the NFL season (Dec '16) Dec '16 Kasick of Pancakes 3
News UH wants that Kevin Sumlin swag back: Firing go... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Madd Dogg 1
News Qualls, Harris suspended indefinitely for Arkansas (Feb '14) Feb '14 Razorman 1
News College Football Handicapping Picks BBVA Compas... (Jan '14) Jan '14 dana carther 1
News UTEP's Sun Bowl Turns 50 (Sep '13) Dec '13 Wrong Way Driver 5
More from around the web