Cougars' Keenum took shot to head

Sep 11, 2010 Read more: El Paso Times 9
Braxton Amy wasn't the only star to leave Friday's game, though Houston quarterback Case Keenum's problems certainly seem less severe. Read more
David

Houston, TX

#1 Sep 12, 2010
It pains me to hear UTEP fans criticize Mike Price on the message boards. As a Houston fan I try to put myself in the position of the opposition. Preparing for Houston's offensive attack would be a daunting proposition. Not insurmountable but very difficult. It's hard to make decisions when you're playing from behind in the opponent's stadium. The coach knows his players better than most. If he thought they needed the motivation of having the 3 points then I accept that. I know fans want to win but Price is a player's coach that has brought a lot of attention to UTEP and provided some exciting football. Good to see the UTEP fans in town this week.
David H.
GetReal Price

El Paso, TX

#2 Sep 12, 2010
No, Price, Houston's not "doing a great job at marketing."

They're doing a great job at winning. Maybe if you figured that out, you wouldn't continue embarrassing UTEP week after week.

“TROJANS READY TO RESTORE ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#3 Sep 12, 2010
Dont worry about Keenum. Even playing at 50% next week, the Cougs will still pummel hapless UCLA
FEDUP

El Paso, TX

#4 Sep 12, 2010
It's beginning to look more and more like Donald Buckram was hurt more seriously than what they first reported!
That's what UTEP gets for trying to "save" buckram for the start of the regular season!
So much for being too careful!
Hard To Be Optimistic

El Paso, TX

#5 Sep 12, 2010
I agree with the comment by GETREAL PRICE. Winning is the best marketing tool. As much as I like Price, he continues to make questionable decisions on the field as well as off the field. He should have assigned someone to Buckram to make sure Buckram didnt get hurt, the same way Price assigned Coach Sumlin to Drew Bledsoe in the early 90s so he wouldnt get hurt. Prices motivation seems to have diminished. We need a proven young and energetic coach in here even if we have to pay him some bigger bucks. Like Natalicio has acknowledged, we hope, being Teir I means all depts, including athletics. Conditioning is lacking in the program as well as discipline. Utep needs to study the Boise St. model for success and a winner's mentality, otherwise Utep will remain mediocre for many more years to come. Its a mindset that utep does not have right now. Chuck Veliz from Montwood is an example of a successful and winning mindset. Montwood and riverside always seem to keep winning year in and year out as does Boise in the college ranks. I welcome any comments either agreeable or disagreeable. I believe winning starts with the fundamentals such as eliminating or significantly reducing the careless or mindless mistakes eg. penalties that happen over and over again.
Hard To Be Optimistic

El Paso, TX

#6 Sep 12, 2010
Also, without a reliable field goal kicker, a football team will not be succesful because missed field goals are momentum breakers especially from inside 30 yards.
RJeezy

San Antonio, TX

#7 Sep 12, 2010
The season is still young so I think its crazy for UTEP fans to go jump off a ledge, but the outrage does signify how frustrated UTEP fans are with coach Price and why if he doesnt win at least 7-8 games this year, then he should be let go.

UH, other than Arkansas is the best team we will play all year and we played them without DBuckram.

The 4th and goal decision was pretty bad, down 20 in the 3rd, u need tds, not field goals. That killed all if any momentum utep had.

Interesting game this week versus NMSU, must win for UTEP at home, seriously we should beat these guys handily
PriceandVittatoe bothstink

United States

#8 Sep 12, 2010
Price and Vittatoe both have to go. Vittatoe is a sorry excuse for a QB. We are going to lose this year, might as well break in the QB of the future. Sitting in the stands on Sat, it was painful knowing you didn't have a shot because your QB sucks.
Erin

El Paso, TX

#9 Sep 14, 2010
You guy's doing a great job! Hang in there and never give up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Houston NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UH wants that Kevin Sumlin swag back: Firing go... Dec '14 Madd Dogg 1
News Qualls, Harris suspended indefinitely for Arkansas (Feb '14) Feb '14 Razorman 1
News College Football Handicapping Picks BBVA Compas... (Jan '14) Jan '14 dana carther 1
News UTEP's Sun Bowl Turns 50 (Sep '13) Dec '13 Wrong Way Driver 5
News Raiders' Defensive End Houston a Disruptive Force (Nov '13) Nov '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 8
News Have We Seen the Last of Matt Schaub in Houston? (Oct '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 8
News Execution delayed for prison guard murderer (Jun '13) Jun '13 Chris peper 1
More from around the web