UCF tops Holy Cross; powerful Memphis up next

There are 9 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 7, 2009, titled UCF tops Holy Cross; powerful Memphis up next. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Crusaders were the perfect tuneup for powerhouse Memphis. Holy Cross gave UCF fits early, forcing the Knights to fight for every bucket en route to a 70-57 win Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Rob

Winter Park, FL

#1 Jan 7, 2009
UCF has the young talent to build on for the next few years and should result in more wins and post season options. The big thing for this years team is to be more aggressive on the offensive boards. On bad shooting days, the second chance buckets are important.
Kirk has done a GREAT job in his tenure as coach, and I hope he will continue to be rewarded.
Dave

Denver, CO

#2 Jan 7, 2009
Memphis is too athletic and talented for UCF's EIGHT freshman to contend with, but hey, you never know. They're capable of playing very good "D" at times. But if our outside shot isn't falling, we're in BIG trouble, because we have no inside game. Unfortunately, I think our guys get to jazzed up for big games like this, and it affects their shot, just like it did against Ole Miss and Florida. Whatever the outcome, they'll learn from it. The talent level on this team keeps getting better and better. The future looks bright.
Brolando

De Leon Springs, FL

#4 Jan 7, 2009
UCF has looked really good at times this year but have the tendancy for slow starts. This has been ok with lower or equal compitition, but let's hope that doesn't happen with Memphis, because there will be nothing slow at any phase of Memphis' game.
Go See It

United States

#5 Jan 8, 2009
There are still tickets available. Don't miss the chance to see Memphis they are fun to watch. I don't know why the OS won't help UCF sell these tickets. No mention about number of tickets left?

GO Knights!
UCF Bball

Oviedo, FL

#6 Jan 8, 2009
Orlando Sentinel needs to really hype this game and UCF basketball much more overall. They are the best entertinment/sports value in all of Central Florida. Be there!
Hahaha

Lake Mary, FL

#7 Jan 8, 2009
Go See It wrote:
There are still tickets available. Don't miss the chance to see Memphis they are fun to watch. I don't know why the OS won't help UCF sell these tickets. No mention about number of tickets left?
GO Knights!
Of course there are still tickets. There are plenty of tickets for all UCF athletics because they are a joke. UCF couldn't sell out even if they gave them away. Oh wait, they've tried that.
UCF Bball

Oviedo, FL

#8 Jan 8, 2009
Hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there are still tickets. There are plenty of tickets for all UCF athletics because they are a joke. UCF couldn't sell out even if they gave them away. Oh wait, they've tried that.
Rarely do college basketball games in the state sell out...not even for former national champ UF. But Saturday's game should set UCF's attendance record of over 7,100 fans in the house
Hahaha

Lake Mary, FL

#9 Jan 8, 2009
UCF Bball wrote:
<quoted text>Rarely do college basketball games in the state sell out...not even for former national champ UF. But Saturday's game should set UCF's attendance record of over 7,100 fans in the house
Will Drunk George O'Liar be there proudly representing the school?
UCF Grad

Tampa, FL

#10 Jan 12, 2009
Hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, guess what. The game was a sell out. LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holy Cross Crusaders NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BYU coach a big UConn women booster (Dec '07) Jun '11 America Gentleman... 3
News American Advances To Patriot Semis With 62-60 W... (Mar '08) Mar '08 Greco Romansky 1
News Hometown Hero: Beinert makes most of minutes (Feb '08) Feb '08 gerbils 1
News Boys Basketball Ratings (Jan '08) Jan '08 Nolan Kelly 2
News Holy Cross, Bucknell at different ends of PL (Jan '08) Jan '08 Don1 1
News Williams hopes UM is 'mature' (Jan '08) Jan '08 Dolf 8
News ACC: fountain of youth (Jan '08) Jan '08 Williams must GO 2
More from around the web