Not the doo doo boy

Honolulu, HI

#1 Oct 30, 2008
This year and with the right recruiters, we will be able to secure Patrick Nicely as our teams 2009 quarterback; along with Greg Alexander. Patrick is, as of last reports, the 18th best in the nation. How often does this opportunity come around for the University of Hawaii (and the university is paying Greg McMackin a salary of over a million dollars per year)?

Competition is such that with what we are paying in coaching salaries, we've better get on the ball and make/allow our coaching staff to earn their pay!

Competition is such that we can not afford to allow Boise State to advance! Last year, we beat Boise State fair and square, under Coach June Jones. This year we lost to Boise State with a $1 million plus salary head coach.

Boise State does not recruit well in comparison to BCS teams. Boise State is well-coached, so that's Boise's advantage over us. Even with McMackin and paying a million dollars plus, Boise State is still a better coached team.

This year in 2008, Boise's recruiting wasn't too bad. In 2009, Boise is expected to tremendously improve in its recruiting and to the point where it will leave Hawaii behind in Boise's smoke. We will never be able to catch Boise and Boise will be guaranteed to dominate the WAC for the next five to eight years! Trying to get ahead will be for naught! I just don't like that kind of situation. And if such were to happen, then we should either get rid of McMackin or pay him less!

What do you fans think?

In order to keep up with Boise, we need to recruit a guy like Patrick (plus two good receivers equal to or surpassing Patrick Nicely's talents) and forget about our soft and verbal commitments to other 2009 quarterbacks.

Hey, we're in this to win or why should we pay McMacking $1.5 million or more? Are you fans stupid or what!

Would fans perfer a four-star Patrick Nicely, 18th best in the nation, to play for Hawaii or someone ranked with three-stars and not able to help our team get to where we need to be?

Patrick is the kind of guy that you can depend on to help us win the WAC and to go undefeated in 2009 and for the next four years! Beating Boise State and taking Hawaii to a BCS game at the end of the year with the possibility of winning (from his second to fourth year at the UH)!

You need this guy not only to beat Boise State, but to prevent Boise from growing and from recruiting better players. This is how competition works. You either get Nicely or quit playing football!

In a competitive sport you play to win or you should really fold and close your doors and take up crocheting instead!

Where are the real he man fans at the University of Hawaii!???

-----
Patrick Nicely
http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp...
http://www.rivals.com/viewrank.asp...

He is a steal for Bowling Green, who is lucky to get the guy! Hawaii could have and still could get him, if they had the right ties to the right people!

Pro-Style Quarterback
Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 205 lbs
Forty: 4.67 secs
Bench reps: 12
Vertical: 29 inches
Shuttle: 4.56 secs
GPA: 3.8
Ranking: 18th best in the nation!

Idaho is the weakest team in the WAC.
Utah State is the second weakest.
Utah State is the equivalent of Bowling Green.
What makes Bowling green so special is that it has two junior running backs and a senior defensive tackle. Other than that Bowling Green has no real spectacular players. Hawaii's players by far outclass Bowling Green, yet Hawaii's coaches and AD refuse to spend the money to recruit a player like Patrick Nicely, who would make all of the difference in the world for the Hawaii Warriors!
Nicely is the kind of guy to build one's team around for the next four years!
Not the doo doo boy

Honolulu, HI

#2 Oct 30, 2008
Once you get on a success track, generally speaking, you stay at that level and you do not go below that level!

This is the key to our success!

Jones brought us here and I was one of the original people pushing for Jones!
Not the doo doo boy

Honolulu, HI

#3 Oct 30, 2008
McMackin should be (deleted) in his pants at the thought of getting Nicely!
Not the doo doo boy

Honolulu, HI

#4 Oct 30, 2008
Man, man, man! Wow! What a catch! I'm going to (delete) in my pants! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Can't believe my eyes and ears! Patrick Nicely is going to come to Hawaii!

And we can get him with the right set of people pushing (recruiting) for him to come here!

Wow! Wow! Wow! I can't believe what I am seeing and hearing! Wow!
Not the doo doo boy

Honolulu, HI

#5 Oct 30, 2008
Part of the reason why we can't recruit good players is because we don't have any more scholarships and that scholarships are being given to dead weight and to players playing below the level required!

When you need good players, scholarship money should be reserved for them and our sights should be set high enough so that we will not miss our boat when it comes by!
Not the doo doo boy

Honolulu, HI

#6 Oct 30, 2008
Wow! I can't believe it! Patrick Nicely! The Governor should be told!
Not the doo doo boy

Honolulu, HI

#7 Oct 30, 2008
Patrick Nicely wow, oh wow, jees! Wow! This guy is our Terrelle Pryor guarrans! Guarens ball bearingz!
Not the doo doo boy

Honolulu, HI

#8 Oct 30, 2008
Wow, wow, jees! Oh wow!
Not the doo doo boy

Honolulu, HI

#9 Oct 30, 2008
Wow!
Not the doo doo boy

Honolulu, HI

#10 Oct 30, 2008
I would kiss the guy for turning Ohio State and Boston college just to play in Hawaii, wouldn't you?

Wow! Patrick Nicely! Where is Governor Lingle and the rest of our Aloha State and UH fans!

Let's all come on out and welcome this guy to our state!

Patrick Nicely, wow!
Not the doo doo boy

Honolulu, HI

#11 Oct 30, 2008
WOW!

Patrick Nicely!
lchow

Honolulu, HI

#12 Nov 2, 2008
Coach McMackin should get this guy! How?(1) The right people who have access to him can assist in bring this about.(2) If there is a very loud outcry, and Patrick is given a hero's welcoming, in the entire State of Hawaii.(3) If Coach McMackin's decision to recruit Patrick is fully backed by our Hawaii State Governor and by everyone else.(4) If Patrick feels welcomed here and sees the University of Hawaii as giving him a good education and the opportunity to enter pro-football!

All of the above is doable!
lchow

Honolulu, HI

#13 Nov 2, 2008
Patrick Nicely

http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp...
http://www.rivals.com/viewrank.asp...

He is a steal for Bowling Green, who is lucky to get the guy! Hawaii could have and still could get him, if they had the right ties to the right people!

Pro-Style Quarterback
Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 205 lbs
Forty: 4.67 secs
Bench reps: 12
Vertical: 29 inches
Shuttle: 4.56 secs
GPA: 3.8
Ranking: 18th best in the nation!
lchow

Honolulu, HI

#14 Nov 15, 2008
http://www.topix.com/forum/ncaa/hawaii-footba...

At this point in time, I don't think that Coach McMackin is interested in recruiting Nicely and is ready to give some excuse as to hwy he has chosen not to do this when it was possible all along!
Tim Nicely

Mentor, OH

#15 Nov 22, 2008
Not the doo doo boy wrote:
I would kiss the guy for turning Ohio State and Boston college just to play in Hawaii, wouldn't you?
Wow! Patrick Nicely! Where is Governor Lingle and the rest of our Aloha State and UH fans!
Let's all come on out and welcome this guy to our state!
Patrick Nicely, wow!
I was stationed in the Navy at Pearl Harbour and would truly love to have my boy play football at Hawaii...
Tim Nicely
Zip in Paradise

Honolulu, HI

#16 Jan 22, 2009
Tim, I'm about a mile from Pearl Harbor at this moment. Let me say to you, and to Coach McMackin: Paddy has chosen the right school. The Fighting Zippers of the University of Akron will make your son into the next Charley Frye! Go Zips!!!!!! BTW -- this is the second recruit Akron has beaten out the Warriors for in as many years -- our D-Cordinator's son was recruited by UH last year.
lchow

Honolulu, HI

#17 Feb 7, 2009
"Zip in Paradise" here's my update.

Coach McMackin never called me about acquiring Patrick Nicely. About 6 months ago, roughly, he was informed about Patrick's availability by people who I spoke to.

I spoke to Coach McMackin, personally, from memory, sometime about three months ago or whenever I posted the meeting on this board.

Some people are skeptical, when a good thing comes along. Why didn't the better colleges want him and why is he going to a rinky dink college?

Coach McMackin just wasn't interested, possibly because he had more faith in his guys and doubted Patrick's ability!

Patrick didn't want to be open with me, after I questioned him on the telephone.

If some kid had something to offer, there should be a burning desire to come out in the open, be truthful, and try to work with people who have taken a deep interest in you!

Did Patrick have talent. I would say so, yet he has to learn to trust people and learn to do more for his career!

A lot of good schools by passed him for this very reason!

lchow (recruiter)
lchow

Honolulu, HI

#18 Feb 7, 2009
WAC

1. Boise State
2. Hawaii
3. Louisiana Tech

No other schools can match the above three schools and the UH would have been a good match for Patrick and Coach McMackin still needs to learn a lot of things as he isn't earning his 1.2 million per year salary!

The taxpayers and UH President gave him that money as a free gift!

Obama next anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawaii Warriors NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 2007 Warriors: A spectacular success (Jan '08) Aug '13 moo808 62
Talk about Hawaii Warriors NCAA Football (Jul '12) Jul '12 Kitkat 1
UH football player arrested for suspicion of dr... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Kitkat 1
The Force move former Uh QB Bryant Moniz to act... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Kitkat 1
Ginoza's coaching legacy endures (Jun '08) May '12 GoldBalls 25
Hawaii News, Honolulu, Honolulu News, Sports, E... (Dec '11) Dec '11 michael sears 2
Hawaii News, Honolulu, Honolulu News, Sports, E... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Deb 1
•••
•••

Hawaii Warriors NCAA Football People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••