Drug laws called unfair to minorities

More than 200 inmates incarcerated in federal prisons in Connecticut for crack cocaine offenses could see their sentences cut by an average of 27 months under a plan contemplated by the U.S. Sentencing ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#62 Dec 10, 2007
I posted this on the first page of these posts, and you people didn't read it, and instead berated me for what I posted about slavery, so I'm posting this one more time:

Prejudice and racism will only go away when people stop letting it have so much power over them. When people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, and others of their ilk, stop fanning the flames. When people start taking personal responsibility, and learn to grow a backbone where their wishbone is, and stop accepting behavior that isn't acceptable. Easier said than done, I know, but that's the only way it's going to stop. And I think we can ALL agree, it needs to stop.

Okay once more: PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. For EVERYONE. White, black, purple, pink, I don't care what color you are, take some PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for yourselves, because if you don't, you have no one to blame but yourself.
Connecticut Sam

United States

#63 Dec 10, 2007
Tired of the BS

I am against leglize drugs. Where do you think these crack heads get their money to buy drugs? by robbing people. Can you believe all the people driving cars and trucks, high on drugs.
Connecticut Sam

United States

#64 Dec 10, 2007
The south will raise again.
ILUVMYSELF

New Haven, CT

#65 Dec 10, 2007
Connecticut Sam wrote:
The south will raise again.
SEGREGATION WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN NOT IN THIS LIFETIME, AFRICAN AMERICANS HAVE COME TO FOR TO FALL FOR THAT B.S. AGAIN, THIS IS A NEW GENERATION AND THEIR NOT HAVING IT! SO GO DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH YOUR NOOSE.
CEST MOI LA BRAT

AOL

#66 Dec 10, 2007
JUST SAY NO!

PMSL
adrinker

Newtown, CT

#67 Dec 10, 2007
ILUVMYSELF wrote:
<quoted text>FOR ONE, I DO KNOW HOW TO TALK, FOR TWO, BASICALLY ALL OF THE COMMENTS POSTED ARE RACIAL REMARKS AND ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!
THE PICTURE IS WAY BIGGER THAN AFRICAN AMERICANS, THEIR NOT THE ONES FLYING OVER TO COLOMBIA TO BRING THE DRUGS IN AMERICA. OKAY!!!
The writer in this story is talking about minorities.And I'm sorry, but the fact remains that they commit most of the crimes.I do not want to hear the story of how hard it is to grow up black.Maybe years ago, but now you have the same opportunity as everyone else.Black,white,yellow or green. Stop it with the race card,and make your own future.
adrinker

Newtown, CT

#68 Dec 10, 2007
LynneB wrote:
I posted this on the first page of these posts, and you people didn't read it, and instead berated me for what I posted about slavery, so I'm posting this one more time:
Prejudice and racism will only go away when people stop letting it have so much power over them. When people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, and others of their ilk, stop fanning the flames. When people start taking personal responsibility, and learn to grow a backbone where their wishbone is, and stop accepting behavior that isn't acceptable. Easier said than done, I know, but that's the only way it's going to stop. And I think we can ALL agree, it needs to stop.
Okay once more: PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. For EVERYONE. White, black, purple, pink, I don't care what color you are, take some PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for yourselves, because if you don't, you have no one to blame but yourself.
Well sais, LynnB
CEST MOI LA BRAT

AOL

#69 Dec 10, 2007
tru life wrote:
<quoted text>you are a jackass for that comment that statement itself is racist and dumb
<~ tru life's brain
NO TALKING OUT of As

Las Vegas, NV

#70 Dec 24, 2007
I really like when a person has facts to back up their statments & not some generalized statement that they learned from their racist parents. Do you not realize that it was only 60 years that blacks were denied almost all of their rights & this was being inforced by the USA goverment? lol....by the way I am black & I am an American...I have never been to Africa so why do you call me an African American? I was born here & pay my taxes just like you. I am an American just like you!
Had enough wrote:
Lynne B,you claim that your ancestors were indentured servants obviously you don't know the difference from being a slave and a servant. A slave is worked to death and treated like an animal, given scraps that the owner doesn't want and an indentured servant is someone who does work for money and treated with dignity. Jump off your soap boxs and read the article that Thoprton wrote again. It's about inequality. Of course you wouldn't care about these offenders because everything you have I'm sure it was given to you or handed to you on a silver platter because of your skin color. Most of these offenders chose to sell narcotics because of the racial inequality this country still have when they go to get jobs or work.
I agree with you Ava no matter what the skin color is every race should have to abide by the same guidelines.
For all you jackass' that made the comment in regards to African Americans committ more crimes that Whites check your states stats for criminal activity and I bet you'll be retracting that statement. The pedophilia, the crystal myth traffickers, wife murderers, embezzling. I could go on, but I wont. Stop generalizing and help fix the problem. Oh, and ask the African Americans and other minorities how they are getting the drugs in to this country... with the help of those good ole' white people (Congress,Army and Navy. I wish all of you ignorant people would go sit down somewhere with your racist selves. Get a life and stop medling in other people lives.
pwilson

Newtown, CT

#71 Dec 24, 2007
Had enough wrote:
Lynne B,you claim that your ancestors were indentured servants obviously you don't know the difference from being a slave and a servant. A slave is worked to death and treated like an animal, given scraps that the owner doesn't want and an indentured servant is someone who does work for money and treated with dignity. Jump off your soap boxs and read the article that Thoprton wrote again. It's about inequality. Of course you wouldn't care about these offenders because everything you have I'm sure it was given to you or handed to you on a silver platter because of your skin color. Most of these offenders chose to sell narcotics because of the racial inequality this country still have when they go to get jobs or work.
I agree with you Ava no matter what the skin color is every race should have to abide by the same guidelines.
For all you jackass' that made the comment in regards to African Americans committ more crimes that Whites check your states stats for criminal activity and I bet you'll be retracting that statement. The pedophilia, the crystal myth traffickers, wife murderers, embezzling. I could go on, but I wont. Stop generalizing and help fix the problem. Oh, and ask the African Americans and other minorities how they are getting the drugs in to this country... with the help of those good ole' white people (Congress,Army and Navy. I wish all of you ignorant people would go sit down somewhere with your racist selves. Get a life and stop medling in other people lives.
To say that an afican american is selling drugs because of racial inequality is the most stupid thing I have ever heard." Oh, I'm sorry judge but, I was selling drugs because white guys have more then I do." So if a white guy was selling, whats his excuse." Oh, sorry judge, iI was selling drugs because a black guy has less than me." Sound stupid? Because it is. And last, if blacks do not commit more crimes, why are there more blacks in jail?
THE HANGING JUDGE

West Milford, NJ

#72 Dec 24, 2007
Ah here we go , the black complaining again , they made their choice to pick up and start using and now they want a get out of jail card , well i know a secret , the courts want to let them out so they can do it all over again , well that cost the state money to defend them and it go's into sombodys pocket , i will always have a job , let all of them go !!
Connecticut Sam

United States

#73 Dec 24, 2007
CEST MOI LA BRAT wrote:
JUST SAY NO!
PMSL
yes, I agree.
Connecticut Sam

United States

#74 Dec 24, 2007
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Hartford NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UConn women respond well to Geno's test (Nov '07) Apr '13 BPT 8
Shooting Victim Identified -- Courant.com (Oct '07) Feb '13 seriousbizz 66
BYU coach a big UConn women booster (Dec '07) Jun '11 America Gentleman... 3
Hoops down under: Drake grad Sabia on Australia... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Go Morgan 1
Former MC standout Michael Turner lands with Ge... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Jose Queervo 1
Moms, Dads Urged To Be Stronger Advocates -- Co... (Oct '07) Jul '09 Lew Day 30
Drake U'U to transfer? (May '09) Jun '09 Keith 2
More from around the web