Jones Can't Outrun Lies

There are 2 comments on the Jan 13, 2008, Hartford Courant story titled Jones Can't Outrun Lies. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

W e needn't look hard for the stories that charmed us, warmed out hearts. We needn't dig deep for the stories that had America pulling for Marion Jones to rake in all those Olympic gold medals in 2000.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Tisa

Ghana

#1 Jan 13, 2008
I have a Jones alert on my email. About five or six articles come each day. Your article I can safely say stands out at the top, one because it is straightforward, two condenses her sporting life from five years old to present and three, their is no condescending morality expressed, just what is.

The irony is that she actually sued the very person who gave her the gift of performance enhancements. She embraced them with compassion that she lacked for her teammates, her competition, her self worth, her country and her glorious but fictitious Olympics victories.

Her persona could be concisely expressed as an example of a Jekyll and Hyde syndrome. On the surface, the sweetness of her captivating smile and her innate intelligence masked her dark side of theft as she embraced her lies with clarion calls of innocence.

The men in her life did not bring her fall from glory; it was not an error in her self assessment to win. It was calculated and supervised each step to her ultimate fame with its corresponding deformation.

Thank you Jeff for this article.
Jennette

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Jan 14, 2008
Gee, too bad 'the liars' that supposedly work for the American people are not held to such a high criticism and penalty as an athlete; Scooter Libbey, jeopardized V. Plame's life, yet his sentence is commuted; how many crimes does O.J. have to committ to be put away for a long time?, how many felonies are Bush/Cheney allowed before they pay for their crimes of 'LYING' to the American people?
Where is justice? It apparently does not apply to powerful white men.
Give me a break. Marion's medals were stripped, she was publicly humiliated, AND whe will do community service -
and her babies need to be without their mother for 6 months????
Whatever..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Hartford NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UConn women respond well to Geno's test (Nov '07) Apr '13 BPT 8
News Shooting Victim Identified -- Courant.com (Oct '07) Feb '13 seriousbizz 66
News BYU coach a big UConn women booster (Dec '07) Jun '11 America Gentleman... 3
News Hoops down under: Drake grad Sabia on Australia... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Go Morgan 1
News Former MC standout Michael Turner lands with Ge... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Jose Queervo 1
News Moms, Dads Urged To Be Stronger Advocates -- Co... (Oct '07) Jul '09 Lew Day 30
Drake U'U to transfer? (May '09) Jun '09 Keith 2
More from around the web