UConn Pulls Away From Hartford For 99-56 Win

Full story: Hartford Courant

The XL Center buzzed Monday night when the concern of the crowd seemed to match the frustration of UConn coach Jim Calhoun .
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Nov 18, 2008
Jerome Dyson

Gaithersburg, MD

#1 Nov 18, 2008
Yeah, who needs me anyway, right? Where's that dude today? Busy at work, I'm sure.

I'm actually a pretty good player. I have an all-around game that will make up for my sporadic shooting and I'm looking forward to gettin' in the faces of the McAlarneys, the Reynolds, that punk from my neck of the woods in MD Sam Young, and that kid from Cincy, you know, the gunner with the big mouth, Vaughn.

But first I'm looking forward to facing a really strong Miami team down in the islands, and hopefully we're unbeaten when we face what some ESPN dudes are saying is the best-ever Gonzaga team! Did you all know that game is on CBS? Yeah baby, we're talking a Sweet 16-type game in December!

Oh, it's good to be a Husky. And I'm actually a pretty good player.

Peace, JDice.
Joe Zeglinski

Berlin, CT

#2 Nov 18, 2008
How come JC never recruits a player like this?
Jim Calhoun

Hartford, CT

#3 Nov 18, 2008
Walker is the best small guard I've coached.
Jim Calhoun

Hartford, CT

#4 Nov 18, 2008
How tall is Johnnie Bird?
ABC

Hartford, CT

#6 Nov 18, 2008
Joe Zeglinski was the dirtiest player on the court. Dude should have fouled out about 70 times.
UConnMDFan

Rockville, MD

#7 Nov 18, 2008
Jerome Dyson wrote:
Yeah, who needs me anyway, right? Where's that dude today? Busy at work, I'm sure.
I'm actually a pretty good player. I have an all-around game that will make up for my sporadic shooting and I'm looking forward to gettin' in the faces of the McAlarneys, the Reynolds, that punk from my neck of the woods in MD Sam Young, and that kid from Cincy, you know, the gunner with the big mouth, Vaughn.
But first I'm looking forward to facing a really strong Miami team down in the islands, and hopefully we're unbeaten when we face what some ESPN dudes are saying is the best-ever Gonzaga team! Did you all know that game is on CBS? Yeah baby, we're talking a Sweet 16-type game in December!
Oh, it's good to be a Husky. And I'm actually a pretty good player.
Peace, JDice.
Go game,'Rome!!! Go Huskies!
twomiler

Southington, CT

#8 Nov 18, 2008
So which UConn team are we to believe? The one that couldn't figure the 1-3-1 matchup zone for 60 percent of the game or the one that won in a blowout?
PPPP

Roseland, NJ

#9 Nov 18, 2008
twomiler wrote:
So which UConn team are we to believe? The one that couldn't figure the 1-3-1 matchup zone for 60 percent of the game or the one that won in a blowout?
The one that won in a blowout. Games like this are kind of weird. For example, in Big east games, tall, athletic, confident players will try to challenge Thabeet, leading to blocked shots and fast breaks. Hartford already knows they will get their shots blocked, so they stay away. Plus, with Stanley Robinson back for the important part of the season and the kid Majok, who is very very good from what I hear, UConn's depth is impressive. They will foul alot of teams out.
Marcus

Derwood, MD

#10 Nov 18, 2008
Joe Zeglinski wrote:
How come JC never recruits a player like this?
He's 6-foot nuthin', is a very good America East player, but I'd argue he's NOT the next Gerry McNamara. Maybe on a Notre Dame or a Pitt. But Calhoun's game is predicated on defense, athleticism and getting out on the break and Lil' Joe just doesn't fit that mold. I like the kid, though. 3,000 yard rusher in high school, too.
Rich

East Hartford, CT

#11 Nov 18, 2008
It would be nice if Scotty Haralson would show up and maybe sink one of those 3's that he was recruited for.
XYZ

Berlin, CT

#12 Nov 18, 2008
ABC wrote:
Joe Zeglinski was the dirtiest player on the court. Dude should have fouled out about 70 times.
You are getting Joe Zeglinski confused with Adam LaPlaca.
Jim Calhoun

Hartford, CT

#13 Nov 18, 2008
Joe Zeglinski? I'll have to google him.
Waquoit

Columbus, OH

#14 Nov 18, 2008
UHar looked like a pretty good, well-coached team. I'll be rooting for them in America East.
FREDDYKOOL

Palm Coast, FL

#15 Nov 18, 2008
DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ALL COMPLAINING ABOUT, THEY WON BY ALMOST 50.
GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY!!!!!!!
Joan

United States

#16 Nov 18, 2008
How bout those seniors leaving the arena early so they could catch the San Diego State game?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Hartford NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UConn women respond well to Geno's test (Nov '07) Apr '13 BPT 8
Shooting Victim Identified -- Courant.com (Oct '07) Feb '13 seriousbizz 66
BYU coach a big UConn women booster (Dec '07) Jun '11 America Gentleman... 3
Hoops down under: Drake grad Sabia on Australia... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Go Morgan 1
Former MC standout Michael Turner lands with Ge... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Jose Queervo 1
Moms, Dads Urged To Be Stronger Advocates -- Co... (Oct '07) Jul '09 Lew Day 30
Drake U'U to transfer? (May '09) Jun '09 Keith 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

University of Hartford NCAA People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••