Police Found Players With Alcohol

Police Found Players With Alcohol

There are 145 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 28, 2008, titled Police Found Players With Alcohol. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The indefinite suspensions of UConn basketball players Jerome Dyson and Doug Wiggins were triggered by an incident involving alcohol Thursday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Manchester, CT

#148 Jan 29, 2008
UConnJack wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Not to mention the entire Duke Lacrosse team who, although innocent of the rape allegations, were throwing a big drunken party at their frat house.
Way to many people on high horses in this discussion.
You guys are what's wrong with society today. So this makes it all okay??? Idiots!!!!!

Manchester, CT

#149 Jan 29, 2008
3ehhs hornet pride3 wrote:
are you serious with that comment"hoodies" i agree with reno if u think no one drinks underage ur a moron these kids are just being kids this 2 game suspension is strong enough of a punishment, i went to school with dougie hes a very smart respectable kid, and disban the program are u serious show some pride for your state you loser these are good kids and great athletes that will go on to make uconn basketball proud
"Dougie" is a "smart" and "respectable kid"???? So why has he failed not one, but two drug tests in his UCONN career??? Not too smart, and not too respectable!!! You should have pick better people to hang out with in school. Was that special ed class????

New Port Richey, FL

#150 Jan 29, 2008
Low Husky Fan wrote:
Acting suspicious, yea right, sounds like another case of profiling. I guess those cops have nothing better to do with their time. Everyone who posted comments against these student must live in glass houses that are well maintained and shatterproof. "He without sin cast the first stone". Just about all of us have had acohol in a vehecle at one point or another, but just did not get caught. Think again bashers.
Alcohol in a car, also a suspended license! Dumb, Dumb Squared.

Hartford, CT

#151 Jan 29, 2008

Anyone else care to advocate for Dougie and his pal? The worst is yet to come, I'm guessing.

United States

#152 Jan 29, 2008
No, they are thugs,(and it has no racial implications!) It is that simple. The team and the University will be better (short term and long term) without them. Alcohol and narcotics, underaged? My hope is that Coach Calhoon will rebuild an equally talented team with players that respect themselves, and have the ability to follow simple rules and guidlines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Hawks NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Logo in the America East (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mike Sivo 1
News UConn women respond well to Geno's test (Nov '07) Apr '13 BPT 8
News Shooting Victim Identified -- Courant.com (Oct '07) Feb '13 seriousbizz 66
News BYU coach a big UConn women booster (Dec '07) Jun '11 America Gentleman... 3
News Hoops down under: Drake grad Sabia on Australia... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Go Morgan 1
News Former MC standout Michael Turner lands with Ge... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Jose Queervo 1
News Moms, Dads Urged To Be Stronger Advocates -- Co... (Oct '07) Jul '09 Lew Day 30
More from around the web