Iverson gives $100,000 to NN Gun Buy ...

Iverson gives $100,000 to NN Gun Buy Back program

There are 75 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Jan 17, 2008, titled Iverson gives $100,000 to NN Gun Buy Back program. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Basketball star Allen Iverson is donating $100,000 to support the Newport News Police Department's "Gun Buy Back" program, U.S. Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Skyviking

Bridgeport, PA

#63 Jan 17, 2008
Mr. Iverson should give the 100K to an inner-city school to buy it the latest and greatest computers, or maybe fund an arts or computer science teacher for a year. THAT would make a difference, instead of some meaningless money transfers for some chain stores.
btjac2

Dolton, IL

#64 Jan 17, 2008
You would do better arming good honest citizens to defend them against the criminal element, or try enforcing the thousands of gun laws on the books.
monkey

Hampton, VA

#66 Jan 17, 2008
He's doing a lot more than I've done.
I agree that it's a positive attempt on his part to save a life, and a reasonably shoddy article by our local paper.
bbbb

Virginia Beach, VA

#67 Jan 17, 2008
Either we all have guns or none of us do. Outlaw the weapon, not the people.
bbbb

Virginia Beach, VA

#68 Jan 17, 2008
OH,YEAH! It was a tax deduction!
whatever

Annapolis, MD

#69 Jan 18, 2008
bbbb wrote:
Check out the stats, more people die every year from automobiles than from firearms. So, following your logic, while were busy urinating on the Bill of Rights, lets outlaw automobiles - cuz after all, Ted Kennedy cant resist driving drunk.

Your disregard for what the founding fathers considered undeniable, inherent, God-given freedom of the people is alarming and disturbing.
Will Kofa

Virginia Beach, VA

#70 Jan 18, 2008
Interesting development in Los Angeles, the founder of an anti-gun group was just arrested for manufacturing machine guns. Turns out he ties to local gangs and such and was supplying them with weapons. Could we be seeing the same situation here?
Auntiegenie

Newport News, VA

#71 Jan 18, 2008
Did Mr. Iverson happen to sell back HIS guns to the NNPD at the same time while he was doing all this goodwill stuff? I hope he did. I'm sure he did.....well, maybe he thought about doing it.

As I recall, the Fed used refer to such 'donations' as "bribes" when those terrible racketeering people operated in Chicago in the early 1900's? Protection money?

I'm a little old lady in my 100's and need protection.....I also need money...... Big money.... FAST!
Does anyone have Mr. Iverson's home phone #?

Since: Jul 07

Hampton, VA

#72 Jan 18, 2008
Skyviking wrote:
Mr. Iverson should give the 100K to an inner-city school to buy it the latest and greatest computers, or maybe fund an arts or computer science teacher for a year. THAT would make a difference, instead of some meaningless money transfers for some chain stores.
He already does that via the local Boys and Girls club of Newport News, VA.
Pete

United States

#73 Jan 18, 2008
It is the dumb thing to do to pay for weapons. I or anyone can buy a weapon on the street for 10 to 20 dollars. So now you buy it for 100 and they can buy 10 or 5 weapons and still pay for their fix. Are you stupid or just living in a special place? So proud you must be that you can use this program to fool the public!
whatever

United States

#74 Jan 19, 2008
bbbb wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324068,00...

Uh-oh, ready to ban steak knives now?
Time For Sum Action

United States

#75 Jan 19, 2008
Will Kofa wrote:
Question, considering Iverson's past misdeeds, is this someone looking to disarm future victims? Not withstanding the fact that gun buybacks have been shown to useless and wastes of time and money.
His criminal misdeeds needed to be part of the story. It gives us clues to his motivations.
Your a clown!
Amendments

Hampton, VA

#76 Jan 20, 2008
If the second amendment doesn't apply (or needs to be revised) I guess the same could be said for all of them.
Norfolk State grad

Gloucester, VA

#77 Jan 20, 2008
Frau Maria,
Remember this version of gun control? And you wonder why we Ami's are such strong defenders of our 2nd Amendment?

Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons
11 November 1938

With a basis in § 31 of the Weapons Law of 18 March 1928 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p. 265), Article III of the Law on the Reunification of Austria with Germany of 13 March 1938 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p. 237), and § 9 of the Fuhrer and Chancellor's decree on the administration of the Sudeten-German districts of 1 October 1928 (Reichsgesetzblatt 1, p. 1331 ) are the following ordered:

§ 1
Jews (§ 5 of the First Regulations of the German Citizenship Law of 14 November 1935, Reichsgesetzblatt 1, p. 1332) are prohibited from acquiring. Possessing, and carrying firearms and ammunition, as well as truncheons or stabbing weapons. Those now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them over to the local police authority.
§ 2
Firearms and ammunition found in a Jew's possession will be forfeited to the government without compensation.
§ 3
The Minister of the Interior may make exceptions to the Prohibition in § 1 for Jews who are foreign nationals. He can entrust other authorities with this power.
§ 4
Whoever willfully or negligently violates the provisions of § 1 will be punished with imprisonment and a fine. In especially severe cases of deliberate violations, the punishment is imprisonment in a penitentiary for up to five years.
§ 5
For the implementation if this regulation, the Minister of the Interior waives the necessary legal and administrative provisions.
§ 6
This regulation is valid in the state of Austria and in the Sudeten-German districts.

Berlin, 11 November 1938
Minister of the Interior

Frick

whatever

Chesapeake, VA

#78 Jan 20, 2008
Norfolk State grad wrote:
Frau Maria,
Remember this version of gun control? And you wonder why we Ami's are such strong defenders of our 2nd Amendment?
Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons
11 November 1938
With a basis in § 31 of the Weapons Law of 18 March 1928 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p. 265), Article III of the Law on the Reunification of Austria with Germany of 13 March 1938 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p. 237), and § 9 of the Fuhrer and Chancellor's decree on the administration of the Sudeten-German districts of 1 October 1928 (Reichsgesetzblatt 1, p. 1331 ) are the following ordered:
§ 1
Jews (§ 5 of the First Regulations of the German Citizenship Law of 14 November 1935, Reichsgesetzblatt 1, p. 1332) are prohibited from acquiring. Possessing, and carrying firearms and ammunition, as well as truncheons or stabbing weapons. Those now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them over to the local police authority.
§ 2
Firearms and ammunition found in a Jew's possession will be forfeited to the government without compensation.
§ 3
The Minister of the Interior may make exceptions to the Prohibition in § 1 for Jews who are foreign nationals. He can entrust other authorities with this power.
§ 4
Whoever willfully or negligently violates the provisions of § 1 will be punished with imprisonment and a fine. In especially severe cases of deliberate violations, the punishment is imprisonment in a penitentiary for up to five years.
§ 5
For the implementation if this regulation, the Minister of the Interior waives the necessary legal and administrative provisions.
§ 6
This regulation is valid in the state of Austria and in the Sudeten-German districts.
Berlin, 11 November 1938
Minister of the Interior
Frick
To the people who dont understand this post, think "reasonable" gun is a good idea, and wish the second amendment did exist: BAAAAA BAAAA BAAAA!!!! Your all sheeple!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Jul '16 Brown eyed girl 1124 85
News Legree's four TD passes lead Hampton past N.C. ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 HU pride 1
News Former Santa Fe standout Pellum gives back to t... (Jul '10) Aug '10 BIg Chief 6
News FOOTBALL: Familiar face lends hand at Santa Fe ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 deathvalley 5
News Friends, family remember Hampton University's T... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Brittany 4
News Pope's NFL pursuit (Jun '09) Jun '09 xyz 1
News Two HU athletes headed to NCAA track and field ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Captain Like 3
More from around the web