Ohio 97, Georgetown 83: Madness strik...

Ohio 97, Georgetown 83: Madness strikes Ohio | BuckeyeXtra

There are 14 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 19, 2010, titled Ohio 97, Georgetown 83: Madness strikes Ohio | BuckeyeXtra. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Armon Bassett was moments removed from helping No.14 seed Ohio University pull one of the great upsets in NCAA Tournament history- a 97-83 shellacking of No.3 Georgetown last night in the first round of the Midwest Regional - yet he repeated what he had been telling his teammates for days.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

richard fish athens oh

South Ozone Park, NY

#1 Mar 19, 2010
well lets see if the dispatch gives the o.u. team moe then a 2x2 inch write up or is there still some waterboys on the football team we haven't covered with a full page spread?
bobcat fans

Dublin, OH

#2 Mar 19, 2010
Yeah.....Go Cats!!!! Maybe we get to Ohio State in the round of 16. Sweet!!!

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#3 Mar 19, 2010
Great win Bobcats! As an alum, I couldn't be happier. Biggest win for the program in 40 years. They didn't just pull of an upset, they completely dominated Georgetown!
Terp

United States

#4 Mar 19, 2010
Fantastic game! Go Bobcats!
cliff cabbage

Lancaster, OH

#5 Mar 19, 2010
once again all the pundits jump on the georgetown bandwagon and once again they go down in flames. GO bobcats.
I Fly Too Much

Astoria, NY

#6 Mar 19, 2010
How About Them Bobcats!
WestCoastDon

Costa Mesa, CA

#7 Mar 19, 2010
A hearty congratulations to the Bobcats for this tremendous victory. You've made all of Ohio very proud. Good luck tomorrow.

Let's hope the Buckeyes keep the Ohio magic going tonight.
Cover your eyes

Defiance, OH

#8 Mar 19, 2010
richard fish athens oh wrote:
well lets see if the dispatch gives the o.u. team moe then a 2x2 inch write up or is there still some waterboys on the football team we haven't covered with a full page spread?
no one cares about minor league ohio u
Ron Hatch

Mooresville, NC

#9 Mar 19, 2010
Great victory for Ohio University. As an oldie but goodie Ohio U. alum I am delighted. Biggest win since 1964 when Ohio U. upset Louisville and Kentucky and finished in the NCAA elite 8. I had the pleasure of being on Campus then and saw every home game in Grover center. I remember the headlines in the Louisville Courier. Cardnials draw team from the hills. I moved on to Columbus and was an employee at The Dispatch and I am also a huge Ohio State fan in all sports. Nice story Tim. I know Bob Hunter is a happy camper too. Go Bobcats and Buckeyes.
Daniel

United States

#10 Mar 19, 2010
Congratulations to the OU Bobcats!
Brutus

Monclova, OH

#11 Mar 19, 2010
Ohio, Xavier, won. Next will be the buckeyes tonight. Why did Ohio drop the university in their name?

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#12 Mar 19, 2010
Brutus wrote:
Ohio, Xavier, won. Next will be the buckeyes tonight. Why did Ohio drop the university in their name?
They didn't, many people just refer to them as Ohio. Ohio University....the original OU. Many people also think of OU as Oklahoma University. It's Ohio University.
Ron

United States

#13 Mar 19, 2010
Cover your eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
no one cares about minor league ohio u
No one cares about minor insight, either. Great job, Ohio! Hope Bucks and Bobcats do the state proud.
Ace

Astoria, NY

#14 Mar 19, 2010
Congratulations to the Bobcats and Xavier Musketeers. There are other teams than OSU in Ohio. Ohio University is more than just a party school at least this year. And they will be getting Clark Kellogg's sons (Alex and Nick) playing there next year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sleeping with the Enemy: The Golden Eagles of M... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Peter 1
News Former H.S. Coach Says Natalie Butler A Good Fi... (May '14) May '14 Martin Fallon 1
News Hoyas close out rivalry with rout (Mar '13) Mar '13 Dombridges 1
News Villanova all but punches ticket to NCAA tourna... (Mar '13) Mar '13 B money 1
News College Hoops Team of the Week: Villanova Wildcats (Jan '13) Jan '13 Chucky Chuck Rock... 1
News Georgetown women's basketball preview (Nov '12) Nov '12 HOYA FAN 2
News New Orleans Has Had Some Great Final Fours (Mar '12) Mar '12 laserboxguy 1
More from around the web