OSU men's basketball: Lighty's 25 lead rout of George Mason | BuckeyeXtra

Jared Sullinger and Jon Diebler whoop it up after Diebler's three-pointer at the end of the first half gave Ohio State a 52-26 lead. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Foster is okay

Newark, OH

#1 Mar 20, 2011
Great win Buckeyes.
lets compare facts

Ada, OH

#2 Mar 20, 2011
You know it was a good game when you don't remember any of the opponent's names.
kenmore

Barberton, OH

#3 Mar 20, 2011
To whom it may concern, ie "the jet and sir charles" that would be you TEMPO SCHEMPO!!!!
zappa912

Sylvania, OH

#4 Mar 20, 2011
Great team performance again Buckeyes. Really liked Coach Matta's substitution pattern and full court pressure today. Hope he keeps it up. Now let's show Kentucky what real team basketball is all about.They are a terrific team but erratic. They play like the freshman they are, which can be good or bad, depending on whether their shots are dropping. They will be a great challenge to our outstanding team defense. Way to play so far. Go Bucks--beat the cats. PROUD TO BE A BUCKEYE.
Brutus

United States

#5 Mar 20, 2011
I am happy I don't have to hear anymore Jim Larranaga's pre-game or halftime speeches. They were annoying. Dave Lighty was on fire today missing only one shot from the field. It was good seeing Lauderdale and Sullinger sharing the minutes. Wisconsin and OSU are in the sweet 16. Mi almost pulled it off against Dook. Dook doesn't impress me at all. Let's see if ILL and Purdue can win tonight.
Buckeye Dave in NC

Kernersville, NC

#6 Mar 20, 2011
It was unfortunate that Hancock got food poisoning would havbe liked to see himn play (he played high school ball at my daughters school in Virgina before Hargrave). Somehow there will be an NCAA investigation to see if the preparer of the food has ties to a tattoo parlor in Columbus.

Enjoying reading the comments on ESPN's website. Actually for once not many saying the OSU is going down in the next game, most taking the "it will be a great game" tact. Would prefer that everyone keeps doubting them but it is is getting harder. With Michigan hanging with Duke today everyone should be concerned given Ohio State handled Michigan three times (I know, they were not blowouts but still better than a two point victory or winning in OT like Kansas.

Cannot wait for Friday. Hope it is later in the day, do not want to take a full half day off to watch.
Little Sister

Chico, CA

#7 Mar 20, 2011
Remember that you read it here first. If Ohio State continues their onslaught on the three point line the basketball coaches in the United States will start hollering for the NCAA to move the line back. They don't understand just how good these long distance missile launchers for the Buckeyes really are. There isn't anybody I dislike more than Dickie Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, but I gotta borrow his favorite ... AWESOME BABY.
Heterosexual Mike

Columbus, OH

#8 Mar 20, 2011
I LOVE TheSE guys and I'm not even gay!
Brutus

United States

#9 Mar 20, 2011
Little Sister wrote:
Remember that you read it here first. If Ohio State continues their onslaught on the three point line the basketball coaches in the United States will start hollering for the NCAA to move the line back. They don't understand just how good these long distance missile launchers for the Buckeyes really are. There isn't anybody I dislike more than Dickie Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, but I gotta borrow his favorite ... AWESOME BABY.
Buford had a rough start, but he kept shooting and finished well. Too bad we couldn't hit 100 pts. Go bucks beat the wildcats.
mikey

Reynoldsburg, OH

#10 Mar 20, 2011
Awesome!:)
Best Buckeye Fan

Columbus, OH

#11 Mar 20, 2011
Nice to see that Tressel isn't dragging down the basketball teams.
Family Guy

Dublin, OH

#12 Mar 20, 2011
Best Buckeye Fan wrote:
Nice to see that Tressel isn't dragging down the basketball teams.
Didn't know we Buckeye fans had two teams.
big 2 differ

Westerville, OH

#13 Mar 20, 2011
Brutus wrote:
I am happy I don't have to hear anymore Jim Larranaga's pre-game or halftime speeches. They were annoying. Dave Lighty was on fire today missing only one shot from the field. It was good seeing Lauderdale and Sullinger sharing the minutes. Wisconsin and OSU are in the sweet 16. Mi almost pulled it off against Dook. Dook doesn't impress me at all. Let's see if ILL and Purdue can win tonight.
did you mention Purdookie? How about that Matt Painter -- Big Ten Coach of the Year!!!
Little Sister

Chico, CA

#14 Mar 20, 2011
Brutus ... Purdue and Illinois are a no and a hell no.
Megabux

New York, NY

#15 Mar 20, 2011
Bucks were great today, period! Totally agree with Coach Pitino at halftime who gave them their just due only to have Kenny "Mark May" Smith try pitifully to proclaim OSU's weaknesses and Charles Barkley say "Let's not carried away with just one game." Well Chuck, how about 34 friggin' games??? Having said that, we likely will have to defeat Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, and Kansas to win the National Title. We will have to be great to accomplish that and if we do, then we should go down not only as a great team but one of the great teams ever at 38 - 2 and having beaten the SEC Champ, both ACC regular season and tournament champs and the Big 12 Champ in the tournament. GO BUCKS!!!
Bob Goldwin

Chicago, IL

#16 Mar 20, 2011
As great a win as it was, I am most happy about Eddie Days getting his first points as a Buckeye!!!!
kenmore

Barberton, OH

#17 Mar 20, 2011
They don't want you to have it so their making it very hard to earn OH.
zappa912

Sylvania, OH

#18 Mar 20, 2011
I don't listen to the "analysts" or the game announcers anymore(with a few exceptions of course) so I sleep well at night. I know enough about basketball to be dangerous so I do not care what the experts think of the Buckeyes. I think they are one hell of a basketball team. They are a well-coached, unselfish and very talented team that has played one game at a time all year. Now their laser focus is on the uk wildcats. I like our chances. This IS the year of the Buckeyes. GO BUCKS!!!
Brutus

United States

#19 Mar 20, 2011
Hey Larranaga, tell your team not to talk trash next time.

“They were talking a little junk and it ticked us off a little bit and we ended up going back to our style of play on defense.”

The George Mason bench was all smiles as the Buckeyes missed three of their first four shots and Jared Sullinger turned the ball over three times while also picking up his first foul on the offensive end. They had the No. 1-ranked team in the country on its heels, but they picked the wrong time to start talking trash.

“Absolutely, you see what we did afterwards,” senior Dallas Lauderdale said.

“We haven’t run into a team that talked trash yet, all season. We hadn’t run into a team that talked that much trash. That’s just the way they play, we don’t play that way. We didn’t talk any trash back, we just finished the game.”
Brutus

United States

#20 Mar 20, 2011
- Lighty’s 100.0 percent shooting mark from beyond the arc (7-for-7) is also the best single-game
mark in Ohio State NCAA Tournament history.

- Based on a minimum seven three-pointers made, Lighty’s seven three-pointers in seven attempts is the second-best single-game shooting percentage in NCAA Tournament history, trailing only John Goldsberry, who was 8-for-8 for UNC Wilmington against Maryland on March 21, 2003. Sam Cassell had also gone 7-for-7 for Florida State vs. Tulane (3/20/93).

- George Mason and Ohio State met for the fourth time with the Buckeyes owning a 4-0 series lead after Ohio State’s 98-66 victory today.

- Ohio State’s 16 three-pointers is the fifth-best single-game mark in NCAA Tournament history entering this year’s tournament.

- Ohio State’s 61.5 three-point shooting percentage set a new NCAA Tournament single-game school-record.

- The Buckeyes 26 three-point attempts sets a new school NCAA Tournament mark, surpassing Ohio State’s 25 attempts vs. Sienna (3/20/09).

- Ohio State’s 16 three-pointers broke the Buckeyes NCAA Tournament school record established vs. UTSA (3/18/11). Ohio State now has recorded 28 three-pointers in the tournament this season.

- Ohio State’s 23 assists are the second-best single-game NCAA Tournament mark in school history, only being surpassed by the Buckeyes 26 assists vs. UTSA (3/18/11).

- The Buckeyes have now registered 49 assists in two tournament games this season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Mason Patriots NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Game preview: Ohio State vs. George Mason | Buc... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Foster is okay 2
Ohio State notebook: George Mason doesn't plan ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Little Sister 16
Men's basketball: Patriots chart own course | B... (Mar '11) Mar '11 FLABUCK 3
Patriots tested but keep the streak alive (Feb '11) Feb '11 Rob 1
Patriots aim to extend nation's longest winning... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Laura 1
Patriots look sharp in routing the Pride (Feb '11) Feb '11 MasonAlum 1
Noel didn't want to go out this way (Mar '06) Mar '10 J4KWJ3EK 2
More from around the web