Gillispie's task getting harder, and ...

Gillispie's task getting harder, and it's early yet

There are 66 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Dec 6, 2007, titled Gillispie's task getting harder, and it's early yet. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

Remember the shirt that University of Kentucky alum Ashley Judd wore a few years ago, the one that read, 'This is what a feminist looks like'? After news broke that talented freshman Alex Legion was leaving ... via The Courier-Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
janice wyrick

Evansville, IN

#1 Dec 6, 2007
i think our new coach needs to crack the whip harder and on off days work the boys so hard they won't ever want to loose! the problem is once they get the scholarship its all down hill. they should want to win as bad as we the fans do. To wear the UK colors is an honor many would like but few get the chance. Come on boys get your heart in the game and your shots will hit all the time,ask any UK champion you have to care. I haven't seen it yet.
The Orange

Midlothian, VA

#2 Dec 7, 2007
Gillispie is a bad fit a UK. He likes to win.
luther

Leitchfield, KY

#3 Dec 15, 2007
The Orange wrote:
Gillispie is a bad fit a UK. He likes to win.
coach Gillispie is a perfect fit for u.k.and win he will.the program is down this year,and anyone that understands college basketball at all,should have known it would be.coach Gillispie will build this program into a powerhouse in the next 2 or 3 years.billy g.and u.k.a perfect fit.
The Orange

Midlothian, VA

#4 Dec 16, 2007
Exactly, you are the only one who actually believes UK is down. They start two walk-ons for crying out loud.
devon

AOL

#5 Dec 17, 2007
The Orange wrote:
Exactly, you are the only one who actually believes UK is down. They start two walk-ons for crying out loud.
i have been telling you they are down for two weeks there orangeman , and you kept coming back with statements as if they are good team getting their butts kicked. tubby left a big mess. 2 seniors who play like underclassmen , 1 junior who is still a project and he is a 7 footer. the best five are freshman and 2 of the best sophmores are hurt. heck , syracuse loses one star and their season is in trouble. this kentucky team is playing for next year. you seem to think kentucky is NIT. this team will be lucky to break even. the great thing is just like every year , this year they play a tough schedule and these kids are getting their feet wet. kentucky will be back. just like pitino had to clean up suttons mess , so must billy g clean up tubbys mess.
The Orange

Midlothian, VA

#6 Dec 18, 2007
We have the most talent in the country but our challenge is to make everyone stay.
devon

AOL

#7 Dec 18, 2007
The Orange wrote:
We have the most talent in the country but our challenge is to make everyone stay.
we would have talent too if tubby had done his job correctly.

Since: Nov 07

Miami via Cuba

#8 Dec 18, 2007
I looked up SUCK in the Dictionary. There was a picure and there was a picture of the 2007-2008 team with Billy G. hahaha
truekyfan

Georgetown, KY

#9 Dec 19, 2007
Tony Montana, you are so smart !!!!! Billy G. was hired because he supposably can take a bad team and make them great. He is off to a good start so far ( KY is 4-5) hahahahaha !!! Anyway everyone always talks about the big turn arounds he has had at programs. let's not forget that at Texas A&m the big 6 win season was a billy g coached team . The league he was in is no way comparable to the S.E.C . So this time it won't be easy. FIRE Billy G. and hire Travis Ford !!!!!!
The Orange

Midlothian, VA

#10 Dec 19, 2007
True Dat. 4-5!!!!!! Syracuse has NEVER had a losing record 9 games through.
devon

AOL

#11 Dec 19, 2007
truekyfan wrote:
Tony Montana, you are so smart !!!!! Billy G. was hired because he supposably can take a bad team and make them great. He is off to a good start so far ( KY is 4-5) hahahahaha !!! Anyway everyone always talks about the big turn arounds he has had at programs. let's not forget that at Texas A&m the big 6 win season was a billy g coached team . The league he was in is no way comparable to the S.E.C . So this time it won't be easy. FIRE Billy G. and hire Travis Ford !!!!!!
i guess all those experienced upper class man that tubby left billy g really havent panned out. he has so many to work with and they should be ranked in the top 5 right now with all that experience.
YOU DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT BASKETBALL DO YOU ? do you think pitino won a championship his first few years with suttons players ? give billy a chance to recruit his players and build his team. tubbys mess isnt fixable in one season.
The Orange

Midlothian, VA

#12 Dec 21, 2007
Seriously 4-5 is pitiful. I would be embarrassed to wear a UK shirt.
devon

AOL

#13 Dec 21, 2007
The Orange wrote:
the embarrassment came last year. tubby being one of if not the highest paid coach in ncaa , and he just wanted to keep rebuilding. always getting shunned by the big recruits , losing double digits every year , and never contending for the championship.
The Orange

Midlothian, VA

#14 Dec 22, 2007
Yea, I was looking at there recruits and Tubby was getting 1 and 2 stars. What the hell Tubby you are coaching UK get a decent player! What I don't understand is why Billy G plays that Porter and that Coury kid. Makes no sense.
devon

AOL

#15 Dec 22, 2007
The Orange wrote:
Yea, I was looking at there recruits and Tubby was getting 1 and 2 stars. What the hell Tubby you are coaching UK get a decent player! What I don't understand is why Billy G plays that Porter and that Coury kid. Makes no sense.
in time it will be fixed

“Is truth stranger then fiction”

Since: Oct 07

Campbellsville

#16 Dec 31, 2007
The Orange wrote:
I wouldn't mind the looses if the teams were at least average. UK was 25 or 30 point favorite and lost to Gardner Web. One of the worst lost in history. Tubby never lost to teams with RPI so low.

Notice how the Fans will turn on their current UK players, in order to defend the new guy Billy G. I would never want any of my children playing for UK. They treat players like live stock.

“Is truth stranger then fiction”

Since: Oct 07

Campbellsville

#17 Dec 31, 2007
devon wrote:
<quoted text>
in time it will be fixed
UK has time to start looking for another coach. UK boosters going to have to find a way to get rid of this guy....maybe hide a few beers bottles in his locker or something.

For now let's keep blaming the players. Let's call them lazy and unintelligent. Tubby wild and crazy players haven't brought into Billy system yet.
devon

AOL

#18 Dec 31, 2007
Bradley10 wrote:
<quoted text>
UK has time to start looking for another coach. UK boosters going to have to find a way to get rid of this guy....maybe hide a few beers bottles in his locker or something.
For now let's keep blaming the players. Let's call them lazy and unintelligent. Tubby wild and crazy players haven't brought into Billy system yet.
based on your logic , rick pitino should have been fired his first year at kentucky . you seem to think billy g is suppose to be magic and snap his fingers. turning the recruits that TUBBY recruited into superstars. bet you think michael jordan didnt travel a lot too and i bet you have no idea what palming is either. learn the game son. you are ignorant about what it takes to play and coach the college game. if tubby was at any other big time college program , he would have been canned long before he got a chance to destroy the team.
The Orange

Midlothian, VA

#19 Jan 1, 2008
People I don't hate UK I really don't!!!! Billy G is a great recruiter. Absolutley phenomenal. He can't coach, he just can't. His players look lost and so does he. I think you guys will go to some sweet 16 and elite eights but you guys will never get a championship with him. He can't coach. He is a raw coach but a remarkable recruiter. He did good at A&M and UTEP but he isn't a good enough COACH to make a big run. Stay calm UK fans. Boeheim came in to Syracuse and he has turned us into a powerhouse program. Just stay calm good things will come but not GREAT things will come with Billy.
devon

AOL

#20 Jan 1, 2008
The Orange wrote:
People I don't hate UK I really don't!!!! Billy G is a great recruiter. Absolutley phenomenal. He can't coach, he just can't. His players look lost and so does he. I think you guys will go to some sweet 16 and elite eights but you guys will never get a championship with him. He can't coach. He is a raw coach but a remarkable recruiter. He did good at A&M and UTEP but he isn't a good enough COACH to make a big run. Stay calm UK fans. Boeheim came in to Syracuse and he has turned us into a powerhouse program. Just stay calm good things will come but not GREAT things will come with Billy.
you are a clown in an orange suit and if i wanted to see a clown , i would have went to a circus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gardner-Webb University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Previewing the Mississippi State Bulldog Defense (Nov '13) Nov '13 dogs get your 1
News SoCon Roundup: Citadel makes a statement, tops ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 LuLu 1
News GWU drops nail-biter at Coastal Carolina (Jan '12) Jan '12 Mary Ann Whitfield 1
News Brown and Jacobs highlight Big South All-Confer... (Feb '11) Feb '11 chase 1
News Today's Games (Nov '10) Nov '10 video Message 1
News 'Dogs go to the mat, rule MEL (Feb '10) Feb '10 671 Vacan 2
News GWU football gameday (Oct '09) Oct '09 I Hate Syracuse 1
More from around the web