Aggies fall at Fresno State

Fresno State's Jalen Saunders catches a long pass over New Mexico State cornerback Jonte Green to set up a Bulldog TD. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hal Mumme

United States

#3 Oct 17, 2010
I think NMSU had it's bowl game. The game against the Lobos. Probablly the only game they'll win this year. Walker should do as Menzies does. Recruit from outside the U.S. and maybe he can find a stud RB in canada or find a WR with 4.2 speed in Zimbabwe. Hell I bet he can find a tough, LB from the outback in Australia.
leonard

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Oct 17, 2010
Sick, sick.I wonder if the Aggies will show up on home coming game??????????
Just Sayin

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Oct 17, 2010
Article could as easily been titled, "Aggies Bend Over at Fresno State".
wow

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Oct 17, 2010
Terrible ... "F"
hunkie boy

Rialto, CA

#7 Oct 17, 2010
as i said before,theres nothing in new mexico to recruit good athletes,the home athletes are not that good,athletes today want the south beach ,LA atmosphere,new mexico offeres very little.
MadHatt77

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Oct 17, 2010
Did you all watch the game or are you just looking at the score? This is definitely an Aggie program on the move.

Yes, it was a loss and yes, it was expected against Fresno State, but the Defense had some spectacular stops in the second half and held Fresno scoreless for the second half minus a field goal. Against a team with Fresno, that is a good sign of improvement.

The Offense still needs some work, but Special Teams is looking pretty good. I am confident that under Walker NMSU Football will continue to improve.

I think we have 3 winnable games left in the season: Idaho, San Jose, and L.A. Tech. We may not win them all, but I fully believe the Aggies have a good chance of competing in and winning these games.
kinz

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Oct 17, 2010
MadHatt77 wrote:
Did you all watch the game or are you just looking at the score? This is definitely an Aggie program on the move.
Yes, it was a loss and yes, it was expected against Fresno State, but the Defense had some spectacular stops in the second half and held Fresno scoreless for the second half minus a field goal. Against a team with Fresno, that is a good sign of improvement.
The Offense still needs some work, but Special Teams is looking pretty good. I am confident that under Walker NMSU Football will continue to improve.
I think we have 3 winnable games left in the season: Idaho, San Jose, and L.A. Tech. We may not win them all, but I fully believe the Aggies have a good chance of competing in and winning these games.
30 - 3 at the half and somehow we stopped the defense came up big in the second half. Maybe the other guys quit trying. "definitely an Aggie program on the move" wow.
Season Ticket Holders

Santo Domingo Pueblo, NM

#11 Oct 17, 2010
MadHatt77 wrote:
Yeah, we watched. Put us to sleep. I think it was 23-3 when we finally turned it off. BORING.
Aggie Fan

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Oct 17, 2010
MadHatt77 wrote:
Did You watch the game??? Most of the first half was pretty embarrassing !!!!!(sorry the entire game was a disgrace). The ESPN announcer was pretty astonished to bring up the statics of how Fresno had x number of yards gained on plays in the first quarter, AND THE AGGIES WERE IN THE NEGATIVE. OMG, give me a break. Put this horse and us out of it's misery. Bring on the Basketball team.
knowitall

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Oct 17, 2010
MadHatt77 wrote:

Okay, which Athletics Department employee are you?

Since: Dec 09

Las Vegas, NV

#14 Oct 17, 2010
You people are crazy! This Aggie team is slowly improving. First, this team has built confidence and played with confidence. Second, the special teams team got going. Third, the defense has been consistent and played with heart and passion. I don't think you people saw the game last night but Fresno State could do nothing against the Aggie D the last 30 minutes. Now it is time for the offense to pick up the slack. The Aggies had chances to score, they just couldn't capitalize. The offense needs to learn what to do with the ball and how to punch it in for 6. It would've been an interesting ball game if the offense did their job like the defense did. Next week at Idaho we will see an Aggie football team we've never seen before. This program has almost turned things around. I can't wait for Saturday's game!
GO AGGIES!!!!
hunkie boy

Rialto, CA

#15 Oct 17, 2010
Is there a time frame on this program? can it go another 50 years with a bowl bid?
Former Resident Pee J

Kihei, HI

#16 Oct 17, 2010
Manley obviously isn't quite ready for the big time.
MadHatt77

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Oct 17, 2010
Former Resident Pee J wrote:
Very true ... but then the entire O-line needs some more work. 5 fumbles and 2 turn-overs from them is pretty ugly. They have a lot of work to do, but I still think the program has promise under Walker and is moving forward ... certainly a whole lot more promise than under Mumme's guidance and his one trick pony offense.
Give Boston another raise

Las Cruces, NM

#18 Oct 17, 2010
Cut classes, salaries and faculty positions and give Boston another raise.
Pee J is a tool

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Oct 17, 2010
Former Resident Pee J wrote:
He's a freshman with his first start. He's got the tools.
AGGIES 08

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Oct 17, 2010
Yep there they were on TV for all to see just
what a sorry program NMSU has. The announcers
tried to find positives in the pregame and during
the pregame but when you just flat out s-u-c-k
well then you flat out s-u-c-k.

The lone Aggie touchdown came when the starters
had long gone and was meaningless.

Maybe 2 wins left this season.
sincamisa

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Oct 17, 2010
Weird and sad. The Saggies are the second worst team in the nation and the best team in New Mexico.
Las Cruces

Albuquerque, NM

#24 Oct 18, 2010
sincamisa wrote:
Weird and sad. The Saggies are the second worst team in the nation and the best team in New Mexico.
I would not bet on that. Probably could be beaten by Western or Eastern!
leonard

Las Cruces, NM

#25 Oct 18, 2010
We would of won if Fresno touch downs did not count. Just not right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California State University, Fresno NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raiders tab rookie Derek Carr as starting QB Sep '14 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Derek Carr will start the opener Sep '14 Reggie McWTF 1
Matt McGloin Still Offers Considerable Value fo... May '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 2
The Oakland Raiders really like Derek Carr (Mar '14) May '14 Darkness Falls 9
Oakland Raiders: 2nd day draft reaction May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Kawakami: Oakland Raiders must find QB (Mar '14) Mar '14 Phoenix Ascended 27
Teddy Bridgewater could wind up with the Vikings (Mar '14) Mar '14 viking nation 15

California State University, Fresno NCAA People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE