LSU adds Fresno State to complete 200...

LSU adds Fresno State to complete 2006 schedule

There are 83 comments on the The Shreveport Times story from Feb 3, 2006, titled LSU adds Fresno State to complete 2006 schedule. In it, The Shreveport Times reports that:

From Staff Reports BATON ROUGE - Fresno State will visit Tiger Stadium for the first time in LSU football history on Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Shreveport Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
tim

AOL

#1 Feb 13, 2006
good
Steve Burnes

King City, CA

#2 Jul 6, 2006
I've been to LSU and its stadium. This would be a rough game for any Bulldog team, much less a squad with an inexperienced QB, and riding a four-game losing streak. Still...hope springs eternal for all Bulldog fans, so "Go Dogs!"
Rusdawg

Cabot, AR

#3 Jul 9, 2006
Who cares about Fresno State. LSU better worry about traveling to Tennessee, Florida, and not to mention having to face a much improved Auburn team. WAR GATOR NATIION.
will

Cutler, CA

#4 Jul 16, 2006
Rusdawg wrote:
Who cares about Fresno State. LSU better worry about traveling to Tennessee, Florida, and not to mention having to face a much improved Auburn team. WAR GATOR NATIION.
lets see... who cares about fresno state? Most Fresnans. Who cares about florida.... probably most people in florida. Dont say idiotic things anymore.
Rusdawg

Cabot, AR

#5 Jul 18, 2006
will wrote:
<quoted text>
lets see... who cares about fresno state? Most Fresnans. Who cares about florida.... probably most people in florida. Dont say idiotic things anymore.
Hey Will, I'm sorry ma'am. I understand that this must me a touchy subject. Let me prescribe some Vagisil for your burning itch. FSU needs to reconsider playing out of conference versus the SEC. There will be 4 preseason teams ranked in the top 10, and LSU is at the top of that list.
Eagle

Hayneville, AL

#6 Jul 18, 2006
"War eagle", but i gotta pull for LSU or any sec team in an outta conference game. I watched the LSU quarterback in the first-half of their bowl game against Miami and I'd say the boys got potential. LSU will be as good as always. "Go Tigers"
Jess - San Francisco - CA

Daly City, CA

#7 Aug 6, 2006
Rusdawg wrote:
That's exactly the attitude you folks from Louisiana need to take when thinking about a mid-major opponent, like Fresno State, coming into your house. Ask Wisconsin, Colorado, Kansas State, Cal, USC, Virginia...I could keep going. My point is simply to remember this comment when LSU takes the "L" on their schedule while Fresno State is relishing in the victory on our way back to California, which will make them 7-0 on their way to a BCS bowl game. You have to think big, right?
Bulldog Fan and Critic

Reedley, CA

#8 Aug 9, 2006
It's fun to be in the limelight, even if you have to take a bad licking. Right, Pat Hill?
Big D

Plaucheville, LA

#9 Aug 9, 2006
Hey Jess or should I say Jessica because I assume you are a girl with that much pep and spirit for your Fresno State boys. The SEC has something you guys lack...pin your ears back, hard-nosed, nasty defense. If you come all the way from Cali to see this game, be ready for some down-home dirty southern hospitality from some dudes that have never surfed before and don't care to either type attitude. The only legitiamte defense on the West coast is at the University of California. Down here we hit first and ask questions later. Can't wait to see ya in Baton Rouge Jessica!
Eagle

Hayneville, AL

#10 Aug 13, 2006
Big D wrote:
Hey Jess or should I say Jessica because I assume you are a girl with that much pep and spirit for your Fresno State boys. The SEC has something you guys lack...pin your ears back, hard-nosed, nasty defense. If you come all the way from Cali to see this game, be ready for some down-home dirty southern hospitality from some dudes that have never surfed before and don't care to either type attitude. The only legitiamte defense on the West coast is at the University of California. Down here we hit first and ask questions later. Can't wait to see ya in Baton Rouge Jessica!
lol
Steve Burnes

Monterey, CA

#11 Aug 15, 2006
Hey Big D,

Where do you think Cal's coach came from? He brought the "D" he learned from somewhere else, and turned around that sad program.

I recognize you are from Arkansas, but maybe you can ask somesone else to do your research assignment: which is to "figure it out."

Next time, try thinking more, and ranting less. You won't look so foolish.
Eagle

Hayneville, AL

#12 Aug 15, 2006
LSU wins. This is not a prediction, but a prophecy.
Elderwood 1

Ivanhoe, CA

#13 Aug 22, 2006
Hey Eagle 3, Where'd you learn English? Prediction and prophecy are synonymous,(that means the same) but I like your thinking. You should have read the garbage spouted by those arrogant sportswriters from So. Ca. last year. Better hope your guys don't get too beaten up by those other "bad" SEC teams, or you might be eating crow instead of possum
Eagle

Hayneville, AL

#14 Aug 23, 2006
Elderwood 1 wrote:
Hey Eagle 3, Where'd you learn English? Prediction and prophecy are synonymous,(that means the same) but I like your thinking. You should have read the garbage spouted by those arrogant sportswriters from So. Ca. last year. Better hope your guys don't get too beaten up by those other "bad" SEC teams, or you might be eating crow instead of possum
Prophecies come to pass. Are you my english teaher from 6th grade? I know what a synonym is, Elderwood.
Just watch what happens, Elderwood or should I say Mrs. Jones.
Bulldog Fan and Critic

Reedley, CA

#15 Aug 29, 2006
Enjoy the plane ride home, Bulldog Boys!
Jevans

United States

#16 Aug 29, 2006
SEC? Last time they had an undefeated team, they weren't even invited to the big game. Glad to see at least one SEC team schedule Fresno State. Those Auburn-Buffalo and Louisiana-Lafayette-LSU games have me on pins and needles. The last time Fresno State tried to schedule a game against the SEC, Auburn got scared and turned them down. Had to get that big Western Kentucky team into town..
Broadway Joe

United States

#17 Aug 29, 2006
Eagle3 wrote:
LSU wins. This is not a prediction, but a prophecy.
It Won't be easy for LSU, Fresno st. gets up for big games. Pat Hill can coach he takes nobody's and wins big games.
Elderwood 1

Ivanhoe, CA

#18 Aug 31, 2006
There's a huge downside to having 4 teams in the top 10, they're going to beat the crap out of each other. By the time LSU plays Fresno, the 7th game, they'll have played florida,(I hope they destroy florida, it's an orange juice thing) and auburn, not to mention
well, I won't mention it because I can't remember(old age thing). I'd almost bet that LSU"s QB won't be around for the 7th game. So Fresno will be playing a decimated, at least limping LSU. And don't give me that garbage about "that oughta be enough," because it won't be. But that's why they play the game.
Broadway Joe

United States

#19 Aug 31, 2006
Limping or not LSU better win or the SEC looks very Bad my friend.
Eagle

Hayneville, AL

#20 Sep 1, 2006
SEC is the most powerful conference in the land. Everyone knows this fact. Fresno St. is a good ball team, but if you want to beat LSU then you better "pack a lunch" because your gonna be there a while!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fresno State Bulldogs Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Women's basketball to take on No. 5 seeded Geor... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Norman 1
News George's Dunk Lands No. 1 Play of the Day on Sp... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Lorenzo Goines 1
Womens Bball Signee (Feb '07) Feb '07 Pengee 1
News Bottom line suffers along with 'Dogs (Dec '06) Dec '06 Bulldog Fan and C... 1
News Letters to Sports (Dec '06) Dec '06 Bulldog Fan and C... 1
News Wins Could Help Interim Bulldogs Coach Mar '06 Cosmo Cochran 1
More from around the web