UCLA flunks history

Full story: Pasadena Star-News
Thrilling returns, blocked kicks, long touchdowns, controversial coaching decisions and a few nail-biting fourth- down plays created an exciting, if not well-executed, afternoon at the Rose Bowl. Full Story
Tom Joyce

Pleasanton, CA

#1 Sep 28, 2008
Sure seemed like more than 13000 red shirts in the attendance, they were everywhere and brought the band. I think the entire population of Fresno came to Pasadena and some missed the stadium.
Traffic in and out of the Bowl was heavy.
The Bruins played a good game but just not good enough and they have learned to run.
Kevin Craft clicked off a few yards in fine fashion. The weather was warm but the people from the valley of San Joaquin thought it was great and loved the lack of humididty.
PHILME

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Sep 29, 2008
"Shaking My Head"

What?!?! No talk about some questionable coaching calls - if this had of been KD, this board would be full...But that's how things work in this society...it's called "Double Standard:.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#3 Sep 29, 2008
PHILME wrote:
"Shaking My Head"
What?!?! No talk about some questionable coaching calls - if this had of been KD, this board would be full...But that's how things work in this society...it's called "Double Standard:.
Umm... I'd venture to guess that it's called "Give the new guy a break, he's barely 4 games into his 1st season."

Besides, the season isn't over until December 6th. At the current rate of improvement, UCLA will be a formidable opponent. Who knows, it may even be for a Rose Bowl berth.
UCLA ROB

Valyermo, CA

#4 Sep 29, 2008
UCLA looked very much improved, I just hope they keep focused each week. They were hanging their head as they made their way into the tunnel after the game, so I know this loss really hurt inside, if not for the fumble at the 10 yard line the Bruins would have gone ahead in the game and who knows what may have happened. Like CPEM says, if UCLA keeps improving the Bruins might just give usc all they can handle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fresno State Bulldogs NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raiders tab rookie Derek Carr as starting QB (Sep '14) Sep '14 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Derek Carr will start the opener (Sep '14) Sep '14 Reggie McWTF 1
Matt McGloin Still Offers Considerable Value fo... (May '14) May '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 2
The Oakland Raiders really like Derek Carr (Mar '14) May '14 Darkness Falls 9
Oakland Raiders: 2nd day draft reaction (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Kawakami: Oakland Raiders must find QB (Mar '14) Mar '14 Phoenix Ascended 27
Teddy Bridgewater could wind up with the Vikings (Mar '14) Mar '14 viking nation 15
More from around the web