Sputtering Aggies grounded in loss to...

Sputtering Aggies grounded in loss to Fresno State

There are 40 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Oct 25, 2009, titled Sputtering Aggies grounded in loss to Fresno State. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

No offense meant no win for the New Mexico State Aggies on Saturday night. The Aggies gained just 45 yards passing on the evening and lost to Fresno State 34-3 on homecoming weekend at NMSU.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AGGIES 08

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Oct 25, 2009
Same old song - same old story!
Absolutely pathetic performance across the board.

You people are clowns!
Update

Palmyra, PA

#2 Oct 25, 2009
Absolutely pathetic football team. NMSU should be playing mayfield instead of college football teams!!!

“Close the Borders”

Since: Jun 08

Out in the County

#3 Oct 25, 2009
Let's just face it, we are no match for Division I football.

Either give up the program entirely or head on back to Pop Warner.

Our local high schools have better programs than NMSU

Embarrassing.
AggieAlumCruces

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Oct 25, 2009
What a sad commentary on what is otherwise a valid sports program in Division 1. The other programs have their stuff together, and the players manage to excel at academics AND their sport, but not the football program. A lot of good aggies got us to the WAC, but the football program just didn't get the memo.
It isn't the coaches. It isn't the defense. It isn't the special team. That leaves the players on the offense folks.
fat chance

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Oct 25, 2009
agreed. the offense is pitiful.. it's just too bad that we can't recruit local talent from our great high schools!
Sad Sack Baggies

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Oct 25, 2009
Now the Athletics Department will spend money it shouldn't spend on advertisements begging people to attend the last few home games so the team will keep its Division One status. To lose is one thing but to not be competitive is something else altogether.
I heard a rumor that Ohio State will start its players' mothers and grandmothers against the Baggies next week.
AGGIES 08

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Oct 25, 2009
SPUTTETING is that what you call it?

How about downright embarrassing on National TV.

The 09 Version of the Aggies is actually more than
laughable - they downright stink.

All the hype, all the coverage and they still - S-U-C-K!

GO AGGIES beat OSU (yeh right)
leonard

Las Cruces, NM

#8 Oct 25, 2009
I believe the coach is telling the players that to save money don't get your uniforms dirty because of the cost of cleaning. Really we have some great talent from our local schools. They have good school records not police records. Last bowl game in the 60, this is just not this year drop the program.

Since: Oct 09

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Oct 25, 2009
Why doesn't NMSU compete at the Division II level? Fans would attend if they were winning. The team isn't bad because the attendance is poor. Attendance is poor because the teams are bad compared to their competition. Let's play at a level that we may have a chance of winning. I guarantee if we were 8-3 in Division II we would have more fans in the stands than 3-8 in Division 1 and getting beat 38-3. And the Aggies are playing Ohio State next. Unbelievable.
JESUS

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Oct 25, 2009
Funny Walker keeps saying that they need to pass the ball more but yet he only calls fourteen pass plays the whole game. Are you kidding me? Fresno kept scoring points and we kept running the ball, what on Earth does that do...stop rotating Walls with Fleming. It doesnt do anything, we didnt score any points with Fleming, we might have moved the ball more but nothing came of it. Walls isnt performing as he should in my opinion because he isnt given the opportunity. How can you when you only throw 8 passes and they are designed to be short gains?
Brigand

United States

#11 Oct 25, 2009
We either don't have the QB, receivers, plays, or coaching to stretch the field out.

When the opposing defensive coaches look at the Aggie offense, they see a very limited Aggie offense: run first, screen pass or a dump off just on the other side of the line of scrimmage. All they have to do to defense the Aggies is bring their players in close to the line of scrimmage and give up a yard or two.

If you can't stretch the field, you can't win regularly unless you are playing the pitiful likes of the UNM Lobos who couldn't beat Mayfield High School on a good day.

I say take the redshirt off the QB on the bench and give him a try. Either that, or pick your poison with one of the two QBs who have been playing and stick with him. No more of this platooning nonsense.
Bulldogs rule

Coarsegold, CA

#12 Oct 25, 2009
Dont be so hard on your team guys.That was one of the better defenses against mathews all year Ive seen....alot better than Hawaii and San jose.
Dont forget you guys just named a new coach in march, he needs time to recover from Hals mess....you dont have the players on offense to do what his offense requires but you'll see a differance next year.
anon

Seattle, WA

#13 Oct 25, 2009
Keep the redshirt on Rust...might as well start Galland....Walls does not have the footspeed, Fleming does not have the accuracy....if you could somehow mold the two of those guys together you'd have what the aggies need :)...Galland isn't as fast as Fleming, nor is his arm as strong as Walls' but he is faster than Walls and more accurate then Fleming...it sure as heck isn't going to be any worse than what they're doing now....create some short roll-outs and screens, use the option a little bit like they did against Fresno St, make the passing plays short yardage (5-10) with some quick outs and crossing patterns ...like walker waid..they need to cmplete some passes to help the running game....what they have this year is the opposite of last year's offense-
nmus fan

Dubois, IN

#14 Oct 25, 2009
After reading the post here and the sports trough,this morning.The qbs'are getting a raw deal.Let's start with the qb coach he calls all the plays,maybe everyone needs to look at that first. How does anyone know that Walls has been told not to run the ball.Flemming did both and done a pretty good job.Just like using Smith so much my guess is qb coach made that decision.First you have a coach calling the plays,the qb.does what he is told,then you have the rest.
Former Aggie

Placitas, NM

#15 Oct 25, 2009
Brigand wrote:
We either don't have the QB, receivers, plays, or coaching to stretch the field out.
When the opposing defensive coaches look at the Aggie offense, they see a very limited Aggie offense: run first, screen pass or a dump off just on the other side of the line of scrimmage. All they have to do to defense the Aggies is bring their players in close to the line of scrimmage and give up a yard or two.
If you can't stretch the field, you can't win regularly unless you are playing the pitiful likes of the UNM Lobos who couldn't beat Mayfield High School on a good day.
I say take the redshirt off the QB on the bench and give him a try. Either that, or pick your poison with one of the two QBs who have been playing and stick with him. No more of this platooning nonsense.
HERE WE GO AGAIN DUMB A$$ PEOPLE THINKING MAYFIELD CAN BEAT A D-1 SCHOOL. YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NEVER PLAYED COLLEGE BALL YOU ARE SOO STUPID!!! WHEN WILL THESE PEOPLE REALIZE HERE IN LAS CRUCES THAT HIGH SCHOOL IS NOT D-1 BALL!!!!
ohiostaterules

Canton, OH

#16 Oct 25, 2009
Good luck next week ....LOSERS !! Come visit where football created !!!
ohiostaterules

Canton, OH

#17 Oct 25, 2009
My prediction next week is that Tressel will feel sorry for your Aggies and keep the score 30-0 instead of 74-0 like it should be !!! LOL
ohiostaterules

Canton, OH

#18 Oct 25, 2009
AGGIES 08 wrote:
SPUTTETING is that what you call it?
How about downright embarrassing on National TV.
The 09 Version of the Aggies is actually more than
laughable - they downright stink.
All the hype, all the coverage and they still - S-U-C-K!
GO AGGIES beat OSU (yeh right)
Ohio State will show the western kids some mercy Saturday LOL !!!
AggieFan

United States

#19 Oct 25, 2009
Former Aggie wrote:
<quoted text>
HERE WE GO AGAIN DUMB A$$ PEOPLE THINKING MAYFIELD CAN BEAT A D-1 SCHOOL. YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NEVER PLAYED COLLEGE BALL YOU ARE SOO STUPID!!! WHEN WILL THESE PEOPLE REALIZE HERE IN LAS CRUCES THAT HIGH SCHOOL IS NOT D-1 BALL!!!!
Uh, dude, I think these posters are being sarcastic. Like saying the Dallas Cowboys would lose to the Texas Longhorns because the Cowboys have lost some games and the Longhorns have not.

Lighten up. They aren't being serious. If there is someone being stupid, it's you.
Update

Palmyra, PA

#20 Oct 25, 2009
Former Aggie wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as you realize NMSU is not D-1 football either!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fresno State Bulldogs NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders tab rookie Derek Carr as starting QB (Sep '14) Sep '14 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Derek Carr will start the opener (Sep '14) Sep '14 Reggie McWTF 1
News Matt McGloin Still Offers Considerable Value fo... (May '14) May '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 2
News The Oakland Raiders really like Derek Carr (Mar '14) May '14 Darkness Falls 9
News Oakland Raiders: 2nd day draft reaction (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Kawakami: Oakland Raiders must find QB (Mar '14) Mar '14 Phoenix Ascended 27
News Teddy Bridgewater could wind up with the Vikings (Mar '14) Mar '14 viking nation 15
More from around the web