'Bows hold off Fresno - Sports

'Bows hold off Fresno - Sports

There are 7 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Feb 20, 2009, titled 'Bows hold off Fresno - Sports. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

This was the execution Bob Nash was looking for. Hawaii survived a gritty 73-69 road win against Fresno State behind heady play down the stretch from several Rainbow Warriors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Lolo

Honolulu, HI

#1 Feb 20, 2009
I watched the game and Hawaii looks like a totally different team from the one we saw earlier in the season. That team had loads of talent but nobody was steering the boat. Last night they looked rock-solid. They even made some crucial free throws during crunch time.

GOOD JOB GUYS!
Jetset

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Feb 20, 2009
I was pleased with the overall play of the team; especially play from Thompson and Flemings.
After the game, I thought to myself, saying these guys sure love to play infront of a tv audience...too bad that won't be possible most of the time.
Congrats to coach Nash and the coaching staff.
Art Vandelay

Snellville, GA

#3 Feb 20, 2009
Good win but they need to work on their transition defense...they were too slow in getting back on occasion.
Wow

Honolulu, HI

#4 Feb 20, 2009
What a game! Usually crunch time was lunch time for UH opponents with Hawaii's inability to take care of the ball and make free throws.
A fan

AOL

#5 Feb 20, 2009
Thinking on the beginnning of the season, comment on the first game of this season, a co-worker said (something like), "they got talent, they couldn't move them down low".

Well, those players didn't play much last night, and I totally disagree with him on "they got talent".

They don't got talent, they got attributes; the physical and mental abilities; that, lead to talent. The upside is there, even though it's late in the season. Talent that could thoroughly dominate and conquer, overwhelm many a B-ball team. I honestly believe that!

The upside is there, late into the short season. Not to quote June Jones, "the knowledge of coaches and, the focus, dedication of players have a direct correlation to the success of the team".
alice

Honolulu, HI

#6 Feb 20, 2009
Fresno State is the bottom of the barrel in a very weak WAC.

Since: Oct 08

Mililani via California

#7 Feb 21, 2009
The good thing about UH Mens Basketball team is they have no seniors, seven juniors rostered, and eight of their fifteen rostered players are sophomore/freshmen. They have improved since the seasons beginning, and personally I think their future as a team will brighten.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fresno State Bulldogs NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College basketball countdown: No. 65 Norfolk State (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dwight Love 1
News West York's Bradley Strathmeyer earns sixth-pla... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Yoo Hoo - Ding Dong 5
News Bulldogs send guard Ladd home from WAC tourney (Mar '10) Mar '10 magic5 1
News Aggies refocus after loss to Fresno State (Feb '10) Feb '10 kcat 7
News Rainbows fouled up by Bulldogs in WAC road loss... (Jan '10) Jan '10 PDXHawaii 2
News Rainbows fouled up by Bulldogs in WAC road loss... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Windward side 3
News UH wants to avoid 0-2 WAC rut - Sports News (Jan '10) Jan '10 badayu 4
More from around the web