UH wants to avoid 0-2 WAC rut - Hawai...

UH wants to avoid 0-2 WAC rut - Hawaii Sports

There are 12 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jan 4, 2010, titled UH wants to avoid 0-2 WAC rut - Hawaii Sports. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Must-win time is upon Hawaii just three days into the Western Athletic Conference basketball schedule.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

the problems

Honolulu, HI

#1 Jan 4, 2010
Nash is uncommitted to an up-tempo style of basketball. He talks it in the preseason; that's probably a recruiting tool he uses. But he doesn't go through with it. If the players seem unsure of themselves during the games, trying to run a halfcourt offense, it's not their fault. Hiram Thompson is a gamer, Roderick Flemings has shown his skills, Dwain Williams can score. Paul Campbell is about the only guy who gives anything on defense, unfortunately. But when I see UH play, I see a team that doesn't get enough coaching in what they need to be doing on offense. Nash can only talk the up-and-down game, but he can't coach it. So players go into the game untaught, and end up stuck in the halfcourt. And Nash just stands there and watches them fail. He can't even call timeouts right.
satch7

Ewa Beach, HI

#3 Jan 4, 2010
Nash 'n Coach Mackmackin are good asst. coaches BUT THEY ARE NOT HEAD COACHES. i repeat, both are good assistants BUT THEY ARE NOT HEAD COACHES and the sooner the UH A.D. recognizes this, the better both programs will be in the future.
local

Kailua, HI

#4 Jan 4, 2010
Nsah got his chance to coach and now it's time for him to move on. I hope Donovan is true to his words and not extend his contract. The basketball program is losing money by low attendence every game. I heard A. Wilson after the last game and he was right-on the problems UH has.
alice

United States

#5 Jan 4, 2010
UH has not beaten a good team alls eason..they just pad their schedule with high school teams. UH is actuaslly 0-8.
Mobetta

Honolulu, HI

#6 Jan 4, 2010
Tony Sellito would be a much better coach then Nash!
Riley Wallace

Tacoma, WA

#7 Jan 4, 2010
Bob, don't listen to all the kukai. Just be like me. Consistently hover around 500 winning percentage. Every 3 years recruit one star and ride him for 3 years. Every 5 years or so slip into a post-season tourny to have a first round loss. Stay good enough to not get fired but never progress or succeed. That's all the AD's want.
wizard

Honolulu, HI

#8 Jan 4, 2010
Excellent comments so far !!! It's amazing that "peanut gallery" fans are smarter than the actual coach...... Here are my facts that prove Nash is clueless:

1. pass the ball to Mayhen and Campbell on the perimeter (neither guy can pass,shoot or dribble)
2. put Flemings on the perimeter (dude hasn't made a jump shot or driven to the basket in a month
3. recruit "run and gun" guards only to stifle them in a perimeter slow-down offense.
4. hype the 7 footer Kurts and don't use him
5. no matter what is happening or what has happened on the court... Don't make ANY adjustments and run the same nauseating offense
6. congratulate the other team for playing a great game after they kick you azz.
Mobetta

Honolulu, HI

#9 Jan 4, 2010
wizard wrote:
Excellent comments so far !!! It's amazing that "peanut gallery" fans are smarter than the actual coach...... Here are my facts that prove Nash is clueless:
1. pass the ball to Mayhen and Campbell on the perimeter (neither guy can pass,shoot or dribble)
2. put Flemings on the perimeter (dude hasn't made a jump shot or driven to the basket in a month
3. recruit "run and gun" guards only to stifle them in a perimeter slow-down offense.
4. hype the 7 footer Kurts and don't use him
5. no matter what is happening or what has happened on the court... Don't make ANY adjustments and run the same nauseating offense
6. congratulate the other team for playing a great game after they kick you ****.
Get is right boy! We are from the EDAMAME GALLERY. Only fools eat peanuts.
alice

United States

#10 Jan 4, 2010
alice wrote:
UH has not beaten a good team alls eason..they just pad their schedule with high school teams. UH is actuaslly 0-8.
true
is donovan watching

Honolulu, HI

#11 Jan 4, 2010
this season has got to be the most frustrating season i have ever watched. nash is absolutely clueless and everyone on the radio continually blames the players. why does no one on the radio take a good hard look at the coach? he makes no adjustments on offense or defense, ever. he waits too long to call time outs. designed plays after time outs are non-existent. it's the same ol' same ol' offense for 40 minutes and it is not working. flemings cannot create on his own. he needs plays designed and run for him. mayen is strictly a one-dimensional player. he's a black-hole shooter. he can't pass or dribble, he can't guard the quick guards up top and he can't bang with the big boys down low. i still don't understand why he is playing at all. i don't know what balocka did, but he is an integral cog on this team. there is no way he should have been limited to 7 minutes in last night's game. inexcusable. williams is a small guard who needs screens or other movement in order to get his shot. just passing the ball around the perimeter will not get us open shots. it looks like a playground game out there sometimes. it's no wonder that the players look lost or disinterested out there. they have no clue what is going on because the coach has no clue. please donovan, enough of this. get rid of nash already! give us a coach that will coach.
Eh you one dakine

Honolulu, HI

#12 Jan 4, 2010
alice wrote:
The male side of you shows. No getting away from the 6pm shadow no matter what you try.
Listen to da coach

Honolulu, HI

#13 Jan 4, 2010
alice wrote:
<quoted text>true
You are so desperate you answer your own comments. Yikes you are a crazy one. Your brain bounces around the walls like a rebound, but you can never retrieve it to make the shot and score. No wonder we can never win we keep fighting against our own team. We lack teamwork because there is just one player YOU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fresno State Bulldogs NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College basketball countdown: No. 65 Norfolk State (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dwight Love 1
News West York's Bradley Strathmeyer earns sixth-pla... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Yoo Hoo - Ding Dong 5
News Bulldogs send guard Ladd home from WAC tourney (Mar '10) Mar '10 magic5 1
News Aggies refocus after loss to Fresno State (Feb '10) Feb '10 kcat 7
News Rainbows fouled up by Bulldogs in WAC road loss... (Jan '10) Jan '10 PDXHawaii 2
News Rainbows fouled up by Bulldogs in WAC road loss... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Windward side 3
News UH wants to avoid 0-2 WAC rut - Sports News (Jan '10) Jan '10 badayu 4
More from around the web