Here is some advice for Bama's athlet...

Here is some advice for Bama's athletic director

There are 93 comments on the Montgomery Advertiser story from Nov 21, 2006, titled Here is some advice for Bama's athletic director. In it, Montgomery Advertiser reports that:

Normally in this spot, I try to write something that will interest a large, diverse readership.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Montgomery Advertiser.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
bama fan

Birmingham, AL

#1 Nov 27, 2006
If Mal Moore wants to find the problem at Alabama. Maybe he should find a mirror. If change is what we need, then let's make the best change for everyone. "Fire Mal Moore."
BamaFan

Hartwell, GA

#2 Nov 27, 2006
Amen Bama Fan!!

Moore's been there in a leadership role since 93. No excuses, he's just as accountable for current state of Alabama football.

Honor him for his contribution and pass the torch to the next guardian of the Tide legacy!!!!!!!!!!
bama fan also

United States

#3 Nov 27, 2006
bama fan wrote:
If Mal Moore wants to find the problem at Alabama. Maybe he should find a mirror. If change is what we need, then let's make the best change for everyone. "Fire Mal Moore."
AMEN could not have said it better myself. All this talk about turmoil and the one common denominator thru all this is Moore himself. He is the one making the bad choices. Maybe he should be held responsible for the decisions he has made
bama fan

Memphis, TN

#4 Nov 27, 2006
BamaFan wrote:
Amen Bama Fan!!
Moore's been there in a leadership role since 93. No excuses, he's just as accountable for current state of Alabama football.
Honor him for his contribution and pass the torch to the next guardian of the Tide legacy!!!!!!!!!!
why don;t we go get the legacy ozzie newsome
Sandra Fan

United States

#5 Nov 28, 2006
Mal Moore pack your clothes, i won't be happy again untill your fired too!
Old Fan

United States

#6 Nov 28, 2006
They held Mike Shula, accountable for a bad coaching job and fired him. So hold Mal Moore acountable for his mishandeling of his job.
FIRE MAL MOORE ! Fire Mal Moore NOW !
BUBBA CANNON

AOL

#7 Nov 28, 2006
shula can't beat auburn in 4 tried-he had go!
Austin Texas

Austin, TX

#8 Nov 29, 2006
You need to talk with GREG DAVIS, offensive coordinator for the Texas Longhorns. Word is around town he is looking for a head coaching job with a top notch school like Alabama..
BornBama

United States

#9 Nov 29, 2006
Old Fan wrote:
They held Mike Shula, accountable for a bad coaching job and fired him. So hold Mal Moore acountable for his mishandeling of his job.
FIRE MAL MOORE ! Fire Mal Moore NOW !
I have been a fan all of my life, and will continue, but I can't be another fickle fan who will praise one year and then cry and complain the next. Shula gave us a mediocre year, then a good year, then a bad year I'm not going to want to lynch a man who was hired by an athletic director who was not already a tried head coach. When you hire someone who hasn't done a job you have to see what they are capable of, such as can they bounce back from a bad season? We will never know.
Mal Moore is at least partially responsible for this, as well as the past few coaches. Maybe it's time for Moore to step-down and let someone else make the decisions.
I can't find it in myself to support Mal Moore, Dr. Whitt or the trustees.
BAMA GRAD

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#10 Nov 29, 2006
bama fan wrote:
Mal Moore's actions in regarding the firing of Mike Shula are an embarrassment to our University.

If he were truly one of "Bear's Boys" and loved our University he would have handled the situation much differently.

If Mike truly is to blame so is Mal Moore. He has been honored by having the football building named after him, it is time for him to go.
Donald

San Luis Obispo, CA

#11 Nov 29, 2006
You guys in Alabama are pissing in the wind,, your day is over as a football power house, no matter who is in charge, who is coaching,,it is over get use to being a second rate program,,, you had you day in the sun, break out the photo albums and smile, like an old man on the porch,, There is too much competition for the top rated players,, and you have no draw in Alabama your history is not enough to make someone go play their,,,When BEAR was king the competition was not what it is today.
How long has it been since you guys were a football power,,,, it may come again but I am betting it will be a long time before it happens.
Look how long it took UCLA to come back after Wooden left,, Mr. Bryant has big shoes to fill
DONALD

San Luis Obispo, CA

#12 Nov 30, 2006
You cannot make a competitive football team with players from Alabama. When I say competitive I mean in the hunt for the National Championship.
Not Hoover High School,,
You may have done it in the past,, but that is exactly what it is the PAST,,,

You need a good recruiter who can steal players from Florida, Ohio, Texas and California,, the problem is who wants to hang in Alabama,

Alabama is in for a long slow football death,,,it is good thing you are in the SEC so you will be able to compete with most of the teams that are in the same boat,,,theh SEC is way overrated,,,

Thy will be lucky to win any of the bowls they play in this year,,
hardrock

Huntsville, AL

#13 Dec 1, 2006
DONALD wrote:
You cannot make a competitive football team with players from Alabama. When I say competitive I mean in the hunt for the National Championship.
Not Hoover High School,,
You need a good recruiter who can steal players from Florida, Ohio, Texas and California,, the problem is who wants to hang in Alabama,
Alabama is in for a long slow football death,,,it is good thing you are in the SEC so you will be able to compete with most of the teams that are in the same boat,,,theh SEC is way overrated,,,
From your spelling I can see you are really qualified to make that long distance appraisal.Maybe you should do some research on the records and bowl games before you open your mouth without engaging your brain.
DONALD

San Luis Obispo, CA

#14 Dec 1, 2006
Hardrock,,, I can see by your rebuttal that you have a lot of stat's show how great you have been in the last few years,,,
Hide behind your southern arrogance,,,,
You can not hide behind that attitude, it does not work any more,,,you have prove you have a good team and good conference,, not just stick your nose in the air and accuse someone of not being able to spell,,,this is not spelling bee,,,this is football forum,,
What does long distance have to do with anything,, if you haven't noticed the world has gone global,,, we are all still living in a single wide behind Wal Mart,,,
Maybe you should engage YOUR brain,,,,and get out of the dark ages,,, you sound like typical neck
chris

Atlanta, GA

#15 Dec 3, 2006
the problem with alabama football is not a problem easily fixed. you could start with a new A.D,
shula should have been given a couple more years
unless you plan on bringing back mr. opp alabama himself and completely ruin bama football, get rid of the old school way of run right,run left, run up the middle, then punt method of coaching that has PLAGUED alabama for years. shula had a sophamore quarterback break the team record for passing touchdown, he was at least trying to lead bama from the three and punt system that had seemed to stay with bama. BRING SHULA BACK
GET RID OF MAL MOORE
Tider

Mcdonough, GA

#16 Dec 4, 2006
DONALD wrote:
Not Hoover High School,,
Look at the teams and their rankings below. Are these schools located in the Hot and Hopping parts of the country? I do not think so! Some student athletes are not interested in being surrounded by criminals and the Hip Hop nation. They want an education and a winning program, and a lot of the schools below offer just that. So much for your theory!!
3. Michigan 11-1
4. LSU 10-2
5. Louisville 11-1
6. Wisconsin 11-1
7. Oklahoma 11-2
9. Boise State 12-0
10. Auburn 10-2
12. Arkansas 10-3
13. West Virginia 10-2
14. Virginia Tech 10-2
15. Wake Forest 11-2
16. Rutgers 10-2
17. Tennessee 9-3
18. Texas 9-3
19. BYU 10-2 436 20
21. Texas A&M 9-3
22. Nebraska 9-4
23. Boston College 9-3
24. Oregon State 9-4
25. TCU 10-2
Tider

Mcdonough, GA

#17 Dec 4, 2006
DONALD wrote:
Not Hoover High School,,
Party on Boise Idaho!
Tider

Mcdonough, GA

#18 Dec 4, 2006
DONALD wrote:
Not Hoover High School,,
Party on BY Utah
Bill Hamby

United States

#19 Dec 4, 2006
chris wrote:
the problem with alabama football is not a problem easily fixed. you could start with a new A.D,
shula should have been given a couple more years
unless you plan on bringing back mr. opp alabama himself and completely ruin bama football, get rid of the old school way of run right,run left, run up the middle, then punt method of coaching that has PLAGUED alabama for years. shula had a sophamore quarterback break the team record for passing touchdown, he was at least trying to lead bama from the three and punt system that had seemed to stay with bama. BRING SHULA BACK
GET RID OF MAL MOORE
I couldn't agree more. Mike was very successful as a recruiter, even during a time of NCAA probation. He had three recruiting classes in the top 25. When was the last time we could say that?
Buckeye Mark

Wilmington, DE

#20 Dec 4, 2006
Bama fans are living in the past. The glory days have been over. When you can't cheat, you can't win. No recruit will come to Bama because of the instability of coaches. When you give a coach an extension, it doesn't mean a thing. The SEC is too strong to lure any top notch coach to lowly Bama. You are all hallucinating to think Saban, Spurrier, Holtz, Butch Davis or any other big name coach would even think about your sad program. You will forever be 2-6 in the SEC with 4 other wins against cream puffs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr LMAO phart 34,188
News State of the Irish program (Feb '11) Sep 18 HahahaPhart 4
News Sarkisian shrugs off the doubters (Nov '08) Aug '17 Their phartz 18
News Bulldogs take fight-filled opener (Jul '09) Jul '17 RelatedPhartse 5
News Tarrant County Constable Precinct 8 Democrats (Feb '08) Jun '17 CountyPhart 4
News Technical Tidbits 6/5: Football Picks Up Commit... Jun '17 Have phart 2
News Varsity (Feb '08) May '17 You Phartsz 5
More from around the web