The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

Aug 22, 2007 Full story: ArmchairGM 49,283

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Full Story

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#47137 Aug 21, 2012
Anybody that says the SEC is not the premire conf in fooball is dumb and blind as a bat in a cave..

DON"T HATE US CUZ WE ARE BAD ASS

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#47138 Aug 21, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
Six years in a row a SEC school won a National Championship. Thatís with four diff teams!! never been done.... Two of the last three were won by Alabama Crimson Tide.
This is called ncaa ownage
This is called corruption and media bias and the reason why we are switching to a playoff so that the SEC can't keep getting a free pass without playing anyone durring the season. I'm not saying saying the SEC has never deserved a National Championship but last year the 2 best teams weren't the ones we saw.
No one wants another snoozefest of Jr High football like we saw the two times Bama and LSU played last year.

“WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#47139 Aug 21, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is called corruption and media bias and the reason why we are switching to a playoff so that the SEC can't keep getting a free pass without playing anyone durring the season. I'm not saying saying the SEC has never deserved a National Championship but last year the 2 best teams weren't the ones we saw.
No one wants another snoozefest of Jr High football like we saw the two times Bama and LSU played last year.
While it is not very common for Trojans and Leprechauns to get along, Dan hit this one right on the head. If most of the meaningful games played between the SEC are amongst eachother, who can really say if they are not all over ranked?! It is not like the highest rated SEC team plays multiple other high ranked schools from other conferences (like a playoff system would solve) but they play just one game. LSU thought they were all that by stepping up and handling Oregon early in the year (instead of a typical Division 2 doormat) until Alabama bitchslapped them back onto their side of the field the entire NC game. The way the Trojans played at season end (arguably by the media no less) as the best team around, we would have done the same thing to the one dimensional Tigers.

“WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!”

San Marino, CA

#47140 Aug 21, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Who are those major conference opponents CT? Your schedule is cupcake or a piece of cake. All you gotta do is look at the teams in the left column in your above post....they all play each other and if your left coast "boys" had to face those teams every week you would be rated about 20th on the AP poll, get real dude.
Hey hackit, do yourself a little history lesson and look up the Trojans record against SEC opponents back when they were man enough to face us. After we kicked all their asse s, they stopped calling. les has stayed Miles away from us! HaHa

Other then Hawaii, who would kick any of these mid major and division 2 doormats that the SEC plays, USC always plays opponents who are in Major Conferences and have the availability to recruit the same as everyone else. So are you saying you would be proud to say you play some of those sucker punched teams I listed?

USC - WHEN THE HIGH POWERED TEAMS LIKE OHIO STATE AND OKLAHOMA PLAY US, LOOK WHAT WE DO TO THEM!

“WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!”

San Marino, CA

#47141 Aug 21, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
Six years in a row a SEC school won a National Championship. Thatís with four diff teams!! never been done.... Two of the last three were won by Alabama Crimson Tide.
This is called ncaa ownage
I will give you credit Clown because Nick gets it done, but really without a playoff in place, the system is flawed. Enjoy the skewed advantage while you can. HaHa

“WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!”

San Marino, CA

#47142 Aug 21, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
DON"T HATE US CUZ WE ARE BAD ASS
The SEC teams would be (flat on) ass if they played an offense like USC.

“WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!”

San Marino, CA

#47143 Aug 21, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
Was thumbing through Steele
The most recent SEC - PAC games
Involve Oregon being embarrassed by LSU last yr.
And losing the national Championship to Auburn
Im not implying no one is ducking
just too bad the aren't more games between the two
I don't love the Tide nor the dwags it's just a realistic statement
from a realistic guy.
USC never ducks anyone. During the Pete Carroll years when we kicked asss over any and all (including SEC foes) those Southern boys got swamp shy and decided to stay local and play in a slower paced non-scoring environment to make the media think their defenses were superior. But we really know that is because their offenses cant score... HaHa
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#47144 Aug 21, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Hey hackit, do yourself a little history lesson and look up the Trojans record against SEC opponents back when they were man enough to face us. After we kicked all their asse s, they stopped calling. les has stayed Miles away from us! HaHa
Other then Hawaii, who would kick any of these mid major and division 2 doormats that the SEC plays, USC always plays opponents who are in Major Conferences and have the availability to recruit the same as everyone else. So are you saying you would be proud to say you play some of those sucker punched teams I listed?
USC - WHEN THE HIGH POWERED TEAMS LIKE OHIO STATE AND OKLAHOMA PLAY US, LOOK WHAT WE DO TO THEM!
Look CT you expose yourself as the dumbazz of California, when you beat the SEC or even possess the NC winning record that the SEC has then talk shyt until then keep sucking as always because if you aren't the champ you are just another loser, like always. Your cupcake conference cant even carry ANY SEC team's ball bag onto the field. History shows the facts the SEC is the dominate conference in the NCAA and all your talk is just that.....fu*king talk,.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#47145 Aug 22, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>USC never ducks anyone. During the Pete Carroll years when we kicked asss over any and all (including SEC foes) those Southern boys got swamp shy and decided to stay local and play in a slower paced non-scoring environment to make the media think their defenses were superior. But we really know that is because their offenses cant score... HaHa
The Carrol era...
did say recent.....
Also said i ain't accusing anyone of ducking
expecially USC...I said its too bad the two
confrences don't play often
i may have found my match in UCLA Pete
You the T clown from the SEC and the
noter dam guy could get together and yell
bumper stickers at each other
Me and Pete will get a drink

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#47146 Aug 22, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Big dan
Usc doesn't duck
Tide, Dawgs and Lsu don't duck
even noter dam Never ducks

however based on records
those 6 win seasons ( 3-9 in 2007)

the flailing irish just don't make the cut

“WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!”

San Marino, CA

#47148 Aug 22, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
The Carrol era...
did say recent.....
Also said i ain't accusing anyone of ducking
expecially USC...I said its too bad the two
confrences don't play often
i may have found my match in UCLA Pete
You the T clown from the SEC and the
noter dam guy could get together and yell
bumper stickers at each other
Me and Pete will get a drink
USC has not had less then 8 wins a year for something like 25 years now. So Tradition stays alive and well at USC and those bogus sanctions (most are for all teams by the way) did not detract from USC continually being a dominating force. The upcoming playoff system should clear up the BCS mess and biased media slants.

And I think that Bruin P P Pete may take you up on your offer. HaHa

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#47150 Aug 22, 2012
The succss of the USC program is fully respected
Sanctions being bogus maybe so maybe not
having a four team playoff should give us another PAC-SEC game
I am not trash talking your program i cant we have on MAC Title in 12 yrs.
The only program i like talking crap about is notr dam
Excpt for me every drunken pollack in Buffalo loves notr dam walk around all fall
in notr dam jackets.
catch is most of them never finished high school but they feel as if they are alumni.
whats the thing you hate most about th flailing irish

Comming out to the Rose Bowl for a game vs.UCLA
More fun than Jordan-Hare 38-7 lead late in the fourth and they
still are throwing crap at the couple hundrd of us who stayd to the end
Rancid hosts worst i ve seen

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#47151 Aug 22, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan is jealous of the SEC CHAMPS NOT CHUMPS!!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL
Bruin Fan

Los Angeles, CA

#47152 Aug 22, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Dan is jealous of the SEC CHAMPS NOT CHUMPS!!!!
ROLL TIDE ROLL
I say there Pagliacci ole boy. Take it easy on Rudy (Dan) he's still getting over his Trucker Boyfriend who was a big sec fan and dumped Rudy for a male Bison, thus his hate for the sec......Go Bruins!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#47153 Aug 22, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
Comming out to the Rose Bowl for a game vs.UCLA
More fun than Jordan-Hare 38-7 lead late in the fourth and they
still are throwing crap at the couple hundrd of us who stayd to the end
Rancid hosts worst i ve seen
This sounds horrific Mister Bull. I may have misunderstood your comments, but I hope you are not referring to UCLA games and Bruins as host.:(

We Bruins strive to Cheer fairly from the stands just as we play Fairly on the field. We follow the lead of our old master alum cheerleader Geoffrey Strand. He likes to involve every man, woman and child in his cheers puts a smile on our faces even when losing by 50 points to USC.

No matter if we are losing (which unfortunately is most of the time lately), we have learned through experience to be a gracious and accepting the inevitable host :)

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#47154 Aug 22, 2012
Bruin Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I say there Pagliacci ole boy. Take it easy on Rudy (Dan) he's still getting over his Trucker Boyfriend who was a big sec fan and dumped Rudy for a male Bison, thus his hate for the sec......Go Bruins!
That is not funny fellow Bruin. You know we Bruins try to talk a Fair game to match or Fair play on the field.

When you make direct insults towards Notre Dame and their fans, then you inadvertently group us in with them as two Universities that are constantly at the mercy of those nasty Trojans.

I for one, have grown very tired lopsided rivalries :(

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#47155 Aug 22, 2012
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>This sounds horrific Mister Bull. I may have misunderstood your comments, but I hope you are not referring to UCLA games and Bruins as host.:(
We Bruins strive to Cheer fairly from the stands just as we play Fairly on the field. We follow the lead of our old master alum cheerleader Geoffrey Strand. He likes to involve every man, woman and child in his cheers puts a smile on our faces even when losing by 50 points to USC.
No matter if we are losing (which unfortunately is most of the time lately), we have learned through experience to be a gracious and accepting the inevitable host :)
My implication was the Bruin would be excellent hosts and going cross country to see the game would be worth the trip no matter the outcome. West point would be hard to beat but the Rose Bowl sounds cool too

As far as the trip to Auburn, horrific ...
naw i've seen New York Jets fans who where brave\dumb enough to go to the Ralph
treated far worse.

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#47156 Aug 22, 2012
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>That is not funny fellow Bruin. You know we Bruins try to talk a Fair game to match or Fair play on the field.
When you make direct insults towards Notre Dame and their fans, then you inadvertently group us in with them as two Universities that are constantly at the mercy of those nasty Trojans.
I for one, have grown very tired lopsided rivalries :(
sorrry Pete I agrree with fair play
not taking a game in a seriously anal fashion
being fair and civil

But he was talking about notr dam.
so i would turn a blind eye

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#47157 Aug 23, 2012
ROLL TIDE!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#47158 Aug 23, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Dan is jealous of the SEC CHAMPS NOT CHUMPS!!!!
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Not at all T, I like watching good football and watching those two teams twice last year removed all doubt, it just wasn't good football.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mississippi St. stuns No. 8 LSU, 34-29 1 hr BigDan 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Trojan 27,428
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Sat Go Blue Forever 1,377
College football rewind: Virginia Tech, USC exp... Fri PEE PEE PETE 4
What did the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets learn ... Sep 17 pdmorgs 1
So Kentucky came close to beating Florida Sep 16 FLORIDA SWAMPER 1
NFL Power Rankings Week 3: Predicting Post-"Mon... Sep 16 Reggie McWTF 6
•••
•••

NCAA Football People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••