The Better Football Conference: PAC-1...

The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

There are 49307 comments on the ArmchairGM story from Aug 22, 2007, titled The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?. In it, ArmchairGM reports that:

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ArmchairGM.

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#46938 Jul 26, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>That's right my brother...academics? We don't need no stinking academics hahaha!!
Sounds like the perfect marriage for a thug athlete! Aint dat right ya-all?!
hatchet

Clawson, MI

#46939 Jul 26, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like the perfect marriage for a thug athlete! Aint dat right ya-all?!
What ever it takes to win, short of......cheating.

San Marino, CA

#46940 Jul 26, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>What ever it takes to win, short of......cheating.
I guess "short of" doesnt make them as bad in your eyes right? You mean like players not cheating but doing something else you find acceptable but the SEC still kicked them off their teams. Nice list here Gomer...

Players who were dismissed from SEC teams or kicked out of school, some of the more talented ones that come to mind include, in no order:
• Florida cornerback Janoris Jenkins
• Tennessee safety Janzen Jackson
• Tennessee running back Onterrio Smith
• LSU running back Cecil Collins
• Georgia quarterback Zach Mettenberger
• Georgia running back Jasper Sanks
• South Carolina running back Demetris Summers
• South Carolina running back Derek Watson
• Tennessee running back Reggie Cobb
• LSU quarterback Ryan Perrilloux
• South Carolina quarterback Stephen Garcia
• Alabama defensive tackle Michael Myers
• Ole Miss receiver Pat Patterson
• Georgia running back Isaiah Crowell
• Missouri running back Derrick Washington

I realize that Cam Newtons name will be brought up too, but Newton has said that it was his choice to leave Florida after getting into trouble there with the stolen laptop, yet the SEC "cheated" by covering it up!

But even the academically-slacking SEC is forced to draw the line once in awhile and cut what they greedily sow! HaHa
Ruger16

Dothan, AL

#46941 Jul 26, 2012
fightfan wrote:
<quoted text>yes for sure.
You got the highest paid coaches and staff and weak academics
Not true. OSU has Meyer.
And also Georgia a couple years ago was #1 in the academic progress report amongst all top 20 teams.
You are wrong sir
Ruger16

Dothan, AL

#46942 Jul 26, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>it is a good plan for Army,Navy,Air Force, & Notre Dame,
I can tell you right now. There are NO BIG teams that would schedule Navy and Army in the same season but Notre Dame.
They are not the best teams, but you could be beat up.
Im sure there is no scandals at West Point and Annapolis.
Ruger16

Dothan, AL

#46943 Jul 26, 2012
Go Army! Beat Navy!

Ruger
I got your back Dan

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#46944 Jul 26, 2012
Ruger16 wrote:
Go Army! Beat Navy!
Ruger
I got your back Dan
Dsn is a huge Navy guy!

“How bout them DAWGS”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#46945 Jul 26, 2012
Ruger16 wrote:
Go Army! Beat Navy!
Ruger
I got your back Dan
Sorry Ruger but so am I. As long as the Marine Corps will be apart of the Dept of the Navy I will be.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#46946 Jul 27, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>it is a good plan for Army,Navy,Air Force, & Notre Dame,
You do realize that they aren't all Independent. BYU is though.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#46947 Jul 27, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Dsn is a huge Navy guy!
I'll be cheering for Notre Dame our first game of the season against Navy in Ireland but I won't be rooting against Navy. I want Notre Dame to win but I have respect for every single player on the field for Navy and always will.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#46948 Jul 27, 2012
Ruger16 wrote:
<quoted text>There are some folks on here who will say that.
But you have to admit the SEC is the best as of right now.
Without a doubt they have been the best conference the past couple of years but it changes. Not sure about this season, we'll have a better idea come October.

San Marino, CA

#46949 Jul 27, 2012
HaHaHaHa! Love how I called out the SEC on more then its share of thug athletes and the topic of conversation steers as FAR away from the truth as inhumanly possible! HaHaHaHa

USC - RUNNING THE CLEANEST PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY
PAC 12 - ONE OF THE LOWEST CONFERENCES FOR ATHLETES WITH POLICE RECORDS
SEC - ONE OF THE HIGHEST

C.T. THE FACT FACILITATOR HAS SPOKEN

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#46950 Jul 27, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
HaHaHaHa! Love how I called out the SEC on more then its share of thug athletes and the topic of conversation steers as FAR away from the truth as inhumanly possible! HaHaHaHa
SEC - ONE OF THE HIGHEST
Cleanest program?????????? You have went to damn far, you just aren't all SEC now. I will give ya credit that it doesn't seem to be anywhere as bad as it was there though and that was pretty damn bad.
You have a good and decent man at AD and I hope he is able to change the culture that was there while maintaining a competitive department.
He spent many years learning from a class act organization while calling their games before take the job at USC.

San Marino, CA

#46951 Jul 27, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Cleanest program?????????? He spent many years learning from a class act organization while calling their games before take the job at USC.
Then you know first hand what a class man Pat Haden is! He was the perfect choice to channel perfection down the proper path! He WONT LET any bad element cog the Trojan National Championship wheel now!!!:)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#46952 Jul 27, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that they aren't all Independent. BYU is though.
YO Dan, I thought Navy, went to the Big East in 2014.. I knew about BYU being Ind but forgot

“How bout them DAWGS”

Location hidden

#46953 Jul 28, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
SEC - ONE OF THE HIGHEST
I seem to remember USC having a 2 yr bowl ban and Pete Carroll jumping ship before the sh*t hit the fan. Noone in college football is clean.

San Marino, CA

#46954 Jul 28, 2012
Coca-Cola Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I seem to remember USC having a 2 yr bowl ban and Pete Carroll jumping ship before the sh*t hit the fan. Noone in college football is clean.
Yes everyone "seems to remember" (past tense). Since Pat Haden has become AD, and the with the CURRENT status of all those thugs running around the SEC, I repeat

“How bout them DAWGS”

Location hidden

#46955 Jul 29, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Yes everyone "seems to remember" (past tense). Since Pat Haden has become AD, and the with the CURRENT status of all those thugs running around the SEC, I repeat
Haven't heard anything negative from Army, Navy, Air Force, UNLV, Wisconsin, or Fresno State. Still giving you props on that USC doesn't get in as much trouble as other programs like my DAWGS but USC is by no means as clean as any of the Military Academies.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#46956 Jul 29, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I guess "short of" doesnt make them as bad in your eyes right? You mean like players not cheating but doing something else you find acceptable but the SEC still kicked them off their teams. Nice list here Gomer...
Players who were dismissed from SEC teams or kicked out of school, some of the more talented ones that come to mind include, in no order:
• Florida cornerback Janoris Jenkins
• Tennessee safety Janzen Jackson
• Tennessee running back Onterrio Smith
• LSU running back Cecil Collins
• Georgia quarterback Zach Mettenberger
• Georgia running back Jasper Sanks
• South Carolina running back Demetris Summers
• South Carolina running back Derek Watson
• Tennessee running back Reggie Cobb
• LSU quarterback Ryan Perrilloux
• South Carolina quarterback Stephen Garcia
• Alabama defensive tackle Michael Myers
• Ole Miss receiver Pat Patterson
• Georgia running back Isaiah Crowell
• Missouri running back Derrick Washington
I realize that Cam Newtons name will be brought up too, but Newton has said that it was his choice to leave Florida after getting into trouble there with the stolen laptop, yet the SEC "cheated" by covering it up!
But even the academically-slacking SEC is forced to draw the line once in awhile and cut what they greedily sow! HaHa
HaHa this is funny, This only means the SEC will dismiss a player instead of USC's normal cover up program. How many sexual assault charges has USC covered up compared to UGA? How bout the Reggie Bush paid program? What about Joe McKhight reruitment? How many times has USC been on probation compared to UGA? How many UGA players have you read about spitting in the face of other students? Where have you read about a UGA football player saying god told him to rob someone? Believe it's only in the SEC if you want to but it's across the country. 90% of UGA's problem is football players getting DUI's,I'll ask you did you drink in college? UGA makes the news more then some schools because when we discipine a kid we don't hide it we make it open. Lets see if Pat Haden can keep it clean.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#46957 Jul 29, 2012
UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
HaHa this is funny, This only means the SEC will dismiss a player instead of USC's normal cover up program. How many sexual assault charges has USC covered up compared to UGA? How bout the Reggie Bush paid program? What about Joe McKhight reruitment? How many times has USC been on probation compared to UGA? How many UGA players have you read about spitting in the face of other students? Where have you read about a UGA football player saying god told him to rob someone? Believe it's only in the SEC if you want to but it's across the country. 90% of UGA's problem is football players getting DUI's,I'll ask you did you drink in college? UGA makes the news more then some schools because when we discipine a kid we don't hide it we make it open. Lets see if Pat Haden can keep it clean.
UGA a man that don't say much.. but when he does I listen.. SEC RULES MY FRIENDS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 30 min Trojan 34,187
News State of the Irish program (Feb '11) Mon HahahaPhart 4
News Sarkisian shrugs off the doubters (Nov '08) Aug '17 Their phartz 18
News Bulldogs take fight-filled opener (Jul '09) Jul '17 RelatedPhartse 5
News Tarrant County Constable Precinct 8 Democrats (Feb '08) Jun '17 CountyPhart 4
News Technical Tidbits 6/5: Football Picks Up Commit... Jun '17 Have phart 2
News Varsity (Feb '08) May '17 You Phartsz 5
More from around the web