The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

Aug 22, 2007 Full story: ArmchairGM 49,302

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Full Story

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#42207 May 11, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe I will come down to New Orleans, Panama City, or Mrytle Beach and check out the babes but certainly not in the swamps of Louisiana like lake Charles. A few chicks can handle not getting their teeth in the way on my gigante johnson, so I dont think I will need to swing by your neck of the woods to utilize all those chicks with missing teeth for any gum jobs in the cajun backwoods. I will let you continue to violate those harley hags... LMAO
> Rest easy, sweet ladies of the civilized world! Shorty (Chiquita)... has never been out of the L.A. ghetto! Now, Short stuff, finish that letter of apology to Amy and Molly Roloff of Little People, Big World ... ya hear! Yeah, the one for you being short in statue, and, short in manhood! LMAO!!!!
>:)

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#42208 May 11, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Deliverance II (Pete Carroll)- Coming to the L.A. Ghetto. Oh Petey your Snookums is so excited I can hardly wait. Pete sweetheart I'll be wearing the USC speedo you gave me for my birthday. Hurry home my sex kitten! I'm waiting with baited breath!
> Should be a hot time in the ole L.A. Ghetto, tonight! Baited breath, huh? Well, I'm sure it will be baited after Pete gets to you! LMAO!!!

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#42209 May 12, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>"Ruger16 wrote:
<quoted text>Horse shyt again. USC wont play Boise. Fact "
Other then biased blog heresay (just like you and Ruger are doing here), give me some factual proof?
Boise made a offer to play anybody anytime in 2011 and Georgia was the only team to take that offer. We paided Louisville off to take the Boise St game. USC could have dropped either Minnesota or Syracuse (either high school team) off the schedule and took the Boise Game No guts I guess. Boise St has been a good team, How about Minnesota and Syracuse?

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#42210 May 12, 2011
UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boise made a offer to play anybody anytime in 2011 and Georgia was the only team to take that offer. We paided Louisville off to take the Boise St game. USC could have dropped either Minnesota or Syracuse (either high school team) off the schedule and took the Boise Game No guts I guess. Boise St has been a good team, How about Minnesota and Syracuse?
While I do commend Georgia for adding Boise, you and the rest of the SEC boys dont have much to say when you annually schedule teams like Coastal Carolina (who?) and Louisiana Lafayette. At least USC plays MAJOR conference teams and going forward Minnesota and Syracuse (made a few years back) wont be on our schedule. Can SEC teams say the same or will they continue to play blood money games with wimpy Mid-Minor conferences and had their ahsses to them just to put a W in the column

Location hidden

#42211 May 12, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>While I do commend Georgia for adding Boise, you and the rest of the SEC boys dont have much to say when you annually schedule teams like Coastal Carolina (who?) and Louisiana Lafayette. At least USC plays MAJOR conference teams and going forward Minnesota and Syracuse (made a few years back) wont be on our schedule. Can SEC teams say the same or will they continue to play blood money games with wimpy Mid-Minor conferences and had their ahsses to them just to put a W in the column
Georgia is 2nd in all time strength of schedule. Let me say USC does play MAJOR conference teams, it's just the bottom teams they play like Minnesota who lost to South Dakota and Northern Illinois last year and please don't give me the schedule made a few years back excuse because USC knows the teams to pick at the bottom of each conference. For a example Lane Kiffin wanted to schedule Tennessee last year, who more than Lane would know how bad Tenn was, Why not Alabama, Why not LSU? even UCLA had the guts to Schedule Texas when Texas was at the top of the Big 12. Just because a team is a D1 program doesn't mean it's a MAJOR football program, look at Duke.

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#42212 May 12, 2011
UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Georgia is 2nd in all time strength of schedule. Let me say USC does play MAJOR conference teams, it's just the bottom teams they play like Minnesota who lost to South Dakota and Northern Illinois last year and please don't give me the schedule made a few years back excuse because USC knows the teams to pick at the bottom of each conference. For a example Lane Kiffin wanted to schedule Tennessee last year, who more than Lane would know how bad Tenn was, Why not Alabama, Why not LSU? even UCLA had the guts to Schedule Texas when Texas was at the top of the Big 12. Just because a team is a D1 program doesn't mean it's a MAJOR football program, look at Duke.
I wont say it is an excuse because schedules are made far in advance. USC HAS guts AND has agreed to play Texas A&M in 2015/16, Texas in 2017/18, and Tennessee in 2021/22. That is a long way off and all MAJOR conference teams have the ability to bring in the same recruits, UNLIKE a Off The Coastal Carolina, or a Louisiana Lafforgette. But what if Texas starts a decline and they are at the bottom of their confernece come 2017. Then what, you will call us a bottom feeder? Like I said at least we do play the majors...and for the past decade WE BEAT THEM. Just ask Ohio State!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#42213 May 12, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I wont say it is an excuse because schedules are made far in advance. USC HAS guts AND has agreed to play Texas A&M in 2015/16, Texas in 2017/18, and Tennessee in 2021/22. That is a long way off and all MAJOR conference teams have the ability to bring in the same recruits, UNLIKE a Off The Coastal Carolina, or a Louisiana Lafforgette. But what if Texas starts a decline and they are at the bottom of their confernece come 2017. Then what, you will call us a bottom feeder? Like I said at least we do play the majors...and for the past decade WE BEAT THEM. Just ask Ohio State!
Move to Seattle, I will cover everything my Brazilian man meat, miss you soooooooo much.

FIGHT ON FOR MY BRAZILIAN MAN MEAT !

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#42214 May 12, 2011
My hats off to my LSU peeps for running that flag burning bastard outta town... GEAUX TIGERS

I have no doubt the dude was an atheist, and a flaming ~GAY~ on top of that = TURD

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#42215 May 12, 2011
Those are definitely the worst kind.
T-Town Clown wrote:
My hats off to my LSU peeps for running that flag burning bastard outta town... GEAUX TIGERS
I have no doubt the dude was an atheist, and a flaming ~GAY~ on top of that = TURD

“Do you need to buy a clue?”

Since: Feb 08

Orange County, CA

#42216 May 12, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I wont say it is an excuse because schedules are made far in advance. USC HAS guts AND has agreed to play Texas A&M in 2015/16, Texas in 2017/18, and Tennessee in 2021/22. That is a long way off and all MAJOR conference teams have the ability to bring in the same recruits, UNLIKE a Off The Coastal Carolina, or a Louisiana Lafforgette. But what if Texas starts a decline and they are at the bottom of their confernece come 2017. Then what, you will call us a bottom feeder? Like I said at least we do play the majors...and for the past decade WE BEAT THEM. Just ask Ohio State!
Georgia Sucks!

FIGHT ON!

Location hidden

#42217 May 13, 2011
niklas227 wrote:
<quoted text>
Georgia Sucks!
FIGHT ON!
Dang it Nick how long did it take you to come up with that. Let me say something Nick and this is the truth I think USC is one of the best programs in college football history and USC has produced a hugh number of NFL players and I have alot of respect for the program and that's the truth. Me and CT have argued back and forth since he's been on here, it's called having fun it's nothing personal between any of us I hope. Now I will also say I have never said USC sucks because there substance to it just like you statement about Georgia, history speaks for itself. Me and CT was arguing about schedules and here are some facts from UGA about that.

All time ranking.

#2 Georgia
#3 LSU
#7 Auburn
#8 Alabama
#17 Vandy
#19 Florida
#21 USC

Now if the SEC schedules suck so bad why are they 6 SEC teams ranked ahead of USC all time? give me a answer please because this is a fact.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#42218 May 13, 2011
UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang it Nick how long did it take you to come up with that. Let me say something Nick and this is the truth I think USC is one of the best programs in college football history and USC has produced a hugh number of NFL players and I have alot of respect for the program and that's the truth. Me and CT have argued back and forth since he's been on here, it's called having fun it's nothing personal between any of us I hope. Now I will also say I have never said USC sucks because there substance to it just like you statement about Georgia, history speaks for itself. Me and CT was arguing about schedules and here are some facts from UGA about that.
All time ranking.
#2 Georgia
#3 LSU
#7 Auburn
#8 Alabama
#17 Vandy
#19 Florida
#21 USC
Now if the SEC schedules suck so bad why are they 6 SEC teams ranked ahead of USC all time? give me a answer please because this is a fact.
UGA has backed the old boy in a corner.... CHECKMATE....!!!!!!

every conf has a few good teams... SEC HAS THE BEST>>>>FACT

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#42219 May 13, 2011
The all time greatest team period is of course Notre Dame so let's get that out of the way. Go Irish!!!!!!!

“Do you need to buy a clue?”

Since: Feb 08

Orange County, CA

#42220 May 13, 2011
UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
All time ranking.
#2 Georgia
UGA, my response was just a quick thought that shouted to me when I think of Georgia ball. I don't think you guys suck in terms of bad football. But, I feel Georgia has definitely been underachieving the past few years or more. When I think of that underachieving, the frustrated answer would be "suck."

Trust me, I like Georgia. But, I stopped getting my hopes up when Richt has been consistently putting a bad product on the field considering he has many of the top athletes coming out of high school.

I'm concerned that the same scenario is very possible at USC with Kiffin.

Side note - I think that this year will mark the 1st of many where the Pac12 will finally be on the same playing level in terms of hype and competition. I think the Oregon vs. Auburn game said a lot in terms of our conference not being very far behind considering that game could've gone either way.

I also think with the coin that ESPN and Fox have to start shelling out. There's no way they're not going to protect their investment in the PAC12. We also now have a Championship game which will automatically vault a 1 loss team from our conference to the National game, pending there are other 1 loss teams in other conferences.

All this means, is that the Pac12 vs. SEC in the BCS Championship last year was just the 1st of many. Besides, the world is tired of seeing the Big10 getting destroyed by SEC teams in BCS Championship games. Hopefully, USC will get the opportunity to play against a SEC team in the Championship game because I'm very confident we won't disappoint.

The strength of schedule claim you present is biased based on voters (most of which on the East coast) who are homers to the SEC and are asleep by the time the PAC's on t.v. There's no weight in that claim.

BTW - Cam Newton is the "NEW" JaMarcus Russell

FIGHT ON!

“Blue Jean Baby..”

Since: Oct 08

LA Lady..

#42221 May 13, 2011
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Should be a hot time in the ole L.A. Ghetto, tonight! Baited breath, huh? Well, I'm sure it will be baited after Pete gets to you! LMAO!!!
Hey Artie, it would be a hott mess, take it from this ghetto superstar ;)

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Somewhere in SoCal

#42222 May 13, 2011
Crazy Beautiful wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Artie, it would be a hott mess, take it from this ghetto superstar ;)
Fixed it:

take it from this ghetto rockstar ;)

“Blue Jean Baby..”

LA Lady..

#42223 May 14, 2011
Broadway Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Fixed it:
take it from this ghetto rockstar ;)
You know me so well. Rock on!\m/

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#42224 May 14, 2011
Crazy Beautiful wrote:
<quoted text>
You know me so well. Rock on!\m/
hey BOO are you oaky doky

“Blue Jean Baby..”

LA Lady..

#42225 May 14, 2011
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>hey BOO are you oaky doky
I'm good, thanks.. How's my favorite Clown doing?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#42226 May 15, 2011
Crazy Beautiful wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm good, thanks.. How's my favorite Clown doing?
YEA CRAZY !!!!!!! Im doing great, having fun, GOOD TO SEE YOU GET BACK ON EVERY NOW & THEN...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 min Bruin For Life 28,503
It might be time for Pack, Polian to move away ... 2 hr CS_Dude 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 1,494
5 reasons Wisconsin football will beat the Ohio... Dec 24 Rager 3
Trojans in the NFL: Reggie Bush contributes in ... Dec 22 Patriots Club Chub 2
The possible 2015 landing spots for Jay Cutler Dec 18 Re turbaned to Feet 4
Bowl game matchups: Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati Dec 17 Shelly 1
More from around the web