The Better Football Conference: PAC-1...

The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

There are 49309 comments on the ArmchairGM story from Aug 22, 2007, titled The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?. In it, ArmchairGM reports that:

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ArmchairGM.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#42150 May 5, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Read a paper outside of the Louisiana Swamp Gazzette fuhkbrain, and you may learn something like the new Pac12 TV deal, the biggest and best in the country. And maybe try some geritol to let you stay up past 10pm to see some West Coast football, if your old harley-weathered body can handle it!
> Well, I'm sure the TV exec who signed the new TV deal with the Pac-10/12 will be handed a pink slip right after the first season. Poor guy ... that west coast crystal meth really knocked his @ss for a loop! Listen, desert dweller, your pacman-12 conference needs to start playing football games when most of the industrialized world is still awake ... ya hear!? You might pass that pertinent info to the powers that be out there in the hot, dusty, cactus, and rattlesnake infested desert ... Larry, Curly, and Moe! And, you might also pass that info on to your local newspaper ... The Ghetto Gazette!!!
>:)

#42151 May 5, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, why do you continue with the mindless jibberish? It's old and isn't even funny. If there was something witty about it I would let it slide but it sounds more and more like something an old person with dementia says.
> Dude ... why do you keep saying all schools are cheaters except your precious Notre Dame? Why do stay in a fit of hate? Why do you drink yourself into a drunken stupor? Why do you live in Mississippi? Why do you keep your head stuck up your @ss? Well, guess what ... Coach Artie doesn't give a rat's @ss if you like or dislike his posts. And, what the hell makes you think anyone other than your little weak minded followers, like your pointing finger posts? Now, have yourself a nice day looking at yourself in the mirror, and hating what you see ... ya hear!?

#42152 May 5, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Simply said, lets see one of your LSU boys do better. Waiting.......... and waiting..........any 2011 QB LSU picks? No? waiting..........LMFAO........ ..012 you say? well that will be Matt Barkley, not leroy jefferson...waiting..........
> Matt Barkley??? You're not serious, are you??? LMAO!!! That big, overrated slug is gonna get murdered in the NFL. Well, at least he'll keep one of USC's time honored traditions alive ... best school of NFL second string quality QBs, and long list of first string, clipboard holders! Fight On!!! LMAO!!!

“LSU, 2012 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPS!”

Since: Jun 10

Bama & USC r both going down!!

#42153 May 5, 2011
Matt from Columbus wrote:
I really enjoyed the LSU/Alabama game last year. It was some good old school, hard-nosed football.
Great post, Matt!!! Moi will be there!!! I'll be leaving out on November 4th, staying in Birmingham and coming back on November 6th!!! T H E GAME will be played on November 5th; and BTW, I was at the Bama game in Death Valley last year played on November 6th!!! YO!!!! The Mad Hatter coached a very good game last year. I just hope he can pull it out again; and, it's gonna be HUUUUGGGEEEE!!!!! YO!!!:D

#42154 May 5, 2011
T-Town Clown wrote:
I seen on the news today alot of great peeps from Louisiana, that drove into Tuscaloosa,& Birmingham, to work and help the folks that are hurting bad right now...There are great people in the south ... THANK GOD AM SOUTHERN BORN AND BREAD.... We elephants will never forget the fine folks that helped us... We will be back thanks to these kind of people....
Things like this makes my heart so happy to see our folks from my state to go out there and help!!! It was very heart warming to see so many peeps go out there. Hey BOO!!! I've got a good way you can repay us...by telling Coach Saban not to pull it out.... Because Coach Miles plans to pull it out and it'll be HUUUUUGGGGGEEEE!!!:D

Geaux Tigers!!! YO!!!:D
Roll Tide Roll!! YO!!:D
Yea Jesus for my BOO being okay after those darn tornadoes!!!
They were just south of our house before heading east!!! Whoaa!!!

#42155 May 5, 2011
Art Deco STUD and moi, CO-LEADERS of 'The YO BOO 'In Crowd' PEEPS GANG'!!!! Artie and I can do it!!!! YO!!!

Geaux Tigers!!! YO!!!:)

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#42156 May 5, 2011
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Matt Barkley??? You're not serious, are you??? LMAO!!! That big, overrated slug is gonna get murdered in the NFL. Well, at least he'll keep one of USC's time honored traditions alive ... best school of NFL second string quality QBs, and long list of first string, clipboard holders! Fight On!!! LMAO!!!
Who are thos clipboard QBs you keep refering to Wally Gator? Sanchez, Palmer, and Cassell ALL start in the NFL. Spot me another college that can say that Clipboard Flynn boy

OH YEAH YOU SHOULD LAUGH YOUR LSU-LESS NFL QB STARTERS ASS OFF ALRIGHT

WE FIGHT ON
YOU TWILIGHT ON (EXCEPT STAYING UP PAST 10 ON SATURDAY NIGHT TO SEE WEST COAST, STRONG ARMED, AIR ARSENAL GAMES)

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#42157 May 5, 2011
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Well, I'm sure the TV exec who signed the new TV deal with the Pac-10/12 will be handed a pink slip right after the first season. Poor guy ... that west coast crystal meth really knocked his @ss for a loop! Listen, desert dweller, your pacman-12 conference needs to start playing football games when most of the industrialized world is still awake ... ya hear!?
I KNOW THIS WILL BORE YOU BECAUSE IT DOES NOT SUCK OFF THE SEC LIKE OTHER MEDIA OUTLETS, BUT HERE ARE THE FACTS IF YOU HAVE THE DISCIPLINE TO READ IT:

The Pacific-12 Conference announced its new media rights deal earlier this week, and oh, what a deal it turned out to be.

It’s the BIGGEST in college sports history, trumping the Big Ten’s and even the almighty SEC’s. The deal is for a reported $3 billion over 12 years, or an average of $250 million per season. That far exceeds the $170 million annual figure many pundits pointed to as a benchmark before negotiations started heating up.

And while it’s pretty hard to ignore that $3 billion figure, the biggest impact of the new deal lies in the increased exposure it will provide the conference.

In essence, the league will go national. With co-partners ESPN and Fox Sports Media Group committed to broadcasting games on both coasts, at reasonable hours, the Pac-12 brand will be accessible to a new group of fans.

Under the old deal, showcase games were often televised only regionally, while comparably relevant SEC or Big-12 games had national audiences. On the rare occasion a Pac-10 game was televised on both coasts, it often started at 7 or 7:30 p.m. on the West Coast, too late for many viewers in other time zones.

In many ways, the new deal is the polar opposite.

The majority, if not all, games will be available to fans across the country – whether they’re featured in prime time on the Fox/ABC network channels, one of the ESPN family of networks, or, on the soon-to-be-formed Pac-12 network.

And, if you don’t happen to have a TV (because you live in no-mans-land-Louisiana, you can still access the games. The conference has packaged together all media rights to create a “TV everywhere” distribution model. The conference’s games should be available online, on mobile devices and tablets.

The Pac-12’s new media rights deal is truly a global endeavor.

PAC12 - BRINGING IN A WHOLE NEW GENERATION OF MEDIA HUNGRY RECRUITS!!!!!

FYI - We are called the Pac12 now. You really should get on that "Big" conference up North that calls itself 10 while having 11 for over a decade now and just added a 12th...

“Do you need to buy a clue?”

Since: Feb 08

Orange County, CA

#42158 May 5, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I KNOW THIS WILL BORE YOU BECAUSE IT DOES NOT SUCK OFF THE SEC LIKE OTHER MEDIA OUTLETS, BUT HERE ARE THE FACTS IF YOU HAVE THE DISCIPLINE TO READ IT:
The Pacific-12 Conference announced its new media rights deal earlier this week, and oh, what a deal it turned out to be.
It’s the BIGGEST in college sports history, trumping the Big Ten’s and even the almighty SEC’s.
That other conference up north must not know how to count considering there's 12 of them and they're still counting themselves 10.

Also, I'm pretty sure those Suckeyes didn't get much when they sold their gear considering they don't teach math up north.

FIGHT ON!

“Do you need to buy a clue?”

Since: Feb 08

Orange County, CA

#42159 May 5, 2011
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> $20 to wipe what??? Ooops, you missed a spot, Nik ... uh, yeah... right under your bottom lip.$400 million dollars??? So, when will the cheap @SS Trajons build their own football stadium, and quit renting the L.A. Coliseum. With all the millions in alum money USC gets ... they should have a stadium similar to Cowboy Stadium in Dallas. Oh, oh, I forgot, most of the Alum donations go to pay for football recruit gifts. Aww, good ole USC tradition!!! LMAO!!!
The Trajons have a new TV deal? Really? With who? Oprah Winfrey Network? Heck, Coach Artie didn't even know USC had an old TV deal. Are their games televised live now, instead of a tape-delayed broadcast? The Coach hardly ever gets to see the Trajons on TV. The Coach did get to see, Pete Carroll on TV once (ESPN). Yeah, ole Petey was crying, moanin' & groanin', and beggin' the BCS committee to let his Trajons in, right after they got their @sses handed to them by the worse team in CFB. Not a pretty sight! So, I guess the Minnesota and Syracuse games will now be on everyone's... "To die for" favorite CFB TV game list, right!? Yeah, right! LMAO!!!
Probationary USC: PLIGHT ON!!!
It's only fitting that USC plays in stadium called the Coliseum, fitting for the Trojans.

Trust me, that USC has tried to purchase but cannot because if you knew what you were talking about. You'd know it was a National Historic Monument. It's the only stadium in the world to host the Olympics twice, and the only to hold a SuperBowl and World Series.

Can't much for where your team plays. Watch what you say, you might be talking to your boss.

FIGHT ON!

#42160 May 5, 2011
niklas227 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only fitting that USC plays in stadium called the Coliseum, fitting for the Trojans.
Trust me, that USC has tried to purchase but cannot because if you knew what you were talking about. You'd know it was a National Historic Monument. It's the only stadium in the world to host the Olympics twice, and the only to hold a SuperBowl and World Series.
Can't much for where your team plays. Watch what you say, you might be talking to your boss.
FIGHT ON!
> Nik, you're a hoot! Coach Artie is the boss! Fact!!! Now, [email protected] some of that $400,000,000 alum money, and yours truly will draw you some designs for a first-class college football stadium. Make sure to tell ole Lame Duck Kiffin about those bases on the playing field ... ya hear!? Wouldn't want any Trajon football player tripping while rounding third base heading for home... uh, I mean the end zone!

#42162 May 5, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Getting bad when the "Village Idiot" seems to make more sense! Thanks BigDan for calling him out on the repetitve nonsense!
> Aww, the poor widdle Chiquita! You still having trouble standing on your own two feet? Maybe one day you'll grow some nuts, and grow up to be a man. Then, and only then, will you not have to call on other bloggers for help. If you had just a little bit of above average intelligence you could do battle with Coach Artie on your own. But, noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! You have to call on other bloggers to hold you up by the shorts! Get some guts, numb nuts, and stand face to face with your worse nightmare ... that would be moi! Now, have yourself a nice day in the ghetto, making "Help Wanted" posters ... ya hear!?

#42163 May 5, 2011
T-Town Clown wrote:
I seen on the news today alot of great peeps from Louisiana, that drove into Tuscaloosa,& Birmingham, to work and help the folks that are hurting bad right now...There are great people in the south ... THANK GOD AM SOUTHERN BORN AND BREAD.... We elephants will never forget the fine folks that helped us... We will be back thanks to these kind of people....
> No place like DIXIE!!!

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere in SoCal

#42164 May 6, 2011
Matt from Columbus wrote:
I have to say this, I can't believe it but my Mavericks are up 2-0. I know that doesn't garantee a win, but it means there has to at least be 6 games in the series!!!! Go MAVS!!!
It isn't over until it is over. When the Lakers come back are you going to hop on the band wagon?

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Somewhere in SoCal

#42165 May 6, 2011
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> No place like DIXIE!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kCYdsmuavG8XX
Inside the land of DIXIE.....DUKE? ;-)

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#42166 May 6, 2011
Me? Jump a bandwagon? I don't think so!!!! But you're right its not over until its over. Lets see what happens tonight in Dallas, Go Mavs!!!!
Broadway Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't over until it is over. When the Lakers come back are you going to hop on the band wagon?

#42167 May 6, 2011
LSU - The Kings of the Gridiron

Tiger Stadium - God built this stadium to wath His team play on Saturday nights

#42168 May 6, 2011
Tiger Stadium - God built this stadium to WATCH His team (THE LSU FIGHTIN' TIGERS) play on Saturday nights

#42169 May 6, 2011

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#42170 May 6, 2011
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Dude ... why do you keep saying all schools are cheaters except your precious Notre Dame? Why do stay in a fit of hate? Why do you drink yourself into a drunken stupor? Why do you live in Mississippi? Why do you keep your head stuck up your @ss? Well, guess what ... Coach Artie doesn't give a rat's @ss if you like or dislike his posts. And, what the hell makes you think anyone other than your little weak minded followers, like your pointing finger posts? Now, have yourself a nice day looking at yourself in the mirror, and hating what you see ... ya hear!?
I can see I touched a sore spot. It's ok, do you need a tissue?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Bruin For Life 32,593
Announcers missing the boat big time. 22 hr Joe T 1
It's not that hard people, Michigan first in if... Sat Mensan 174 2
New Top Four For The NCAA Playoff Should Be... Sat Analyst 3
The Big Pac-12 Decision Fri Choices 1
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Fri Go Blue Forever 57
Penn State Supporters For Playoff Need A Better... Dec 1 Anthony 3
More from around the web