UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 29764 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#17515 Jan 31, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>You are an arrogant SUC fan so you probably already have mirrors all over your house to watch yourself practicing your stupid V pumping just like little kids play the air guitar!
Only mirrors I need are on the ceiling!

“I LOST A BET, SO I HAD TO GROW”

Since: Aug 09

THIS MUSTACHE. HAHA (WEIRDO)

#17516 Jan 31, 2013
Trojans wrote:
BTW, listened to a pre-game interview with Kyle Anderson. He wWas asked how his friendship with Jio Fontan transpired. He didn't know what tranpired means.
So much for UCLA recruiting brainiacs. Not saying our guys are, but some fools make comments often about how much smarter UCLA atheletes are, when compared to Trojans. LOL!
"transpired" is a stupid word used in asking how a friendship has transpired...what the hell does that mean anyway? my reaction would be the same "transpired? what is that supposed to mean?"

#17517 Jan 31, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>That fair weather sure felt good tonight!!! The Trojans BITCHSLAPPED your prima donna (B)ruins!!! HaHaHaHa
there you go with "bitchslapped" word, you must have been "bitchslapped" a number of times in Brazin in your last vacation...but I guess losing in Overtime to a super mediocre team is being "bitch-slapped". Apparently you had no hope USC would win last night, or else you would like you've been there before, and/or you would have taken my up on my bet for $100.00.

By they way, I counted 145 USC fans at Pauley Pavillion, where is your trojan pride? I'm sure you were not one of those 145 USC fans I counted. We will probably outnumber you in your own Gay-Land center as well in our next meeting...maybe then you will have the balls to make a bet with me, but I doubt it.
Trojan

Encino, CA

#17518 Jan 31, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>"transpired" is a stupid word used in asking how a friendship has transpired...what the hell does that mean anyway? my reaction would be the same "transpired? what is that supposed to mean?"
LOL!! Coming from the one of the ones who TRIES to claim UCLA only recruits brainiacs.

If you had heard it in the context of Physioc's question, it would have been quite clear Anderson isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

But that's neither here nor there. What's important about last night is the "W". I was pleasantly surprised. I thought we had a chance to win at home. But at Pauley, I didn't think it would happen.

LOVE IT!

“TROJANS READY TO RESTORE ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#17519 Jan 31, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text> By they way, I counted 145 USC fans at Pauley Pavillion, where is your trojan pride? I'm sure you were not one of those 145 USC fans I counted. We will probably outnumber you in your own Gay-Land center as well in our next meeting...maybe then you will have the balls to make a bet with me, but I doubt it.
That would be 145 noticeable fans with Trojan attire on, but with as many posh Westwood, fair-weather fans there NOT dressed in your overhyped and non-effective "Blue Out", how would you really even know Robbie. And since you were bored with your team and took to counting people in the stands, I am sure you conveniently overlooked how many EMPTY seats there were in your precious Pauly last night... HaHaHaHa

TROJANS 75
(B)RUINS 71

San Marino, CA

#17520 Jan 31, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
What's important about last night is the "W". I was pleasantly surprised. I thought we had a chance to win at home. But at Pauley, I didn't think it would happen.
LOVE IT!
Apparently a lot of those posh,(B)ruin fans didnt think so either by not showing up (hundreds of empty seats) to the game. They can use playing the Trojans as their lame excuse (which shouldnt be), BUT they were retiring one of their best players that night. Really (B)ruins? Nobody better EVER call me a fair weather fan again. Westwood holds that distinction!

FIGHT ON

San Marino, CA

#17521 Jan 31, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>I liked our resolve to come back and tie it up to force OT, but we never should have got behind that far in the first place.
Howland needs to keep the players from having mental lapses and lack of intensity on defense!
TROJANS 75
(B)RUINS 71

HaHa
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#17522 Jan 31, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! Coming from the one of the ones who TRIES to claim UCLA only recruits brainiacs.
If you had heard it in the context of Physioc's question, it would have been quite clear Anderson isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
But that's neither here nor there. What's important about last night is the "W". I was pleasantly surprised. I thought we had a chance to win at home. But at Pauley, I didn't think it would happen.
LOVE IT!
great win...they deserved to win played a tougher more inspired game.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#17523 Jan 31, 2013
Linebacker66 wrote:
<quoted text>Somewhere in Louisville, someone is shaking his head. All that potassium in your Gatorade is dehydrating your melon.
> Swamper forgot to mention, the Gaytors are also a powerhouse in ring around the rosie, jacks, and hopscotch, and not to mention, red rover.
>:/

#17524 Jan 31, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently a lot of those posh,(B)ruin fans didnt think so either by not showing up (hundreds of empty seats) to the game. They can use playing the Trojans as their lame excuse (which shouldnt be), BUT they were retiring one of their best players that night. Really (B)ruins? Nobody better EVER call me a fair weather fan again. Westwood holds that distinction!
FIGHT ON
YOU ARE a fair weathered fan!!!! you were NOT there last night you big effing liar! and there were empty seans all right, when people would go take a piss or but some california rolls...USC should be embarrassed to have had only 145 fans there...and the reason for being some empty seans is because USC couldn't sell their alloted seats, so they went back on for sale, and many Bruin fans bought them in the last 7 days of the game.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#17525 Jan 31, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>great win...they deserved to win played a tougher more inspired game.
Ya I agree BFL, that was a great win for ol SC, a beautiful game played by SC, congrats to the Trojans, I also loved their black unis so masculine.....Go Bruins!

#17526 Jan 31, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Of course if this was USC involved here, you would call it "cheating"! And you dont think LSU would pull some strings to get players better compensation? Heck, they could probably have a basketball team become relevant again! HaHa
> LSU has been to 4 Final Fours. Has USC ever had a basketball team? LMAO!!! Coach Artie has very little interest in basketball. He just wants to set the record straight! The Coach is an SEC, and CFB FOOTBALL fan! FACT!!! Taco, you've confirmed with another one of your moronic posts that you don't know the difference between right and wrong! Geesh! Hell, you don't even know the difference between your @ss and a hole in the ground, much less anything else! The Coach was concurring with the remark being made about the NCAA passing a measure that would monetarily compensate "legally", college athletes. You on the other hand, are a typical street gang thug who sees Trajon glory in any type of unlawful, unethical "Get Rich Quick" scheme. No wonder you lawless vagabond Trajons are always in trouble with the NCAA. You'd think you criminals would learn after the NCAA just about cut off your nuts. Anyway, have a nice day now ... ya hear!

Yours truly,
Artie the Accountant (Keeping tabs on $$$ that flows under the table at low-life, heathen, no-good, scoundrel institutions of higher learning ... you know who you are)

#17527 Jan 31, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE a fair weathered fan!!!! you were NOT there last night you big effing liar! and there were empty seans all right, when people would go take a piss or but some california rolls...USC should be embarrassed to have had only 145 fans there...and the reason for being some empty seans is because USC couldn't sell their alloted seats, so they went back on for sale, and many Bruin fans bought them in the last 7 days of the game.
> CT lie? Come on! LMAO!! Poor ole CT finally got something to cheer about in his team's overtime win at home last night! Heck, the poor thing hadn't had anything to cheer about since the NCAA powers that be decided to give USC only 30 scholarship deductions in football instead of 40. It's been a hell of a drought for cheering in the Trajon Ghetto. Maybe the NCAA should make another trip to the ghetto!

#17528 Jan 31, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>
TROJANS 75
(B)RUINS 71
HaHa
As much joy as you "try" to convey you happiness, you know thabn no amount of basketball victories in basketball can take away they pain of your football team getting arse raped in 6 of their last 7 games, and especially the 38-28 "bitchslapping" at the hands of the new City Champions, and Pac-12 souoth Champions. LMAO Gawd it feels sooooooo suuuuuuugary sweeeeeeeet to proclaim our title of Champions without anyone adding as "asterisk"!!!!

The sweeeeeeetness of our 38-28 victory in football, will not turn sour by ANY basketball defeats. GOOOOOOOOOOO BRUIIIIIIIIINS!!!

UCLA - " The Nes Destinations Of Real Football Stars"
USC - "The New Irrelevant Football School"

#17529 Jan 31, 2013
^^dammit, "no amount of basketball victories....." stupid smart phone!! clicked "send" by itself before proofreadin.

#17530 Jan 31, 2013
Some awesome Predictions by some experts for signing day...Bruins looking GoOoOoOd!!!
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content....
Trojans

Whittier, CA

#17531 Jan 31, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
The sweeeeeeetness of our 38-28 victory in football, will not turn sour by ANY basketball defeats.
A sweep by the Trojans would do just that. A win by the Bruins in football occurs every few years. But a sweep by the Trojans in bb occurs only about once every 20 years.

But only time will tell. Should be fun on Feb 24!

#17532 Jan 31, 2013
Trojans wrote:
<quoted text>
A sweep by the Trojans would do just that. A win by the Bruins in football occurs every few years. But a sweep by the Trojans in bb occurs only about once every 20 years.
But only time will tell. Should be fun on Feb 24!
NOT gonna happen, and even a sweep by USC will not erase the hurt and the pain of your football team losing 38-28 or losing 6 of 7 games to end the season...you know it...and I know it...only way you would feel satisfied, is if you were a basketball fan first and football fan second.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#17533 Jan 31, 2013
Ya great game by USC, congrats to the Trojans, they played a superior game, they have a much better coach, again much love to all the boyz at SC.....Go Bruins!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#17534 Feb 1, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you didn't let the same thing stop you from celebrating in 2006, when the better team didn't win in football.
Absolutely!!! I enjoyed our Bruins knocking the TrOJans out of the national Championship race with that upset victory :)
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall if you were, but there are Bruins foolish enough to claim UCLA "won" the South division in 2011, which they didn't. If you weren't dumb enough to make that claim, so be it.
I was never a Bruin to say that. We were fortunate under the circumstances, BUT just one year removed and we did WIN the Pac-12 South Title this year with hopefully more to come
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's face it, the books are thrown away in this one. As I said in the fall, I won't be dumb enough to claim we've caught the UCLA bb program because of a win here & there, even if we should happen to sweep them. Unlike some Bruins, I keep it real.
USC is football, UCLA is basketball, no matter what happens here & there. Should be a great game on Feb 24!
When our two schools get together the rivalry brings out the best in performance, even if a team in inferior. What the heck, look how good of a game your team gave our football Bruins, the now champions of the Pac12 South :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 2,049
News 'Dogs draw first blood (Jul '09) 5 hr tom wingo 4
News 'Dogs show playoff bite (Jul '09) 5 hr tom wingo 4
News Bulldogs post upset win (Jul '09) 5 hr tom wingo 3
News Bulldogs post upset win (Jul '09) May 21 tom wingo 3
News Second former Illinois player alleges misconduc... May 14 tom wingo 2
News Tom Brady is Overrated (Jan '06) May 13 stewart scott 10,062
More from around the web