UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 29725 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Trojan

Encino, CA

#17138 Jan 17, 2013
He was in on it, or he's just a complete idiot.

If he wasn't in on it, this sheds a light on a much bigger problem with regard to ND's admission standards. They are obviously allowing morons into the school, to get their football program back on track.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#17139 Jan 17, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
could affect his draft status.
Nah... the draft experts are predicting that he'll probably be taken as the 5th pick in the draft by the Detroit Lyins!!!

BAH-DUM-TISH!

I hear ND is seeking to change their name to Nosuch Dame!!!

BAH-DUM-TISH!

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week, try the veal, I hear it's deee-lish, and don't forget to tip your waitress.

Burn, baby, burn!

#17140 Jan 17, 2013
Trojan wrote:
He was in on it, or he's just a complete idiot.
If he wasn't in on it, this sheds a light on a much bigger problem with regard to ND's admission standards. They are obviously allowing morons into the school, to get their football program back on track.
Alas, that would be the same moron that USC and UCLA were hoping would commit to them, so I'm reluctant to throw ND under the bus on this. Besides, he has already earned his degree, so he can't be all that dumb (school-wise, that is).

All this does is reinforce the notion that stuff like this can happen at any program, no matter how well it is ran.

ND fans: that feeling of being punched in the gut you are feeling right now? That's how we USC fans felt when the news broke about RB5.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#17141 Jan 17, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah... the draft experts are predicting that he'll probably be taken as the 5th pick in the draft by the Detroit Lyins!!!
BAH-DUM-TISH!
BAH-DUM-TISH!
Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week, try the veal, I hear it's deee-lish, and don't forget to tip your waitress.
Don't forget to mention I will be giving two for one lap dances for all the nice "gentlemen"...hehehe ...Go Bruins!
Trojan

Encino, CA

#17142 Jan 17, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas, that would be the same moron that USC and UCLA were hoping would commit to them, so I'm reluctant to throw ND under the bus on this. Besides, he has already earned his degree, so he can't be all that dumb (school-wise, that is).
That is exactly why I don't believe he was played. He was in on it.

I'm not throwing ND under the bus. I love the school and the football program. I am unlike most Trojans.(Although, the 3 week delay since the school found out about it is amusing.)

I just wish he'd be straight up and admit his involvement. You can move on from doing something really stupid. Just ask Kevin Hart.
Trojan

Encino, CA

#17143 Jan 17, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
BAH-DUM-TISH!
BAH-DUM-TISH!
Cowturd read a few tweets this morning that came out from Michigan fans. They were pretty good.

One was that her family is asking that people respect her non-existence.
Trojan

Encino, CA

#17144 Jan 17, 2013
Their eyes supposedly locked on one another when they "met" in 2009.

http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/894035/What...

He's full of shit.

“I LOST A BET, SO I HAD TO GROW”

Since: Aug 09

THIS MUSTACHE. HAHA (WEIRDO)

#17145 Jan 17, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
All this does is reinforce the notion that stuff like this can happen at any program, no matter how well it is ran.
ND fans: that feeling of being punched in the gut you are feeling right now? That's how we USC fans felt when the news broke about RB5.
This has nothing to do with the schools integrity, and all to do with naiveness on the part of Manti Teo. ND has the toughest admission standards in the nation for student athletes, so this did not happen because he's dumb.

For anyone to be giving Manti Teo shit for this is just plain ignorant of the goes on today on the Internet and Social Media. Onene must also understand, that Manti Teo is a devout Mormon, and anyone that knows anything about his religion, knows that they are not permitted to have sex before marriage thus many young men and women refrain from having relationships with women/girls for the sake of not being tempted. Had Manti Teo, been exposed to posibilites to freely excercise his desires as most teens in today's society do, perhaps he would have caught on earlier - that is not the case with Manti.

Get off Manti Teo's case already, and realize he is a victim here.

#17146 Jan 17, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Victim my ass.
He's either a lying POS or he's just not all there. You don't go THREE years of supposedly knowing someone and not catch on. A few weeks, a couple of months, maybe. But THREE years?! Please!
This has nothing to do with the schools integrity, and all to do with naiveness on the part of Manti Teo. ND has the toughest admission standards in the nation for student athletes, so this did not happen because he's dumb.

For anyone to be giving Manti Teo shit for this is just plain ignorant of the goes on today on the Internet and Social Media. Onene must also understand, that Manti Teo is a devout Mormon, and anyone that knows anything about his religion, knows that they are not permitted to have sex before marriage thus many young men and women refrain from having relationships with women/girls for the sake of not being tempted. Had Manti Teo, been exposed to posibilites to freely excercise his desires as most teens in today's society do, perhaps he would have caught on earlier - that is not the case with Manti.

Get off Manti Teo's case already, and realize he is a victim here.

#17147 Jan 17, 2013
And one more thing!!! if this happened to you, would you NOT be so embarrassed that you would keep to yourself and actually even lie and say you met this person, just for the sake of not looking more stuped than you already seem for "falling in love" with someone you've never met??? you guys are PATHETIC!!
Trojan

Encino, CA

#17148 Jan 17, 2013
LOL!! Yet bnother person who was raised to be a "victim" and always blames someone else. There are a LOT of people who subscribe to that philosophy these days.

Now THAT'S pathetic!
Trojan

Encino, CA

#17149 Jan 17, 2013
blame
Trojan

Encino, CA

#17150 Jan 17, 2013
For anyone who buys his BS story, I've got some swampland in Florida I can sell you really cheap! LOL!!
Trojan

Encino, CA

#17151 Jan 17, 2013
83% of people out there don't buy it.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp...

#17152 Jan 17, 2013
Trojan wrote:
LOL!! Yet bnother person who was raised to be a "victim" and always blames someone else. There are a LOT of people who subscribe to that philosophy these days.
Now THAT'S pathetic!
okay, so was his motive for making this stuff up? what's your take?
Trojan

Encino, CA

#17153 Jan 17, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>okay, so was his motive for making this stuff up?
Don't know. Don't care.

Burn, baby, burn!

#17154 Jan 17, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
For anyone to be giving Manti Teo shit for this is just plain ignorant of the goes on today on the Internet and Social Media. Get off Manti Teo's case already, and realize he is a victim here.
Dang, Robbie, you sure are jumping to his defense pretty strong here. Even if he was a victim, at some point he and his family became complicit when he and his parents spoke about how they "met" and how often they saw each other, etc. They didn't cover it up because they were embarrassed, they covered it up because they knew it would damage his chances for the Heisman and be a major distraction before the BCS Championship game.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#17155 Jan 17, 2013
lier, lier, pants on fire.....

#17156 Jan 17, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang, Robbie, you sure are jumping to his defense pretty strong here. Even if he was a victim, at some point he and his family became complicit when he and his parents spoke about how they "met" and how often they saw each other, etc. They didn't cover it up because they were embarrassed, they covered it up because they knew it would damage his chances for the Heisman and be a major distraction before the BCS Championship game.
Perhaps I did jump the gun juuuuuuuuust a little....I just read the entire Deadspin article, and yes, I am throughly confused, and certainly looks a little suspicious...it seems to me there is a very good chance that Manti Teo and his family were in on this. BUT!, I don't see how you or anyone can criticize Notre Dame for this, they had nothing to with this.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#17157 Jan 17, 2013
The SEC is the best conf

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 11 hr tom wingo 1,946
Heisman Trophy Contenders 2015 23 hr CollegeFootballUn... 1
News Nick Marshall Headlines Undrafted Free Agent Si... May 4 tom wingo 3
News 2015 NFL Draft: Host City And Vikings Get 'A' G... May 4 Gen Larry Platt 5
News Ex-UH star Peters signs with Bears (Feb '08) Apr 27 tom wingo 6
News Hard to define fairness with potential BCS rematch (Nov '11) Apr 23 tom wingo 85
News When it comes to NFL pro potential, Garrett Gra... Apr 13 Dart Board Drafting 2
More from around the web