UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32266 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Bruin Fan

North Hollywood, CA

#13625 Sep 9, 2012
Pete_Carroll wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the Queen. I'm really MBD/Bruin Nation....WE ARE NOT STUPID !!!!
FIGHT ON !!!
I say here is the biggest queen on topix the most notorious troll of all.....Oh the horror!......Go Bruins!
Bruin Fan

North Hollywood, CA

#13626 Sep 9, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
In my original assessment of UCLA I had them at 9-3 and had them losing to Nebraska and USC and one more loss coming via, Utab, Stanford. Obviously we know Utab is not as good as we all thought, and Stanford is definitely not as good either, so I see the following as being realistic assessment of the rest of the season based on what I've seen barring any major injuries, especially to Hundley:
Houston - Win
Oregon State - Win
@ Colorado - Win
@ Cal - Win
Utah = Win
@ ASU - Win
Arizona -(they have our number)??? but Win due to being a home game.
@WSU - Win
USC - Loss
@Stanford -(always a tough game) we will probably lose either this game or Arizona, but not both.
is 10-2 realistic? I think so.
Oh the horror fellow Bruin, there are too many bandwagon Bruin fans on this thread, this has forced me to no longer associate with the brainless banter of fair weather Bruin fans like you , MBD/Pete_Caroll/Bruin Nation, Brew In......Fare thee well topix!...For the last time, Go Bruins!

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#13627 Sep 11, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>some people take this stuff too serious man.
HaHa, great gag Rob, HaHa, funny sthick...

San Marino, CA

#13628 Sep 11, 2012
Bruin Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the horror fellow Bruin, there are too many bandwagon Bruin fans on this thread, this has forced me to no longer associate with the brainless banter of fair weather Bruin fans like you , MBD/Pete_Caroll/Bruin Nation, Brew In......Fare thee well topix!...For the last time, Go Bruins!
After your end of season collapse, you (B)ruins will be 7-5 at best! HaHa

San Marino, CA

#13629 Sep 11, 2012
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRUINS! BN check this out:
UCLA is second in the NCAA in total offense with a 649 yard average per game, and future mayor of L.A. Jonathan Franklin leads the NCAA in rushing with 419 yards after two games.
Comparing the super media-hyped Barkley and Hundley's stats so far:
BARKLEY - 46 for 68 67.6 pct, 599 yards 10 tds, 1 int, 182.3 rating
HUNDLEY - 42 for 61 68.9 pct, 507 yards 6 tds, 1 int 167.8 rating
So maybe they should throw Hundley's name into the Heisman watch too (LOL) along with J. Franklin!!!!!!!!!!
Jim Mora, Coach of the Year candidate?!?!?!??
While the stats do look impressive, it is only two games and I dont see your (B)ruins sustaining that type of output. Hundley already got banged up tripping over his own feet, and Brehaut looked like a lost freshman while filling in. If Hundley follows the (B)ruin QB tradition of injury, your dreams will AGAIN be squashed... HaHa

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#13630 Sep 11, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>While the stats do look impressive, it is only two games and I dont see your (B)ruins sustaining that type of output. Hundley already got banged up tripping over his own feet, and Brehaut looked like a lost freshman while filling in. If Hundley follows the (B)ruin QB tradition of injury, your dreams will AGAIN be squashed... HaHa
Really? sounds to me like you're: 1. making fun of an injury to our QB...and 2. you're hoping for an injury to our QB.

As for your 7-5 prediction...how about a $500 wager we win MINIMUM of 8 games.

#13631 Sep 11, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>After your end of season collapse, you (B)ruins will be 7-5 at best! HaHa
$500 wager we win MINIMUM of 8 games...whattaya say? put your money where your mouth is.

San Marino, CA

#13632 Sep 11, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>$500 wager we win MINIMUM of 8 games...whattaya say? put your money where your mouth is.
I will not because you SHOULD win 8 or 9 games with that easy schjedule of yours. A Keenum-less Houston, the Nebraska Cornhuskers who could turn out to be an average team, no Oregon or Washington... But what will really kill you boys is jumping out to a 6-1 or 7-0 record and then you come crashing down to earth.

I will tell you what though, if you can actually go into Arizona State and beat them on their field (very tough, I went to an SC game there) then I will officially drop my calling them the (B)ruins...even though we will beat them again by 21 points or more this year AGAIN!!!

San Marino, CA

#13633 Sep 11, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Really? sounds to me like you're: 1. making fun of an injury to our QB...and 2. you're hoping for an injury to our QB.
I never like to see anyone get hurt but it is the (B)ruins own fault as a lack of value for not having a strength/conditioning coach has proven fatal to your QBs for how many years in a row now?

USC - PALMER, LEINERT, SANCHEZ, BARKLEY

UCLA - CRAFT, PRINCE, OLSON, BREHAUT, COWAN, MOORE, PAUS… Really? HaHa

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#13634 Sep 11, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
Oh and Rice beating Kansas doesn't hurt us
Kind of like Evers to Tinker to Chance ;)

West Hollywood, CA

#13635 Sep 11, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
Houston - Win
Oregon State - Win
@ Colorado - Win
@ Cal - Win
Utah = Win
@ ASU - Win
Arizona -(they have our number)??? but Win due to being a home game.
@WSU - Win
USC - Loss
@Stanford -(always a tough game) we will probably lose either this game or Arizona, but not both.
Europa - Win
Titan - Win
Ganymede - Win

I figured since we Bruins are shooting for the moon here, I would add my contributions ;)

Go Bruins

West Hollywood, CA

#13636 Sep 11, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Your shtick is getting old dude, how 'bout just posting under Fight On, no need to jump wagons, USC is 2-0 and the favorites to win the title, isn't this enough for you to stay on the USC wagon?
Lifer please don't start sounding like Bruin Nation and promoting USC in your comments. They have enough going for them without some of you Bruins turn coating and cozying up to them.

Remember, Go Bruins!

#13637 Sep 11, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I never like to see anyone get hurt but it is the (B)ruins own fault as a lack of value for not having a strength/conditioning coach has proven fatal to your QBs for how many years in a row now?
USC - PALMER, LEINERT, SANCHEZ, BARKLEY
UCLA - CRAFT, PRINCE, OLSON, BREHAUT, COWAN, MOORE, PAUS… Really? HaHa
you left Ossaar Raashan started vs. ND in 2007, Drew Olsen, Mcloud Bethel-Thopsom started vs. USC 2007, Kevin Prince, but who's couting? lol

Our conditioning coach Alosi is one of the best in the business, I've been saying all along, this is a new UCLA football culture, you can scratch out our past, this is a brand new start...and what is even more exciting is that we have 6 freshmen in our starting offense...Goines RT, Brandal C, White LG, Hundley QB, Lucien WR, and Manfro Y receiver...we've only just begun. I'm not saying, we're even close to where USC is at, but the little dog, is growing, and is starting to not only bark, but also learning to bite, and bite hard...like Oscar DeLaHoya said long time ago when asked if he was ready to fight Pernell Whittaker or Julio Cesar Chavez, Oscar replied, "no way! I'm a little Chihuahua, those guys are Pit Bulls" - where UCLA is that little Chihuahua, and USC is that pit-bull...that little Chihuahua, turned out to be pretty vicious in the end.
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#13638 Sep 11, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>you left Ossaar Raashan started vs. ND in 2007, Drew Olsen, Mcloud Bethel-Thopsom started vs. USC 2007, Kevin Prince, but who's couting? lol
Our conditioning coach Alosi is one of the best in the business, I've been saying all along, this is a new UCLA football culture, you can scratch out our past, this is a brand new start...and what is even more exciting is that we have 6 freshmen in our starting offense...Goines RT, Brandal C, White LG, Hundley QB, Lucien WR, and Manfro Y receiver...we've only just begun. I'm not saying, we're even close to where USC is at, but the little dog, is growing, and is starting to not only bark, but also learning to bite, and bite hard...like Oscar DeLaHoya said long time ago when asked if he was ready to fight Pernell Whittaker or Julio Cesar Chavez, Oscar replied, "no way! I'm a little Chihuahua, those guys are Pit Bulls" - where UCLA is that little Chihuahua, and USC is that pit-bull...that little Chihuahua, turned out to be pretty vicious in the end.
Way too soon to tell. But based on what I saw on Saturday, I'd also be optimistic if I were a Bruin fan.

I look forward to the conference being more than USC and Oregon.(Stanford was right there, too, but their "Luck" has ended.)

The Beavers are also pulling their weight so far this season! GO PAC-12!!

BEAT THE CARDINAL!!

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#13639 Sep 11, 2012
The Bruins in one offseason made a night and day improvement, no doubt.
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Way too soon to tell. But based on what I saw on Saturday, I'd also be optimistic if I were a Bruin fan.
I look forward to the conference being more than USC and Oregon.(Stanford was right there, too, but their "Luck" has ended.)
The Beavers are also pulling their weight so far this season! GO PAC-12!!
BEAT THE CARDINAL!!
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#13640 Sep 11, 2012
Matt from Columbus wrote:
The Bruins in one offseason made a night and day improvement, no doubt.<quoted text>
Well, cautiously optimistic anyway. Dorrell & Neuheisel used to come out of the gate really well, too. But, as Rob is hoping, maybe it's different this time around.

CRN was obviously a great recruiter. Just couldn't put it together through a whole season.

Which leads us to another thing...

Some coaches are great with their predecessors recruits and then 3 years down the road, we start to see what talent THEY'VE brought to the table. Some keep it up. Some do not.

Only time will tell. As I stated, not until they can beat us 3 in a strong of 5 will I admit the tables have turned.

But I wish them well. The SEC had better look out. We're gaining on them!!
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#13641 Sep 11, 2012
STRING

#13642 Sep 11, 2012
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, cautiously optimistic anyway. Dorrell & Neuheisel used to come out of the gate really well, too. But, as Rob is hoping, maybe it's different this time around.
CRN was obviously a great recruiter. Just couldn't put it together through a whole season.
Which leads us to another thing...
Some coaches are great with their predecessors recruits and then 3 years down the road, we start to see what talent THEY'VE brought to the table. Some keep it up. Some do not.
Only time will tell. As I stated, not until they can beat us 3 in a strong of 5 will I admit the tables have turned.
But I wish them well. The SEC had better look out. We're gaining on them!!
Mora and staff had the #12 class this past year, they go a few commits that committed only after Mora and his staff were in place, so if anything I think the classes will get better, especially if they keep on winning some of the recruits that SC can't get because of scholarship restrictions will start to look at UCLA rather than other schools in the Pac-12.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#13643 Sep 11, 2012
I see one of Fight_on's alter ego's said he's leaving Topix, heard that crap before, the trolls still here.
POON TANG WAYNE

Anniston, AL

#13644 Sep 11, 2012
ROLL TIDE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders sign former third round pick DE Damontr... May 9 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 2
News Tom Brady is Overrated (Jan '06) May 2 Up yours 10,098
News Oakland Raiders NFL Draft: Sneaky Round 1 Picks Apr '16 TexasRaider 2
News Saints Add Veteran LB Craig Robertson, Re-sign ... Mar '16 dom 1
News Football gears up for spring practice, new season Mar '16 Eagle3 3
News The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC? (Aug '07) Mar '16 Fart news 49,309
News Danbury's Mourning won't play football for UCon... (Dec '08) Mar '16 Fart news 3
More from around the web