Tom Brady is Overrated

Full story: Dr. U 10,024
Tom Brady of the New England Patriots is the most overrated quarterback in the NFL. Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#9904 Aug 19, 2012
"suggests" and "contends" and "unless an insider blows the whistle someday" isn't a breaking news story...
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#9905 Aug 19, 2012
This moron or collected lot of morons cannot say that perhaps Brady, Belechik and the rest of the team and coaching staff could have just been that damn good.
Patriots R Cheaters

Houston, TX

#9906 Aug 21, 2012
.........& he always has been.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, Ohio

#9907 Aug 21, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
"suggests" and "contends" and "unless an insider blows the whistle someday" isn't a breaking news story...
Yeah, I thought it was a bit weak, too, but thought it might stir up a conversation. Like how this guy is publishing a book alledging these things and not getting sued...

Akron, Ohio

#9908 Aug 22, 2012
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I thought it was a bit weak, too, but thought it might stir up a conversation. Like how this guy is publishing a book alledging these things and not getting sued...
lol He's just another opportunist crawling out of the woodwork trying to cash in.

Are you ready for football to start up? Seems like it's been 2 years. Let's get all these rosters filled and play ball!

Last year I had the NFL Ticket for free, but this year OUCH. It's like another utility bill. I still think it's worth it to see any game and every game at any time.

What is tOSU look like this year? Is it going to be Urban's year to shine or whine?

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#9909 Aug 22, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
lol He's just another opportunist crawling out of the woodwork trying to cash in.
If so, he's about 4 years too late, and WAY too light on facts. I can't see how the NE organization and the NFL will let him get away with this.

Unless it's true, this is going to end up in court somewhere...

Are you ready for football to start up? Seems like it's been 2 years. Let's get all these rosters filled and play ball!
Last year I had the NFL Ticket for free, but this year OUCH. It's like another utility bill. I still think it's worth it to see any game and every game at any time.
I would give my left arm to be able to watch the Steelers and Colts this year, but without DirecTV that's impossible. You would think the NFL would flex the Colts' games to the late game so more people could watch them.

Other teams that are not necessarily great, but have a compelling story, and need to be flexed to the late game so NFL fans can watch them are:

1. Washington Redskins - if there's going to be a duel for the #1 pick, at least show us why

2. Denver Broncos - Is Manning really back, or not?

3. NY Jets - What is Rex going to do with Tebow, who wears the most popular Jersey in the NFL? Wildcat anybody?

4. Cleveland Browns - Is the 2nd/3rd best rookie QB, Brandon Weeden, ready for primetime?

5. Miami Dolphins - Will the one-time goliath return to relevancy behind rookie QB Ryan Tannehill?

6. Dallas Cowboys - Will Romo finally drag this team to an NFCC?

7. Oakland Raiders - Will Carson Palmer return to All-pro form and how will Pryor fit in to the new offense

What is tOSU looking like this year? Is it going to be Urban's year to shine or whine?
tOSU has almost all of the talent from last year back. Miller and Guyton are two of the best young QBs in the nation. Jordan hall is one of the most versatile RBs in the country and the Buckeyes are returning with the best TE in the country in Stoneburner.

The defense starts with the #1 DE recruit in the country, Noah Spence, a super fast freshman. Curtis Grant, the nation's #1 LB recruit in 2011 is also returning. Free safety Christian Bryant is one of the best in the B1G.

Offensively and defensively this team is loaded and should do very well. I think they would have done much better last year with a more experienced coach. As much as I don't trust Meyers, he does fit the bill, and should have the Buckeyes contending, again.

Akron, Ohio

#9910 Aug 22, 2012
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
If so, he's about 4 years too late, and WAY too light on facts. I can't see how the NE organization and the NFL will let him get away with this.
Unless it's true, this is going to end up in court somewhere...
<quoted text>
I would give my left arm to be able to watch the Steelers and Colts this year, but without DirecTV that's impossible. You would think the NFL would flex the Colts' games to the late game so more people could watch them.
Other teams that are not necessarily great, but have a compelling story, and need to be flexed to the late game so NFL fans can watch them are:
1. Washington Redskins - if there's going to be a duel for the #1 pick, at least show us why
2. Denver Broncos - Is Manning really back, or not?
3. NY Jets - What is Rex going to do with Tebow, who wears the most popular Jersey in the NFL? Wildcat anybody?
4. Cleveland Browns - Is the 2nd/3rd best rookie QB, Brandon Weeden, ready for primetime?
5. Miami Dolphins - Will the one-time goliath return to relevancy behind rookie QB Ryan Tannehill?
6. Dallas Cowboys - Will Romo finally drag this team to an NFCC?
7. Oakland Raiders - Will Carson Palmer return to All-pro form and how will Pryor fit in to the new offense
<quoted text>
tOSU has almost all of the talent from last year back. Miller and Guyton are two of the best young QBs in the nation. Jordan hall is one of the most versatile RBs in the country and the Buckeyes are returning with the best TE in the country in Stoneburner.
The defense starts with the #1 DE recruit in the country, Noah Spence, a super fast freshman. Curtis Grant, the nation's #1 LB recruit in 2011 is also returning. Free safety Christian Bryant is one of the best in the B1G.
Offensively and defensively this team is loaded and should do very well. I think they would have done much better last year with a more experienced coach. As much as I don't trust Meyers, he does fit the bill, and should have the Buckeyes contending, again.
Hey, just go to a sports bar that has some dishes, and watch that Colts/Steelers game. Are the Steelers that much of a threat this year?(sorry Steeler fans) I said that because EVERY station I listen to is saying that the Steelers are getting old. I have no idea who they have added to their roster.

The question I have for you, TMD is ... exactly what vertebrae did Manning have fused? I've had c5 over c6 fused, and I've got 100% mobility. Did he have multiple levels fused?

Sounds like Browns are going with Weeden, however, HUGE controversy regarding 2nd string QB. Colt or Seneca or Thadeus to get the call. With a new owner that takes over in October officially, all kinds of changes could be in the works, as far as management goes.(whole other story)

As for the Raids ... I have no clue about Palmer and Pryor. Where's all my Raids' fans when I need to ask them questions???

You raise a lot of good questions, my friend, let's get this party started.
Mike in Miami

George Town, Cayman Islands

#9911 Aug 23, 2012
Ive been stressing this all along. I even created a competition online for this. Help me prove my point

http://www.topthat.com/yogie/PeytonManningVST...

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#9912 Aug 23, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, just go to a sports bar that has some dishes, and watch that Colts/Steelers game. Are the Steelers that much of a threat this year?(sorry Steeler fans) I said that because EVERY station I listen to is saying that the Steelers are getting old. I have no idea who they have added to their roster.
The Steelers have been getting long in the tooth for quite some time, but they have taken great strides to reverse that trend the last couple of years. Without getting into the details of names and positions I'll just say that the OL and the RBs will have many new faces. They won't all be starters this season, but eventually they will take over for the aging veterans.

The only real source of concern I have is the defense, and, specifically, the CBs. The Steelers have been hurting in this area for a long time and have attempted to address this problem without a lot of success. The Steelers have added several new CBs, along with a couple of stud DEs.

The Steelers are going to be in the thick of things come playoff time and just may surprise many of you. They may not win the SB, but they will be one of the final 8 teams at the end. Who knows, a few lucky bounces, and ANYTHING can happen...

The question I have for you, TMD is ... exactly what vertebrae did Manning have fused? I've had c5 over c6 fused, and I've got 100% mobility. Did he have multiple levels fused?
As we all know, Manning originally suffered from a herniated disc in his neck sustained during a game in 2006. He had a total of 3 surgeries to correct the problem.

The first surgery was to try to repair the ruptured disc between the 5th and 6th vertebraes. Obviously, that didn't work, so he had a procedure to remove the organic ruptured disc and replace it with a plastic disc. This was done in conjunction with the stem cell therapy to regenerate the pinched off nerve in one of the nerve root exits.

Manning was still experiencing weakness in his throwing arm, and it became obvious that he needed the more invasive single level anterior fusion, otherwise known as an Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF) procedure. Doctors fused the c5-c6 vertebrae together and secured the fused bones with a bone graft to replace the disc and titanium plates to hold all this in place, followed up by more stem cell therapy.

The surgery was considered a success, and it appears he has full range of mobility and almost all of his original arm strength. Let's hope so...

Sounds like Browns are going with Weeden, however, HUGE controversy regarding 2nd string QB. Colt or Seneca or Thadeus to get the call. With a new owner that takes over in October officially, all kinds of changes could be in the works, as far as management goes.(whole other story)
I had heard a little about this. I still believe McCoy has gotten the raw end of this deal, but the football gods don't play favorites. The best (according to the coach) wins and everybody else has to hit the road.

If the Browns decide to trade McCoy, I hope the Colts snatch him up. I still believe he is one of the best young QBs in the league. He just needs the right situation.

As for the Raids ... I have no clue about Palmer and Pryor. Where's all my Raids' fans when I need to ask them questions???
You raise a lot of good questions, my friend, let's get this party started.
Pryor doesn't look like he's going to make it as a QB. I think he would make an outstanding WR. Let's see what the Raiders decide to do.

Akron, Ohio

#9913 Aug 26, 2012
These preseason games have shown that Colt is the one who produces on the field! I KNOW he got a raw deal. He wasn't even suppose to play his first season. Plus, his concussion didn't help with his stats as he had to be yanked for several games. He has a huge bunch of supporters in this area, but the media (ESPN Cleveland radio) is on the Weeden Wagon big time. I know he has a stronger arm than Colt, but watching him play I would say he's got a lot of catching up to do in the "smarts" department on the field.

I'm having a lot of computer problems, so I'll pop in once in a while. This computer (iMac) was made in 2008 in China apparently, and I can get a new display installed for free, but who has TIME to ship off their computer for any length of time? Time for a laptop.

Akron, Ohio

#9914 Aug 26, 2012
ps: The Packers showed interest in Colt this week. Being a backup to Rodgers isn't a bad gig.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9915 Aug 26, 2012
-Just Sayin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Two words: Matt Cassel
Oh look someone who has no idea what they are talking about. Cassel was a very good back up. Reason he is a starter now. Go and put mark Sanchez in NE and tell me how many wins they would have.

Most people that hate the pats or bring up the overrated aspect are fans of teams the pats always destroy unless you are a giants fan.

Going down as one of the top 3 best QBs to every play this game and i love every second of it!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9916 Aug 26, 2012
TMD wrote:
\
NFL fans want to watch one of the worst offenses in the league that can barley score a TD? A team that will finish third in the east this year?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9917 Aug 30, 2012
AntonChigurh81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look someone who has no idea what they are talking about. Cassel was a very good back up. Reason he is a starter now. Go and put mark Sanchez in NE and tell me how many wins they would have.
Most people that hate the pats or bring up the overrated aspect are fans of teams the pats always destroy unless you are a giants fan.
Going down as one of the top 3 best QBs to every play this game and i love every second of it!
Cassel never started a college or NFL game before stepping in and going 10-5. That is clear evidence that the coaching, players, and system in NE is a very large part of Tom Brady's success. Put Tom Brady on the NYJs and he doesn't have anywhere near the career he has had at NE.
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#9918 Aug 30, 2012
-Just Sayin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Cassel never started a college or NFL game before stepping in and going 10-5. That is clear evidence that the coaching, players, and system in NE is a very large part of Tom Brady's success. Put Tom Brady on the NYJs and he doesn't have anywhere near the career he has had at NE.
Wow dude a post of yours that I agree with, you are right on. Where ya been man haven't heard from you in a while?

Akron, Ohio

#9919 Aug 30, 2012
-Just Sayin- wrote:
<quoted text>
agree...cuz the Jet's coach is a piece of sh*t ... and he's the hilite of the team ...

Belichick was with the Browns, and they didn't have great success with him.

Is Cassel even going to start for KC?

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#9920 Aug 30, 2012
AntonChigurh81 wrote:
<quoted text>
NFL fans want to watch one of the worst offenses in the league that can barley score a TD? A team that will finish third in the east this year?
No...NFL fans want to watch one of the most inspirational and unpredictable players to enter the NFL in a long, long time.

As of right now, no one knows if, when, where, or how Rex is going to use the Tebow/Sanchez QB hybrid. That alone is enough to tune in and see what happens.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#9921 Aug 30, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
ps: The Packers showed interest in Colt this week. Being a backup to Rodgers isn't a bad gig.
He looked pretty sharp tonight against Da Bears. I still think he is their best shot at returning to respectability.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#9922 Aug 31, 2012
-Just Sayin- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if the NE "system" is a "very large" part of TB's success, but it does make what he does a lot easier.

I think there are a handfull of QBs that could go almost anywhere and win. We all know the names - Brees, Manning (both), Brady, Rodgers, and, maybe Ryan. Most of the other guys would suffer greatly moving from one team to another, regardless of the supporting cast. The reason the golden handful do so well is because the teams they play on adapt THEIR "systems" to them, not the other way around.

Can you imagine Belichick asking TB to run a wildcat, or Fox asking Manning to run a QB draw? No. that's ridiculous. It doesn't fit their playing style. These QBs design and run offenses that fit their strengths and comfort zones.

Now take a look at Cleveland. Instead of using McCoy's strengths (roll out/play action/5-7 yard pass to possesion receiver) Shurmur wants to force McCoy into a 4-5 step drop-and-step-up into a non-existent pocket. While he's being hurried or hammered he's expected to go through all his progressions, and find receivers who are being forced to run routes that don't suit THEIR talents. The end result is a lot of busted plays, drops, and sacks. And the whole time people are calling McCoy a bum and want him traded. It's not his fault. It's the "system".

The best QBs in the league do play in "systems" that make them look good. It's their own "system" and all of the other have-nots in the league who haven't figured this out, either need to start doing this, or be prepared to be watching games 17-21 at home from their couches...

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9923 Aug 31, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Wow dude a post of yours that I agree with, you are right on. Where ya been man haven't heard from you in a while?
Thanks. I show up in fits and starts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL Power Rankings Week 3: Predicting Post-"Mon... 1 hr Belcher Report 3
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Trojan 27,340
PSU paid price, deserves to be back 23 hr Selfish Sandusky 7
Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a little s... 23 hr bobbyg43 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Mon Go Blue Forever 1,368
ASU vs. Colorado: By the numbers Sun Bilby 1
The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC? (Aug '07) Sun Just Me Wolfie 49,279
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Football People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••