Ex-Florida Gator basketball star Teddy Dupay charged with rape

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Former University of Florida basketball player Teddy Dupay continues his fall from grace.
Comments
1 - 20 of 66 Comments Last updated Jul 11, 2008
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wallie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Sounds like another Kobe at the resort story.
Ridiculous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

So this is despicable -- I don't think he can dispute what she says if she truly has all those bruises. What a horrible thing he's done. What an idiot.

On a side note, this is plagiarized from the Gainesville Sun story. I guess this guy doesn't realize that you can't just paraphrase someone else's work and call it your own.
later gator

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Anyone that does something like that to another human being- throw away the key. What a scumbag.
later gator

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

I said s c u m b a g.
UF ALUM

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

I knew him in college, he was a jerk then, too.

Since: May 08

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

wallie wrote:
Sounds like another Kobe at the resort story.
Not really. Kobe was with some chick who worked at the resort who he met the same day of the incident. The victim here is someone Teddy had been involved in a long-term relationship with. We obviously don't know all the facts of either case, but I think the victim's story here is more believable that the girl Kobe was with. Also, Kobe's got mucho dinero. Teddy Dupay--not so much.

Since: Apr 07

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

"How can you rape someone you love?"

Is this guy a retard? He obviously is since he doesn't have a clue. Just because he loves her doesn't mean she loves him back or wanted his sexual advances. Sounds like he did rape her. He needs the book thrown at him and then some.
Albert

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Wait until you hear what Tebow's up to.
American

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Stupid Kid. You don't expect this out of our side.
Neil

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

I would expect this from an FSU or U of Miami alumni, but a Florida alumni? Very shocking. I hear the Magic could use a shooting guard if they let JJ go.
Shar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

"How can you rape someone you love?"

Same way you kill someone you love. Duh
Where Did He Go Wrong

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Some of these guys can't figure out that it isn't 9th grade anymore and there are consequences to your actions. I wonder how many "oopsies" he's had fixed in his life? You and me would've learned our lesson the hard way. I'll bet he's had a lot of people covering for him.
Gavin

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

American wrote:
Stupid Kid. You don't expect this out of our side.
What does 'our side' mean. Domestic violence any form of rape encompasses all racial and socioeconomic backgrounds. The largest minority group discriminated against is women.
Dan S

Branford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Gavin wrote:
<quoted text>
What does 'our side' mean. Domestic violence any form of rape encompasses all racial and socioeconomic backgrounds. The largest minority group discriminated against is women.
I think he meant a former Gator, but I'm not sure.

“Hello My Friends”

Since: Jul 08

my friends

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

From what I know...this guy is getting Min. 6yrs - to Life.
He kicked , punched etc.. 150 times.
Broke some ribs.
Left scratches all over her back.

And all he could say is .." It got a little rough"

Typical Worthless Human Being! Your Going To Hell dude!
Dan S

Branford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Neil wrote:
I would expect this from an FSU or U of Miami alumni, but a Florida alumni? Very shocking. I hear the Magic could use a shooting guard if they let JJ go.
I think Dupay got the boot before he ever graduated because of that all gambling debacle.
He was obviously not a saint, but this really surprised me. I guess you never know.
(Hopefully that Magic thing is a joke. Dupay is all of 5'8").
Anon

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Neil wrote:
I'm a UF alum, and even I call that statement utter c r a p.
GoGators

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Gator Nation doesn't care what happens off the court.

Just win so the middle aged fat white guy Gator fans that post here can do the Gator Chop !!!
Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Neil wrote:
Dupay never graduated from UF, so he is not an alumnus. Most of Dupay's records as PG were eclipsed by Lee Humphrey.

Lee Humphrey is an outstanding student-athlete who was an Academic All-American and member of Fellowship of Christian Athletes or Athletes in Action. He spent his summers playing on a ministry hoops team that went around the world.

UF and other programs has had its share of outstanding student-athletes like Lee Humphrey, Tim Tebow, and Danny Wuerful. Unfortunately, UF and other programs also have their handful of problem players who end up with felony arrest records and prison time.
just me

Port Orange, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Why should the media o anyone else be surprised that he did not want to comment. It is an insult how the media aggressively seeks comment, even to the extent of knocking on the door of survivors or victims or calling them immediately after a tragedy, and then reporting that they did not want to comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Florida Gators Women's Basketball Discussions

Search the Florida Gators Women's Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Classless Fans (Jan '14) Jan '14 Los Angeles Fan of WBB 1
Tim Tebow tells Gators he's not recruiting for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Suburban Meyer 2
David Jones: Driskel has Gators fans thinking '... (Sep '12) Oct '12 Florida Swamper 2
Gator Lee Humphrey is awaiting his shot (May '07) Dec '10 BUCKEYE AND NOLE 16
Magic notes: Before rematch, ex-Gator Horford t... (Jan '09) Jan '09 willie 1
Kindred kidney bonds Gator women's basketball team (Oct '08) Oct '08 Jennifer Harris 1
Billy Donovan finally signs $21M contract with ... (Oct '08) Oct '08 LatinJag 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••