Buckeye Fans Suffer; Gator Fans Rejoice

Buckeye Fans Suffer; Gator Fans Rejoice

There are 84 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 3, 2007, titled Buckeye Fans Suffer; Gator Fans Rejoice. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Gators broke the hearts of Buckeye fans once again. Just three months after the University of Florida trounced a heavily favored Ohio State squad in college football's national championship game, the Gators ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
unbelievable job

Gainesville, FL

#1 Apr 4, 2007
by my gators...congrats!!!!
Incredible

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Apr 4, 2007
Down goes The Ohio State University AGAIN!
They are a joke, and their arrogant, obnoxious fans should keep their pie-holes shut.
How embarrassing to get beaten again by the Gators!
opinion

Colnbrook, UK

#3 Apr 4, 2007
Somebody should have left after last years championship, when he had a chance to be a lottery pick. Hi FINALLY goes up against someone his size, and gets totally SHUT DOWN! NOAH swallows, just like his skank momma shoulda
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Apr 5, 2007
opinion wrote:
Somebody should have left after last years championship, when he had a chance to be a lottery pick. Hi FINALLY goes up against someone his size, and gets totally SHUT DOWN! NOAH swallows, just like his skank momma shoulda
He was good enough to shut down the Wildcats! What ring is the other guy wearing? Noah's got a matching pair of those rings! Something Oden will never have!
Jim Boy

Plant City, FL

#5 Apr 5, 2007
You should have to pay the Gators for the school they just gave you Luckeyes. If the Luckeys get better it is because of the schooling they just received for free from the gators football team and basketball team.
opinion

Colnbrook, UK

#6 Apr 5, 2007
Yes, he does have a matching pair of championship rings, no doubt. If you were a Gm of an NBA team, would you take him? Oden will geet drafted #1, and go on to a successful NBA career. Noah wont. At best he'll be at the end of an NBA bench, or possibly playing in europe.
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Apr 5, 2007
OF COURSE ODEN WILL BE SUCCESFUL IN THE NBA...A TRAINED MOOSE COULD FIGURE THAT ONE OUT. BUT DEM GATOR BOYS ARE GOOD. BUT I'LL TAKE ODEN THOUGH...AND I'M NOT SAYING THAT CUZ IM A BUCKEYE, HOMEBOY IS JUST OFF THA CHARTS...
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Apr 5, 2007
Of course Oden will be succesful...He rocks...
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Apr 9, 2007
opinion wrote:
Yes, he does have a matching pair of championship rings, no doubt. If you were a Gm of an NBA team, would you take him? Oden will geet drafted #1, and go on to a successful NBA career. Noah wont. At best he'll be at the end of an NBA bench, or possibly playing in europe.
Yes Oden will go #1. And yes I'd take Noah.
Tbone

Leesburg, FL

#10 Apr 9, 2007
BUCKEYE AND NOLE wrote:
OF COURSE ODEN WILL BE SUCCESFUL IN THE NBA...A TRAINED MOOSE COULD FIGURE THAT ONE OUT. BUT DEM GATOR BOYS ARE GOOD. BUT I'LL TAKE ODEN THOUGH...AND I'M NOT SAYING THAT CUZ IM A BUCKEYE, HOMEBOY IS JUST OFF THA CHARTS...
Sorry, OSU fans you guys are Scarlett and Gray blind. I still am trying to figure out why the comparisons to Noah. One is a true center and the other is a power forward. And you guys act like he is going to be picked and then sit in a corner where no one will coach him to get better at the things he lacks. He is an athlete and a good one at that and he obviously can be coached. Here is one that may get a lot of comments, but did it ever cross your ming that Thad got out coached just like Jim did. Oden should have never been in that long and I am Orange and Blue blind sometime, but Oden did not dominate UF more than Billy wanted him to. In what other game has Oden taken it the next level according to you and made a game changing difference? Please comment on what was said here and not some opinion about what you see in your crystal ball.
Tbone

Leesburg, FL

#11 Apr 9, 2007
6wampy

Olathe, KS

#12 Apr 9, 2007
BUCKEYE AND NOLE wrote:
Of course Oden will be succesful...He rocks...
Geesh!,..I was sort'a on the fence deciding if Oden was gonna be any good or not, in the NBA...but, after seeing that he "rocks"!,...well, I'm fully convinced now!...and NBA GM that passes on him now, is a FOOL!
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Apr 9, 2007
Tbone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, OSU fans you guys are Scarlett and Gray blind. I still am trying to figure out why the comparisons to Noah. One is a true center and the other is a power forward. And you guys act like he is going to be picked and then sit in a corner where no one will coach him to get better at the things he lacks. He is an athlete and a good one at that and he obviously can be coached. Here is one that may get a lot of comments, but did it ever cross your ming that Thad got out coached just like Jim did. Oden should have never been in that long and I am Orange and Blue blind sometime, but Oden did not dominate UF more than Billy wanted him to. In what other game has Oden taken it the next level according to you and made a game changing difference? Please comment on what was said here and not some opinion about what you see in your crystal ball.
Tbone, good points! No need to shut down Oden. He was going to get his points regardless. Shut down the rest of the team, which is exactly what the Gators did. Oden is good, but not good enough to carry his team when the rest are shut down! Perfect game plan Billy! And Oden got away with murder under the basket for once!
Tbone

Leesburg, FL

#14 Apr 9, 2007
Thanks fish.
Eric

Medina, OH

#15 Apr 9, 2007
Noah will be nothing in the NFL he will get tossed around like a ragdoll by NBA power forwards, he simply does not have the skills to compete at that level. Horford is a different story. Oden just completely dominated that basketball game from start to finish. It was the biggest mismatch of the year for him in what should have gone the other way. Ohio State lost by not shooting the ball from the outside. People say they were "shut down". That is what Ohio State does... they chuck up threes like a bunch of idiots, fortunately for the Gators they couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. It had nothing to do with being "shut down" however.
Tbone

Leesburg, FL

#16 Apr 9, 2007
Eric wrote:
Noah will be nothing in the NFL he will get tossed around like a ragdoll by NBA power forwards, he simply does not have the skills to compete at that level. Horford is a different story. Oden just completely dominated that basketball game from start to finish. It was the biggest mismatch of the year for him in what should have gone the other way. Ohio State lost by not shooting the ball from the outside. People say they were "shut down". That is what Ohio State does... they chuck up threes like a bunch of idiots, fortunately for the Gators they couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. It had nothing to do with being "shut down" however.
We have some really good stuff for you to smoke here in Florida because of our proximity to South America, but you must have got some there in OHIO as well. You sound like those guys from those sportscenter commercials. You know the one where the guys are talking out of their asses. There was nothing fortunate for the Gators in that game other than Brent Musberger<sp> wasn't making the call. Only he hates the Gators more than Billy Fudgepacker and Jim "I never played sports in my life" Nants. Please proceed to the nearest Wal-mart and pick out a new set of glasses, it is quite obvious you need a new prescription.
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Apr 9, 2007
Ok, one side of me wants to rant on Noah and the rest of the bunch but the other side wants to be nice. So I'll be nice. Noah is a great baller. Let's not give the Buckeyes any leeway. They lost fair and square. The Bucks were friggin horrble from the the 3 point line. I'll tell ya this tho...Oden was a monster out there. He kept them in the game. But those boys in Scarlett and Gray are just as talented as well...not only can UF basketball turn young men into NBA stars...So can OSU basketball. Its the the beginning of something great at OSU. Now, Gators are a kick @$$ team...but watch out for those Bucks to emerge as well. This town ain't big enuff the Gators and Bucks.
greatest gator

United States

#18 Apr 9, 2007
Maybe so, buckeye, but Oden is still young and it'd be foolish for him to declare for the draft. He had one year in which he didn't even play a full year due to injury. If he's really all that smart and athletic he'll wait until he wins a championship before he declares for the NBA draft. Billy Donovan staying also proves to all the arrogant Kentucky fans that their past and filling up their stadium don't matter. I also think we've proven Florida is both a football and basketball school, we have room for 2 national championship teams:)
Cool Hand Luke

Lake Charles, LA

#19 Apr 9, 2007
opinion wrote:
OPINION! I don't see NBA scout on your résumé. And, everybody has an opinion. You evidently haven't seen Noah play more than once. The guy is a good solid player, a winner, and he plays hard every game. He's a good team player ... as evidence: two NCAA Championship rings.
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Apr 10, 2007
Eric wrote:
Eric, it was a shutdown! The Gators have defended the 3 all season long, top in the nation. Every team comes away shaking their heads about ther 3 point shooting. No luck involved! It's called good perimeter defense. You guys are good! It just took a complete team effort to beat you. They force you to take bad 3 point shots, no open looks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Gators Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps (Oct '14) Oct '14 jambycatherine 1
Classless Fans (Jan '14) Jan '14 Los Angeles Fan o... 1
News Tim Tebow tells Gators he's not recruiting for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Suburban Meyer 2
News David Jones: Driskel has Gators fans thinking '... (Sep '12) Oct '12 Florida Swamper 2
News Gator Lee Humphrey is awaiting his shot (May '07) Dec '10 BUCKEYE AND NOLE 16
News Magic notes: Before rematch, ex-Gator Horford t... (Jan '09) Jan '09 willie 1
News Kindred kidney bonds Gator women's basketball team (Oct '08) Oct '08 Jennifer Harris 1
More from around the web