Gators Heading Back to the Final Four

Gators Heading Back to the Final Four

There are 25 comments on the The Associated Press story from Mar 25, 2007, titled Gators Heading Back to the Final Four . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Go ahead, hate Florida all you want. But you can't beat these Gators. Not in the NCAA tournament.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
T Man

Chesapeake, VA

#1 Mar 25, 2007
Gotta hand it to those Gators. Not many teams make it to the Final Four in back to back years. Puts them in a truly select class. Now whether they'll make it all the way again, well, that remains to be seen. But if they do, it would place them in some very rare company indeed.

T Man
http://www.privatejetsalesandrental.com ("Private Jets Are NOT Just for the Rich and Famous")
John

Chetek, WI

#2 Mar 26, 2007
T Man wrote:
Gotta hand it to those Gators. Not many teams make it to the Final Four in back to back years. Puts them in a truly select class. Now whether they'll make it all the way again, well, that remains to be seen. But if they do, it would place them in some very rare company indeed.
T Man
http://www.privatejetsalesandrental.com ("Private Jets Are NOT Just for the Rich and Famous")
You can say the same for UCLA. They were there too last year.
James Omar Peebles

Raleigh, NC

#3 Mar 26, 2007
I was surprised they made it back to the Final Four ,but congratulations Gators!

Since: Feb 07

San Clemente, Ca.

#4 Mar 26, 2007
I am really looking forward to the U.C.L.A. - Florida rematch. I think that Florida is the better team, but U.C.L.A. will not play with the intimidation they displayed last year.
dusesean1986

Honolulu, HI

#5 Mar 26, 2007
If I was Ben Howland,
1.I would deny the white kid the ball for Florida all game LONG, Lee Humphrey, the guy shoots lights out
(I'm caucasian)
2.Double team the post with a weak side big man rotation and a guard drop to the baseline, and allow this weakside guard to cover two men on the weakside. Trust me, Joakin Noah and Horford are good, but I would love to see them consistently throw the ball cross court being double teamed by two tall guys.
3. Allow Corey Brewer(The Dribbling Kamikazi) to dribble the rock all game long, he is a turnover panicked machine. Pressure Green as well, don't think he's the best ball handler under pressure.
4. Give Aaron Afflalo the Ball. Penetrate to have Florida's two big men get in foul trouble. Allow Nick Collison to push the ball in transition, Florida is tough in the half court game. Allow Richard Mbah Moute to post up, and even Lorenzo Mata.
5. Get into Joakin Noah's head.
Peace.
dusesean1986

Honolulu, HI

#6 Mar 26, 2007
Sorry I meant Darren Collison.
BPJ

United States

#7 Mar 27, 2007
Im love seeing a team stick together. Some of those guys could have easily went pro, but they wanted to dominate for one more year. As much as I love what they've done, I dont see them stoppin either Oden or Hibbert. Horford and Noah are a great frontcourt, but, they dont have that kinda size. But congrats to the return teams from last season, UF and UCLA.

San Clemente, Ca.

#9 Mar 27, 2007
I totally respect Florida's players for not going pro. I wish more athletes were like that. For some reason though, Noah just get's on my nerves. His chest pumping, scowl stares and loud mouth make me want someone to knock his ass down.
tom reid

Clinton Township, MI

#11 Mar 27, 2007
uf sucks - i hope they lose

“Starvin' Harvin.”

Tallahassee

#12 Mar 27, 2007
UF dosnt suck... you're just tired of them.
Lissa Tucker

San Diego, CA

#13 Mar 28, 2007
UCLA is back and better than ever. Can't wait to finally see Noah get
his gator-esque "yapper" silenced once and for all....
Love and Kisses, GATOR HATER
Lissa Tucker

San Diego, CA

#14 Mar 28, 2007
After leaving us for dead last year and humiliating our tradition, it's time for UCLA's S-W-E-E-T REVENGE.

San Clemente, Ca.

#15 Mar 28, 2007
Lissa Tucker wrote:
After leaving us for dead last year and humiliating our tradition, it's time for UCLA's S-W-E-E-T REVENGE.
I hope so. But until the champs go down, they are the favorites.

“Starvin' Harvin.”

Tallahassee

#16 Mar 31, 2007
Awwwwwwwwwww! The poor ruins got destroyed just as as bad as they did last year.

Keep hating.

It only makes us stronger.
Lissa Tucker

San Diego, CA

#17 Apr 3, 2007
Celebrate this year's win until your fingers shrivel up....it will certainly be your LAST.
PS 2 bad you didn't attend UCLA, you'd be able
to spell.
KDCM wrote:
Awwwwwwwwwww! The poor ruins got destroyed just as as bad as they did last year.

Keep hating.

“Starvin' Harvin.”

Tallahassee

#18 Apr 3, 2007
I beleive I spelled "RUIN" just fine.

Your "Creative" english class must have flunked you.

“Starvin' Harvin.”

Tallahassee

#19 Apr 3, 2007
P.P.S.) We own you academically too.
Lissa Tucker

San Diego, CA

#20 Apr 3, 2007
PS Your mascot kinda looks like Barney.
KDCM wrote:

Keep hating.

“Starvin' Harvin.”

Tallahassee

#22 Apr 3, 2007
Thankyou for illustrating my point. UCLA fans are children.

“Starvin' Harvin.”

Tallahassee

#23 Apr 3, 2007
Hey look! That cloud in the sky kind of looks like the 1970s!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Gators Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps (Oct '14) Oct '14 jambycatherine 1
Classless Fans (Jan '14) Jan '14 Los Angeles Fan o... 1
News Tim Tebow tells Gators he's not recruiting for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Suburban Meyer 2
News David Jones: Driskel has Gators fans thinking '... (Sep '12) Oct '12 Florida Swamper 2
News Gator Lee Humphrey is awaiting his shot (May '07) Dec '10 BUCKEYE AND NOLE 16
News Magic notes: Before rematch, ex-Gator Horford t... (Jan '09) Jan '09 willie 1
News Kindred kidney bonds Gator women's basketball team (Oct '08) Oct '08 Jennifer Harris 1
More from around the web