Calathes says he doesn't know if he'd...

Calathes says he doesn't know if he'd stay committed to Gators ...

There are 22 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 27, 2007, titled Calathes says he doesn't know if he'd stay committed to Gators .... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The tentacles of the speculation about whether Billy Donovan would leave Florida to coach Kentucky are weighing on McDonald's All-American Nick Calathes this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kevin

Maitland, FL

#1 Mar 27, 2007
Nick Calathes, if Donovan leaves, GO TO UCF!!! Brand new 10,000-seat arena!!
You will be even closer to your home!!!

We Want Nick!!!! Go UCF!!!!
Grassy

AOL

#2 Mar 27, 2007
You think he's leaving?
sports fan

Marietta, GA

#3 Mar 27, 2007
Why should Billy Donovan take a demotion to take the Kentucky job when he has the best job in America? The reason that it is the best job in America.....
BILLY DONOVAN..........
DAVID

Ocala, FL

#4 Mar 27, 2007
Amen to that brother! You would guarantee yourself you start right away with Ucf.
Kevin wrote:
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Mar 28, 2007
Kevin wrote:
KEEP DREAMING!
LHHS Dad

Orlando, FL

#6 Mar 28, 2007
N. Calathes as always impressed me as a level-headed kid. I hope he doesn't have to make another decision. Too bad he couldn't have played a year with the current team.
The T man

Carrollton, TX

#7 Mar 28, 2007
He should go to Ohio State.
richard french

Lexington, KY

#8 Mar 28, 2007
he said in a interview on a local tv station"if coach Donavon goes to Kentucky i will follow" lots of decisions to be made if only billy d would make his and let everyone know. If he was so sure he was staying why dosent he just say so???
UKFannumerouno

Miamisburg, OH

#9 Mar 29, 2007
sports fan wrote:
Why should Billy Donovan take a demotion to take the Kentucky job when he has the best job in America? The reason that it is the best job in America.....
BILLY DONOVAN..........
Buddy if you think that coming to the winninest college basketball program is a demotion then you have to one of the biggest idiots in the entire country. Think about this you won a national championship last year and failed to sell out more than half of your home games. Even ine the SEC tournament we had more fans then you, and it was in Atlanta, which is alot closer for Florida fans. Even though we had a coach that no one liked and a mediocore season. Florida is a football school and it doesn't matter how many games you win
sports fan

Marietta, GA

#10 Mar 29, 2007
Hey UKFann...whatever, Billy Donovan is turning Florida into a pretty top notch program. The problem with Kentucky is, you guys are never satisfied with any coach. You guys run them all off. I guess when all you have is horse racing, it's easy to sell out every home game. By the way, how does it feel to lose 6 in a row to a football school. Most of the championships you won were when there were only 5-6 top notch programs. Now that every body else has caught on , you guys can't stand the fact that you are no longer king of the hill. That is why you will never be able to keep a coach. Maybe you should try and become a football school. The view from up here is MARVELOUS>>>
nikki angaluci

Clarksville, TN

#11 Mar 29, 2007
nick calathes is soo hot <3
sports fan

Marietta, GA

#12 Mar 29, 2007
Hey UKFANNADUMBO, You are living in the past. Kentucky is no longer the premier program in America. They are nothing more than a grave yard for good coaches. Billy Donovan is the King at the football school. By the way, how does it feel to have lost 5 or 6 in a row to a football school. When schools are winning national championships for selling out home games, Kentucky has my vote for number 1. Until later, the view from up atop this football and basketball national championship school is MARVELOUS.

Very truly yours, a very happy idiot.
DaveB

Madisonville, KY

#13 Mar 30, 2007
According to my sources, Donovan will be the next UK coach. GO CATS!!!
DaveB

Madisonville, KY

#14 Mar 30, 2007
sports fan wrote:
BILLY DONOVAN..........
Who are you kidding? The best coaching job in all of college basketball is at Kentucky. UF will never have the tradition UK has and never will. Keep those plane tickets to Lexington within reach BillyD!
DaveB

Madisonville, KY

#15 Mar 30, 2007
Kevin wrote:
If BillyD, when BillyD comes to UK, Calathes will not be far behind. Wait till Calathes sees our new $30 mil practice facility which is a palace along with the house that Rupp built and the great fans. Kentucky takes more fans on the road then UF has at its home games. GO CATS!!!
Mike

Scottsmoor, FL

#16 Mar 30, 2007
If Billy D. goes to UK, then is VCU coach going to be the next head coach at UF and will Joey, Nick and Chandler all play together a UF. GO HAWKS
uk fan in fl

Winter Park, FL

#17 Apr 1, 2007
My daughter is friends with Nick, (her best friend is dating him) Apparently Nick, nor another Lake Howell recruit did not receive a text from Billy. Only Allen did, I find that rather strange.
richard french

Lexington, KY

#18 Apr 1, 2007
uk fan in fl wrote:
My daughter is friends with Nick,(her best friend is dating him) Apparently Nick, nor another Lake Howell recruit did not receive a text from Billy. Only Allen did, I find that rather strange.
just curious what does all that mean?????
Markwildcat44

United States

#19 Apr 2, 2007
Hey Goob, McDonalds All-Americans don't go to U.C.F. to play basketball........
Rick Packer

Saint Petersburg, FL

#20 Apr 8, 2007
Unbelievable - I guess this all proves what is wrong with modern day athletics? Silly me, I thought players choose their school based on what they might do in life afterwords ie education/career. Maybe Nick has the ability to play in the NBA and maybe he doesn't when it all come out in the wash. Note to Nick and more importantly your parents and advisors --- My suggestion, better choose your future, not your coach!!! If you are as good as advertised the NBA will come calling regardless....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Gators Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps (Oct '14) Oct '14 jambycatherine 1
Classless Fans (Jan '14) Jan '14 Los Angeles Fan o... 1
News Tim Tebow tells Gators he's not recruiting for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Suburban Meyer 2
News David Jones: Driskel has Gators fans thinking '... (Sep '12) Oct '12 Florida Swamper 2
News Gator Lee Humphrey is awaiting his shot (May '07) Dec '10 BUCKEYE AND NOLE 16
News Magic notes: Before rematch, ex-Gator Horford t... (Jan '09) Jan '09 willie 1
News Kindred kidney bonds Gator women's basketball team (Oct '08) Oct '08 Jennifer Harris 1
More from around the web