Haughty UK can't obscure UF's spotlight

Haughty UK can't obscure UF's spotlight

There are 155 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 31, 2007, titled Haughty UK can't obscure UF's spotlight. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Kentucky-Schmentucky. Contrary to what you've been reading and hearing ad nauseam during the past few days, this Final Four isn't about Kentucky basketball; it's about Florida basketball.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“Starvin' Harvin.”

Since: Feb 07

Tallahassee

#170 Jun 4, 2007
LOL! Donnovan flipflopped back to us! This is hysterical! SORRY U.K. FANS... next year's harsh reality will only be hurting the sea of blue...
gocards

Louisville, KY

#171 Jun 4, 2007
richard wrote:
<quoted text>u can have football in Kentucky we dont care. Yea u can have your 7 in a row against u of k in basketball. Remember it. Savor it. Frame it. It will e many many yrs before it happens again. Fla had a special team and that will always be one of the best college basketball teams in history. But remember it was history. Reality steps up next year
Come on Richard, admit it, you care. Your version of reality may have to be on hold for a year or 2 more, albiet Patterson is a nice catch.
richard

Lexington, KY

#172 Jun 4, 2007
gocards wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Richard, admit it, you care. Your version of reality may have to be on hold for a year or 2 more, albiet Patterson is a nice catch.
fla this yr is a tank full of poop water. they willl be no better than 3rd in sec east and lose 2 times to u of k. they have lost just too much and even with mr flipflop he cant shoot the basketball
richard

Lexington, KY

#173 Jun 4, 2007
KDCM wrote:
LOL! Donnovan flipflopped back to us! This is hysterical! SORRY U.K. FANS... next year's harsh reality will only be hurting the sea of blue...
dont get too happy kdcm all 4 of u fla basketball fans are in for some bad times this yr pay back is a bytch

“Starvin' Harvin.”

Tallahassee

#174 Jun 4, 2007
You have been saying this for approx. the last 3 years and the last 7 games between UK and UF.

Get with reality.

Go write your team's history on the wall of a cave.
6wampy

Lenexa, KS

#175 Jun 5, 2007
richard wrote:
<quoted text>u can have football in Kentucky we dont care. Yea u can have your 7 in a row against u of k in basketball. Remember it. Savor it. Frame it. It will e many many yrs before it happens again. Fla had a special team and that will always be one of the best college basketball teams in history. But remember it was history. Reality steps up next year
I think 'reality" may have a tUFfer time than you think "next Year" (which I assume you mean as '07-'08, and in that UF won't play UK until '08)....???..anyway,...UK may be a BIT more than "this coming" season away from returning to the glory-days most UK fans remember. Tragically, Patterson is the best recruit to "touch down" ( slight pun intended) in Lexington in some time.
While I don't doubt "order" will be restored "soon", its the Gator-time to growl, now. You (as UK fans) have done it, its our time for a little while!
6wampy

Lenexa, KS

#176 Jun 5, 2007
richard wrote:
<quoted text>fla this yr is a tank full of poop water. they willl be no better than 3rd in sec east and lose 2 times to u of k. they have lost just too much and even with mr flipflop he cant shoot the basketball
yeah, yeah, yeah,..."OSU and two" tried to get Florida fans to drink the "poop water" too....We ain't buyin' it, DUUUUUUUUde!
UK isn't going to be as strong as you might be thinking, and telling Florida fans (and players) that their team is too young and too inexperienced....didn't work the last "few" times that's been said. It may be relavant, but pardon the faithful if they don't buy into it right now.
Noah and the "gang" were suppose to finish last in the East, and were ranked 81st nationally....They faired a bit better than expected.....Two years in a row!
richard

Lexington, KY

#177 Jun 5, 2007
6wampy wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, yeah, yeah,..."OSU and two" tried to get Florida fans to drink the "poop water" too....We ain't buyin' it, DUUUUUUUUde!
UK isn't going to be as strong as you might be thinking, and telling Florida fans (and players) that their team is too young and too inexperienced....didn't work the last "few" times that's been said. It may be relavant, but pardon the faithful if they don't buy into it right now.
Noah and the "gang" were suppose to finish last in the East, and were ranked 81st nationally....They faired a bit better than expected.....Two years in a row!
Fla Faithful? how many of u are there? 4? 5? ok 6 come on. U lost your entire starting 5. Well time will show. Yall should enjoy what u had the past 2 seasons. Not many teams get that. Again relaity sets in this yr
richard

Lexington, KY

#178 Jun 5, 2007
6wampy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think 'reality" may have a tUFfer time than you think "next Year" (which I assume you mean as '07-'08, and in that UF won't play UK until '08)....???..anyway,...UK may be a BIT more than "this coming" season away from returning to the glory-days most UK fans remember. Tragically, Patterson is the best recruit to "touch down" ( slight pun intended) in Lexington in some time.
While I don't doubt "order" will be restored "soon", its the Gator-time to growl, now. You (as UK fans) have done it, its our time for a little while!
cant deny it. 7 times in a row. it sucks but it is the truth. of course im sure u dont remember the 7 times before that. but u will quite possibly remember the next 7 times.... U guys are back where u belong. To being a football school.
richard

Lexington, KY

#179 Jun 5, 2007
KDCM wrote:
You have been saying this for approx. the last 3 years and the last 7 games between UK and UF.
Get with reality.
Go write your team's history on the wall of a cave.
At least Kentucky had a history. And history will be relived again in the next few yrs. Look u of k has always had this. A down few yrs and some other team challenges for supremecy. LSU, Georgia, Arkansas and Florida. After a while they learn that no matter what, the class and the talk of the SEC will always be on the Wildcats. U guys own football. Well lsu might have something to say this yr but that is another discussion. but basketball is ours.

“Starvin' Harvin.”

Tallahassee

#180 Jun 5, 2007
Everyone's history starts somewhere.

You admit to us owning football; but even that dominance started in 1990.(NEW History that you have apparently accepted.)

I don't see any Alabama football fans claiming to be the kings of SEC football these days...

Kentucky basketball fans will soon make the same realization respectively.

... And UF will in return be having a similar argument with some snot-nosed vanderbilt fan 20 years from now when THEY own the SEC.

History repeats. Get over it.
6wampy

Lenexa, KS

#181 Jun 5, 2007
richard wrote:
<quoted text>Fla Faithful? how many of u are there? 4? 5? ok 6 come on. U lost your entire starting 5. Well time will show. Yall should enjoy what u had the past 2 seasons. Not many teams get that. Again relaity sets in this yr
I know a lot of UK fans are enjoying the mileage they're getting (often just among themselves though) about the number of Florida fans "we" have.
I know its hard to imagine, but at "some" schools, there are fans who enjoy MORE than just one Sport!....yeah,....sounds silly to some, but its true.
We are new to basketball success, that much is true. but we know what it looks like,-and right now it looks great.
You get to "say" it ends this year,...maybe?...maybe not....that's why the 4-5 of us go to the games!
6wampy

Lenexa, KS

#182 Jun 5, 2007
richard wrote:
<quoted text>cant deny it. 7 times in a row. it sucks but it is the truth. of course im sure u dont remember the 7 times before that. but u will quite possibly remember the next 7 times.... U guys are back where u belong. To being a football school.
there's no slight in that!
richard

Lexington, KY

#183 Jun 6, 2007
6wampy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a lot of UK fans are enjoying the mileage they're getting (often just among themselves though) about the number of Florida fans "we" have.
I know its hard to imagine, but at "some" schools, there are fans who enjoy MORE than just one Sport!....yeah,....sounds silly to some, but its true.
We are new to basketball success, that much is true. but we know what it looks like,-and right now it looks great.
You get to "say" it ends this year,...maybe?...maybe not....that's why the 4-5 of us go to the games!
hey dont get me wrong i wish i had a good football team to root for. and my fav sport is baseball so im really screwed there. I base Fla this upcoming yr on the fact they lost just so much. U cant replace what they had in one single season. I dont think Noah will be a great pro but he was an dynamic college player. Enjoy the run. And as far as vandy? in 20 yrs? Oh man please dont go that far.....
6wampy

Lenexa, KS

#184 Jun 7, 2007
richard wrote:
<quoted text>hey dont get me wrong i wish i had a good football team to root for. and my fav sport is baseball so im really screwed there. I base Fla this upcoming yr on the fact they lost just so much. U cant replace what they had in one single season. I dont think Noah will be a great pro but he was an dynamic college player. Enjoy the run. And as far as vandy? in 20 yrs? Oh man please dont go that far.....
No, No way ANYone can replace the 6 Florida player losses and be on the same level.
Those 5 (plus) guys were unique in many ways. At the same time, I don't think you can undervalue Florida based on lost players alone. That's been done before, and the guys came out and proved it be quite wrong.
Can those on the '07 roster do it?...well, no one thought the 04's could, so???
Also, I don't think UK is gonna be lights out. Tennessee is expected to be the "big dog" in te East, and who knows what to expect from UGa and Vandy. UF/UK will be worth the price, but I don't see UK being substantially better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Gators Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps (Oct '14) Oct '14 jambycatherine 1
Classless Fans (Jan '14) Jan '14 Los Angeles Fan o... 1
News Tim Tebow tells Gators he's not recruiting for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Suburban Meyer 2
News David Jones: Driskel has Gators fans thinking '... (Sep '12) Oct '12 Florida Swamper 2
News Gator Lee Humphrey is awaiting his shot (May '07) Dec '10 BUCKEYE AND NOLE 16
News Magic notes: Before rematch, ex-Gator Horford t... (Jan '09) Jan '09 willie 1
News Kindred kidney bonds Gator women's basketball team (Oct '08) Oct '08 Jennifer Harris 1
More from around the web