Terps streak to 4th win in a row - ba...

Terps streak to 4th win in a row - baltimoresun.com

There are 6 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Feb 22, 2007, titled Terps streak to 4th win in a row - baltimoresun.com. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

With all five starters on Maryland's roster averaging double digits this season, it's been difficult to determine who can be considered the go-to player, or whether the Terps even have one.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Mike

Alexandria, VA

#1 Feb 22, 2007
I guess Rick Maese has nothing negative to write about with Maryland on a winning streak. I dont even click on his columns anymore because he seems so anti-Gary Williams for some reason. We dont want constant criticism.
Eric

Norfolk, VA

#2 Feb 22, 2007
This Terps today are the same team as they were 3 weeks ago. Coach Williams knew it, some fans knew it. However, the Sun sports reporters (especially Mease) did not have the sports knowledge to recognize it. It's time the reporters step up and write about something other than team chemistry or making the tournament. Or is that the extent of their sports knowledge?
Duke again

Baltimore, MD

#3 Feb 22, 2007
How in the world did Duke go from out of the top 25, to 17 in one poll, and 18 in the other. Can anybody answer that??
Ben

Ellicott City, MD

#4 Feb 22, 2007
You knew that as long as the they were still in it by half-time, the second half onslaught was going to bury FSU. This has become the prototypical Williams team. This is why I am a Terps devotee. They might not go too deep in the Tournament, but their presence will be felt when they're in the Sweet Sixteen. Go Terps, Go!
Ben

Ellicott City, MD

#5 Feb 22, 2007
Ok, I just read Mease's column.

Rick, you are probably too young to remember much about the early William's years, but this has been the M.O. all allong, going back to the Wizard. The first five minutes of the second half is almost always characterized by a blitz. ANd on the infrequent occassion it doesn't happen, a loss is more likely. BUt with last night's game - as has been true in the past - the blitz was almost certain. Why? Because at the end of the first half virtually all the starters were on the bench with foul trouble. The bench players didn't shoot the ball well, but they didn't get blown out. So, when the second half started I was calm, while you were probably ready to write a different column.

Or does it hurt to acknowledge you really aren't familiar with Terrapin Basketball?
Doug

Fort Myers, FL

#6 Feb 22, 2007
I was skeptical that they could turn things around. The really only Horrible loss is the one to Miami. The rest of the Acc Losses are not Bad losses. Some we probably should of Won (Virginia)

I hope they can play well to Challenge Carolina And Duke. If they Fight hard and Challenge them, they could win. They need to Compete well to get some respect back. A hard fought loss or down to the last minute loss will show the country that they are not a team to mess around with.

I think we are Better than Duke, and pending a three point explosion, should and can win at Duke. The Carolina game at home is Winnable, but will not be easy. Carolina is very good. Terps will have to hit on all cylindars to stay with them. Maybe Mike Jones will show up with a 3 point barrage. He has never lit it up in a big game. I would love to see him go out there and drop 25- 30 points.

Freshman will have to play solid also.....I like them alot, but they sometimes still make some poor choices with the ball. But they have done better than most would have expected. They should be fixtures for another couple years.

Our RPI went to 18 in the last calculations, before the FSU Win. NCAA Tournament is almost a lock, we need one more ACC win, hopefully we can get 2 of 3 from Carolina, Duke, and NCstate to leave no doubt at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida State Seminoles Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Virginia Men's Basketball Stomps Florida State ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 UVA FAN 5
News Seminoles strong at critical running back position (Aug '11) Aug '11 BigDan 1
News Florida State must stop stonewalling (Aug '08) Oct '08 Julian Pittman 218
News Though FSU has extended Coach Leonard Hamilton'... (Mar '08) Mar '08 Suffering Miami Fan 6
News Seminoles extend Hamilton's contract (Nov '07) Nov '07 Stupid Decision 1
News Seminoles coach looking for better luck (May '07) May '07 BUCKEYE AND NOLE 1
News Stanford Hammers Idaho State 96-58 (Apr '07) Apr '07 nobody 2
More from around the web