UConn women's winning streak ends at ...

UConn women's winning streak ends at 90 games as Stanford pulls upset

There are 7 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 30, 2010, titled UConn women's winning streak ends at 90 games as Stanford pulls upset. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Connecticut's record 90-game winning streak is over. The top-ranked Huskies never led and were beaten by No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Title 9

Buena Park, CA

#1 Dec 30, 2010
Yawn.......redistribution of sports wealth providing underwater basketball!
Liberal Bill in St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Dec 31, 2010
It's longest streak in Div. 1 period!
Liberal Bill in St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Dec 31, 2010
There are some sports in which men and women can't compete directly, but many in which they can.

Bowling and billiards are two sports where upper body strength gives no advantage. And yet, the competetion is segregated. There may be others, but I can't recall them right now.

It's too bad we even needed a Title 9 Law. But men have run athletics and still do at most levels. There testosterone and egos blinded them to the inequities they perpetuated, and still do.
On yeah

Perry, MI

#4 Dec 31, 2010
Too bad Uconn can't schedule cupcake teams all the time! Talk about getting arrogant! Way to go Stanford. 71-59! I am glad it wasn't a close win, shows how overhyped the huskies are!
DoveGirl

United States

#5 Dec 31, 2010
I love to see UConn lose.
Oh Please

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Dec 31, 2010
Who cares! Personally, there is no comparison to the UCLA streak. It's womens basketball. How many of the wins in the UCONN streak were complete blowouts?? I'll be willing to bet well over 80% of them. They don't have any competition. This is a joke...
Old Timer

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Dec 31, 2010
They have had way longer than the 5 min of fame they deserved. Now go get married girls after you're relegated barefoot to the kitchen. Over and out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida State Seminoles NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seminoles fall on road to N.C. State (Feb '13) Feb '13 Truett Rumfelt 1
News Virginia Falls to FSU On Last Second Shot - NBC... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Epic Fail 2
News Gahanna graduate part of VCU run | The Columbus... (Mar '11) Mar '11 WHAT 9
News James leads Florida State to upset of Notre Dame (Mar '11) Mar '11 BigDan 2
News For fourth straight season, Hokies left wonderi... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Hoo Fan 1
News Fate's 'Trix' finally benefit Virginia Tech (Mar '11) Mar '11 Hokie Nokie 1
News Bracketology: Buckeyes can still be top overall... (Feb '11) Feb '11 BuckeyeBobby 3
More from around the web