Punching bags no more

There are 1 comment on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 29, 2008, titled Punching bags no more. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

To protect the psyche of his team, Florida Atlantic coach Howard Schnellenberger used to call games such as Saturday's at Texas "advanced training." The message was the Owls were in over their heads and there ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Scott

Dallas, TX

#1 Aug 31, 2008
Yep - Howie your team looked really tough last night.. Glad you didn't get blown out - oh wait - you did!!! After all the talk from the fau coaches and players I sure was expecting a tougher team - maybe you can play a&m next year and win..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Atlantic Owls NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College Football: Southeastern Conference game ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Toaster 2
Hoot Salute Forums (May '12) May '12 Owl Fan 1
News Sun Belt Favorites - Not a Sure Thing (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pete_Carroll 2
News Jean, Lockley win Sun Belt Player of Week honors (Sep '10) Sep '10 lock fan 1
News Practice Notes for 08-30-10 (Aug '10) Aug '10 freejoe 1
News Defense impressive in FAU's second scrimmage (May '10) May '10 lockdown1 1
News Philadelphia Eagles sign Jervonte Jackson to fr... (May '09) May '09 Mom of FAU TE 3